Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.50 shipping
PortaPow Fast Charge + Data Block USB Adaptor with SmartCharge Chip
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- If you have purchased a powerful mains or car USB charger but find that it charges your Apple or Android device slowly or not at all when using a normal USB cable, this adapter may solve the problem.
- PortaPow's SmartCharge Chip automatically switches between Apple, Android and Samsung standards to provide the highest charging speed possible from computers / mains / car / solar USB chargers.
- Physically blocks 'data transfer' mode so there is no risk of data hacking / viruses when charging from an unknown USB socket. Computer USB sockets can be treated like a mains charger.
- Compatible with all iPhones / iPads, Android / Windows phones and tablets, and 1000s of other micro USB / USB-C devices. See below for more details.
- Allows charging upto 2.4A depending on the spec of your charger and device, 4x faster than a standard computer USB socket. Will not increase charging speed in all cases, read the description below.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item PortaPow Fast Charge + Data Block USB Adaptor with SmartCharge Chip
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||PortaPow UK||PortaPow UK||PortaPow UK||PortaPow UK||Playtronics LLC||PortaPow UK|
|Item Dimensions||2.36 x 3.54 x 0.39 in||5 x 8 x 0.39 in||3.3 x 6 x 0.8 in||5 x 8 x 0.39 in||0.87 x 0.39 x 2.6 in||0.4 x 6.4 x 4.1 in|
This converter charges devices at high speed from any computer or other USB socket, even if the charger was not originally designed for your device. Simply plug your USB cable into one end, and the other end into a USB socket. Devices such as Blackberrys or the PS Vita do not charge from many USB chargers, this fixes that.
SmartCharge Apple, Samsung, and other Android devices use three different specs for high speed charging so you will find many chargers will charge one type of device at high speed but not the other. Some chargers now have a built in chip to automatically switch between the standards. This Smart Charger adds this functionality to any USB charger - use one capable of at least 2 Amps (10 Watts) for best results.
Block Data Charging from a computer would normally mean a popup appearing on your screen, slow charging, and the risk of viruses/data hacking if charging from an unknown socket. This adaptor solves all of these issues.
It is not compatible with the Asus Transformer or iPods, all other Apple / Micro USB / Galaxy Tab / Note devices that we have tested can charge at full speed with this adaptor.
This adaptor will not increase charging speed if -
1) Your device is already charging at the max speed it supports (usually the same as the original charger)
2) Slow charging is because of a low quality USB Cable - use a high quality cable such as the PortaPow 20AWG range.
3) Slow charging is because of an under powered / low quality USB socket.
Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 is not supported, if your device uses this standard then this adaptor will allow faster charging from a PC than without the adaptor but for the fastest charging use a Qualcomm charger. Search the internet for 'Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0' to see if your device uses this standard. The Samsung Galaxy S6 / Edge also uses a different standard for the very fastest charging speed.
Top customer reviews
I have it hard wired to a USB port inside the dash getting its power from tapping into the wires on the back of the lighter socket that gets switched with the truck.
no real downside, This complany has several similar smart minded items I am looking at to purchase additionally.
Most recent customer reviews
What I got: that.Read more