Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on April 2, 2016
For those that are having problems with the water capture...the direction say attach a 1/2" hose to it. I went to Home Depot, bought a hose (looks like the hose used to run an ice maker) and ran it to a drain. The hole you attach it to is the one that is 1/2"...you know, the one where all the water is coming from :P . Works well throughout the night.

Embarrassed to say, I at first did not read the directions and got a big puddle on my hardwood floor. Luckily by putting cardboard on the floor and a oil pan (kind you put under a car that leaks oil...an oven pan may work), the weight of the unit pressed down the wood and it looks fine now. So, when all else fails as they say, "read the directions." Good product if operated to specs.
on June 25, 2014
Cools well - for about 4 hours and then you need to drag it outside to drain the water, so it is impossible to use it to sleep through the night. Called LG and the LG Engineering department verified that this is how it is supposed to work!! Swear to god; they said that this "only happens" if you use it when it is hot outside. Guess they designed it to be used in the winter time. Wonder why they don't advertise that feature? Maybe no one would buy it? I'm sure they must be real proud of designing and selling something you won't be able go sell at a yard sale (if you tell people how it "works".) STAY AWAY FROM THIS TURKET
on May 21, 2014
The insert that you put into your window is made of the cheapest thinnest plastic LG could find. It cracks and breaks if you so much glance in its direction. The only replacement for it you can find "LG - ZENITH COV30314901" is $40-60 not including shipping. And only comes with one extension "sliding wing" so if you have a normal sized window it will not fill out the whole window. You will have to cover using cardboard or some other unsightly stop gap. This will be the 4 summer of use and it will be all but useless. Unless I can find a replacement that does the proper job.

Would give it 4+ stars if I could find a replacement for the window insert that worked properly, am even willing to pay for the replacement, as long as its what I need.
I bought one of the LG portable air conditions (model LP1010SNR) today at one of the local big box hardware stores. Choose this model over a Sharp CV-10NH - no real reason for doing so, both units had similar features and were the same price. So far the LG unit works as I assumed it would. Right now the only complaint I have is about the way the unit connects to an outside window for its exhaust. I've got burglar bars and the exhaust hose window connection won't fit through the bars (my bars on the inside of the windows). But even given that, what you get for materials for building the window dam that the exhaust hose connects to are pretty flimsy. I'm using what I got with the unit right now, but I will be building something of my own ASAP. Other than that I have no complaints. The unit seems to be working great. Seems to put out more cold air than my house central HVAC unit does.
on November 17, 2010
I live in the deep south and my Central Air went out in the month of June. Working hard all summer long, I couldn't pay the huge price for a complete central air unit as I had 3 bids for over $3,000 each. So, I bought this LG unit and it cooled not only my 252 square foot bedroom, but most of the upstairs which is around 950 square feet. It ran 24/7 and was a blessing until I could raise the money to just get my Central Air FIXED and not replaced in mid August. By the way - there were two things wrong with my Central Air. The two connectors to the Freon (outside unit) were both loose and only needed tightening and then a charge of Freon. Blower motor was replaced too. That was it! Not as complicated as I had thought. So, paying for the LG and the small repair bill for the Central Air, was less than $900. The LG really came through for me!
on July 21, 2014
Have had this unit for several weeks now. Though it works fine, the owners manual leaves much to be desired. It refers to a drain hose but does not eleborate on how to use, install, or find one. The faceplate of my unit says "enactment" and I cannot find anything about this in the owners manual. Went to LG's website and and the only reference I could find is a reply to someone saying that their unit's faceplate is too small to say that. Yikes.
on April 28, 2016
I love this. It's so portable and light weight. Once I hooked the hose up to it it drained well. Even took it outside for a gathering and it was real nice. Thx
on July 9, 2014
Great product!!! Cooled the place down very quickly & super easy to use/install. Doesn't look half-bad, either.
on February 8, 2017
Constantly get the P2 error. Doesn't drain when I open the drain and tilt it.
on September 29, 2010
I purchased a LG model LP0910WNR portable room air conditioner from Home Depot that had a compressor failure within a week. This unit was for my son's college dorm in south Florida. It was a month before I could get my hands on the unit since I live across the state. During that time he at least had the fan in the unit to run, providing some relief from the heat. I contacted LG on a Saturday and they set up a service call for Monday, which cost me a day of salary. The warranty company, Graham Appliance Service in Jacksonville came by and took a look and said the compressor is bad. The left the unit and said they would get back to me. Graham has yet to get back to me and after badgering LG they said the replacement part is on order and they don't know when it will arrive. It is been four days now with 90 degree temps and no air for my son. I guess when the part arrives I will have to take another day off to meet the service technicians 4 hour window. This $300 portable air conditioner will end up costing me about $600 in time and material. When it broke after a week of use, I should have just thrown it in the garbage and bought another brand. I was considering buying a new LG $2500 refrigerator, but not now. LG has burned this bridge by not replacing this $300 unit verses a more than likey more expensive repair.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.