Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
Update Oct 20, 2013

I'm still using the speaker several times a week. Still works great. If it died I'd buy another one.

Original review:
There is another product on Amazon.com that looks just like this and is about $10 more. I found this one and purchased it. I think they are the same product.

As for the product itself I think it is great. The sound won't knock your socks off but it is clear and loud enough for outside use as long as the neighborhood isn't too noisy.

One thing I was glad to learn was I could control the volume from my iPod Touch or from the speaker. The final volume is a combination of both volume controls. I was not sure from reading the advertisements if I could still use my iPod to control the volume.

I had another portable, rechargeable speaker but it has to be connected to the iPod with a short 3.5mm cable. That speaker works great but has two problems for me. First if I left the speaker and iPod sitting somewhere while I worked in the yard I would have to walk to it to change tracks, pause it, or adjust the volume. Second I'd have to pick up both the iPod and the speaker to make any adjustments which is a bit awkward.

This little Bluetooth speaker, just 2" x 2 1/2" when collapsed, removes the need for the speaker and iPod to be connected. This means I can either leave the iPod somewhere and move the speaker around with me, or leave the speaker and keep the iPod in my pocket. In either case I have control over volume, pause, play, and next track. Cool.

It was easy to pair the first time. Now whenever I turn the iPod on, and the speaker on, they will automatically pair and the sound will play through the speaker. If I turn the speaker off the sound will automatically switch back to the iPod's internal speaker.

I tried walking more than 30' away from the iPod while holding the speaker and I'd guess it worked for close to 30' with two walls in-between the iPod and speaker.

My only complaint is the USB cord has a proprietary connector on the end that plugs into the speaker. I don't know why manufacturers do this (Apple). I have lots of standard USB cords in the house but now I have yet one more "special" one just for this speaker.

If you look through the pictures at the top of the Amazon.com page you'll see some show the top as a dull silver with a thin silver line down the side. Other pictures show the top being shiny like chrome. The one I received is shiny.

It would be easy to give this less than 5 stars but at this low price I still think it is a good value and worth 5 start.
on August 30, 2012
This was purchased for a good friend of mine. She is a TECHNO geek and once I saw the blue tooth capability I knew this would be great. I however was not prepared for how well she liked it and what great sound this little device puts out. Now I'm becoming a bit of a techno geek ;)
These will definitely be a staple in my upcoming X-mas shopping.
ESG
on November 27, 2012
I was looking for an easy bluetooth speaker, and this seemed to fit. It is very light weight, and was very easy to hook up with my Droid cell phone. Also hooked up with my tablet. Good sound for something so small and light weight. Holds a charge - not sure how long yet, I have used it for several hours without a problem, and then connect to USB cord to charge again. Well worth the money.
on July 10, 2012
Once you get through the extremely poorly written instructions, you are left with a very cool item! The sound on this in both wired and Bluetooth mode is amazing for such a little device. The quality as both a speaker and speaker-phone is quite amazing. Great device; just needs clearly written instructions.
on February 25, 2016
Easy way to have a stereo in any room.
on September 30, 2014
Not the one I wanted but it works good and the kids can use it with ease. No problems.
on January 1, 2013
I am beginning to think that the speaker I received was definitely defective due to the other glowing reviews. From out of the box, I couldn't get the speaker to stay up (it immediately collapsed every time, which is where the surround sound comes from) and the sound quality was marred by a high pitched hissing. The only positives I could find about this speaker was that it was compact and it was easy to pair with my cell phone. I am now having to go through the process of returning this item I was so excited to receive and am researching another speaker to replace it for my trip.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.