Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mpow Bluetooth Receiver Streambot Hands-free & Wireless Car Kits for Home/Car Audio System with 3.5 mm Stereo Output
Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo

on April 19, 2013
For $20, this EDUP streaming music device does a pretty good job. I'm using this to stream music from my iphone 5 to my car's stereo. My car has a 3.5mm auxilliary jack and I currently use a long cord to connect the phone to the stereo. It's cumbersome and the wire always gets in the way.

Here's what the EDUP does well: (1) Easy to pair with my iphone 5 (just push the button for about 7 seconds until the lights flash and it's done). (2) Easy to turn on (just hold the button for about 3 seconds until the light flashes and the audio indicator plays over the car's speakers to let you know it's on). (3) Easy to turn off (just push the button for about 5 seconds until the light flashes and the audio tone tells you it's off). (4) Sounds just as good as plugging my phone directly into the auxilliary audio port in my car. (5) Can play and charge at the same time via the 12V power outlet in my car -- I leave it plugged in all the time. (6) Falls asleep to conserve power when not used for about 20 minutes. (7) When a call comes in, I am able to turn on my bluetooth earpiece and the audio switches from the EDUP to my earpiece appropriately. (8) Comes with a short male 3.5mm to male 3.5mm jack (shown in the picture), a male 3.5mm to male 3.5 cable in case the little jack won't physically fit in your car (I prefer the cable because the auxilliary port is in the bottom of the center console of my car, which is tough to reach with all my junk in there -- the cable allows me to put the EDUP on top of the stuff in the center console which is easier to reach), and a short micro USB charging cable.

Here's what could be improved: (1) While the on/off function isn't horrible, it could be easier... maybe toggle between on/off without having to count 3 or 5 seconds depending on which operation you want (seems like the device could figure out that if "I'm currently on and the user is pressing the button, the user wants to me to turn off now")... maybe separate buttons... maybe move the light indicator so it isn't directly on the button (which ends up being under the finger that is pressing the buttons). (2) I'd love it if this would automatically wake up when I turn on the car... maybe it could recognize that power from the 12V outlet is off and go to sleep and then when the power is restored, it could wake up. I realize the EDUP also runs on battery power, so this may not be technically feasible given that it will "always" have some form of power. (3) When I hang-up the bluetooth earpiece after taking a call, it would be awesome if the EDUP would resume playing music. As it is now, the music pauses when I switch over to the earpiece and I have to actually press the "play" button on the phone to get the music to resume after I hang up the earpiece. I think this is probably a function of the phone, not the EDUP, though.

If the EDUP could do #1 on the things on the "to be improved" list, I would have given it 5 stars. If it could everything on my "to be improved" list, I would have given it 5 stars AND I would have been willing to pay an additional $10 or $20 for the device. Other than that, it's a great little device and does what I had hoped it would do.

UPDATED: I started to get really irritated with the "hold the button for 3 seconds to turn on and 5 seconds to turn off" functionality. It seems that I could never get the hang of what 3/5 seconds felt like and it constantly took me 2 or 3 tries to get this thing to turn on/off. I purchased a different bluetooth receiver that doesn't have a battery. With the new receiver, when there's power, it's on. When there's no power, it's off. No on/off switch to deal with. I like it much better for my particular application.
1212 comments| 244 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2015
This device is awesome! If your vehicle is an older model that did NOT come with Bluetooth for your phone (my car's bluetooth works on my smartphone for phone calls but not music) and has the audio jack port, this device is perfect! It's fairly small, pairs easily and functions great! Perfect for listening to my music (and phone calls) through my car's speakers!
review image
on March 20, 2013
This was a surprisingly good product! I was originally going to buy the HTC version, but that was about $50 dollars. This "generic" version worked just as well. I charged it overnight, popped it into the aux jack in my car, and had my phone connect to it, and BAM. Quality music was able to play for about 6-8 hours straight. The device also turns off automatically once you leave the car for a short period of time. So if you take your phone with you the device is smart enough to just power off. My only gripe is that you have to turn it on every time you get in the car. No problem though, just a short 2 second press on the button. Flashing Blue light means streaming. Flashing Red/Blue light means pairing mode.
33 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2013
I bought this receiver to connect my mobile phone to my table top FM Radio.

The most important thing you notice on this BT-receiver is it's size.
It's very small and so you can directly plugin to your speaker's
Aux-In. No need of wires. This is a great advantage.

Here are it's key features
1. Audio quality transmitted is very good.
2. Connectivity is just like any other bluetooth device.
When I invoke the bluetooth on my Galaxy note, it may not
connect automatically to the receiver. This is not a big issue.
I can use the settings and connect it easily on my phone.
But once connected, then no problem at all.
3. Once connected, the very interesting feature I've found is
a)You can pause the song on your phone by just clicking the button
on the receiver!
b)Also you can even change the song to the Next, by double clicking
the button!!! Awesome.
c) You can switch off the receiver by a long press. This also pause the song
in your phone.
4. When the phone rings, it rings normally on the phone and not on your speaker.
That's good. The speaker just pause. But make sure, make the ring volume
to the best. So you will hear the ring, when your phone is in another room.
Or if the song pause in between, assume that your phone is ringing.

5. I play youtube video on my phone and enjoy the audio on my radio!
The youtube audio works perfect! No lagging, breaking etc.

6. It switches off automatically after sometime. This is a great feature.

I am not sure on live streaming video's audio on the speaker. Just for your
info, it didn't worked that good for me. But I need to test it thoroughly.

The charge stays amazingly longer, esp. when you enjoy playing
half an hour or one hour per day.

Since it does it's job very well, I give it five stars.

Hope you liked my review. Thank you.

Updates:
Here is the update. I have found that, during live TV stream, the audio was breaking,
because I have multiple devices active on my screen. So I cleared all the devices on my
bluetooth which I was not using, on the phone's bluetooth setting
and then the audio worked without breaking.
This is a great gadget, very cute and battery gives a week or more for
few hours listening every day.
on February 16, 2014
Very nice purchase despite some minor complaints. Yes, the plastic is cheap and squeaky, the assembly quality is moderate (mine had bent micro-USB port) and the sound is typical non-aptX-Bluetooth sound, but overall convenience, compactness and cheapness negate all cons. It is really nice little gadget to refresh some your good old tech with BT perks.
review image review image
on April 27, 2014
I originally bought the Belkin F8Z492TTP Bluetooth Music Receiver. What a waste of money, the sound on that thing was tinny and just horrible.
This unit is absolutely perfect. I have a Monster Cable iCarPlay Cassette Adapter with a Mini Jack connector that I used to plug into my Kindle or my Phone to play music in the car. The Silver Mini Adapter you see coming out of the Mpow® unit is actually removable, so the Mini Jack can plug directly into the Mpow® Unit. Additionally, the Micro USB adapter plugs into my Auto USB, charging the unit while it's in use. Best of all, unlike some other units I've seen advertised on Amazon, there's ZERO interference if you're charging while using the unit.
04/29/2014 - Update:
I attached my Asus TF101 to my passenger side visor to run Music and Videos (Synced off Plex). I forgot that my phone was also connected via bluetooth, but I was pretty surprised when I was listening to some music and the music paused because a call was coming in on my Note 2. I took the call (which worked flawlessly with crystal clear sound) and after the call was over, the music began to play again automatically. Nice!
on February 23, 2013
Received the item very quickly in the mail (as the seller I had bought from promised)... Used it for 4-1/2 hours straight with no charge and the quality was superb!... I bought this to use with my Sony SRS-P7 passive speakers while in my house and i had ordered one of those Eco Extreme Waterproof Speaker Cases (from Grace Digital) to become my designated outdoor speaker (that i can't wait to get and try out, especially for the beach / river)... Felt I needed to go the Bluetooth route... because, most people that come over are very hesitant about hooking up there smartphones directly to capable audio players / speakers via the aux (3.5mm) input, unlike mp3 players... because trying to separate people from their phones is almost the equivalence of taking somebody off of life support or so it seems... but with this little devices Bluetooth receiver function, all of that becomes remedied!... since anyone can pair up their smartphone and take their hand at playing the DJ (even though everyone I know pretty much listens to internet radio exclusively)... since internet radio is definitely the preferred listening paradigm over anyone's "personal" mp3 player...

All in all, I think this is a sweet device and works just as good as the Miccus Blubridge $40 dollar version (which might just come with a cable or two extra)... which I saw youtube videos on both products and both seemed the same quality wise... but still, I just have to highly recommend that anyone who is looking for a reliable, wireless, and qualified solution (that's much better than any fm transmitter, if your attempting a wireless solution)... to stop, look no further and then order one of these guys!... Good luck!
on May 16, 2014
I bought this to replace my Motorola Roadster in my car which used FM to transmit audio to the car stereo. This little device gives me much better audio quality (no FM interference) and I don't have to constantly hunt for "open" FM stations.

The battery life is relatively short compared to the Motorola, but that is expected given the smaller size of the Mpow device. Keep a USB car charger handy for this and you are all set.

The device's plastic housing and buttons doesn't feel all that substantial, but as long as it stays plugged into the car's AUX port and I don't get into any horrific car accidents, I think it should hold up fine.

I also have received an incoming call on this device as well. Press the button on the device to answer the call, the music is automatically paused, and I could hear the caller over the car stereo. According to the person on the other end, they could hear me OK using the Mpow's built in mic. It's not the primary reason I bought this, but nice to know it's there.

All-in-all, a great little device for the money.
on March 21, 2014
I have an Iphone 4. I was waiting to rate because I haven't tried one feature yet. I have bluetooth calling in my nissan sentra already but not bluetooth streaming. When I got a call while using the device, I answered with my car button instead of the device. The caller could hear me but it wasn't the greatest call. Next time I"ll answer with the device and see how I like it. Because of so many mixed reviews on similar products, I went with this one because it was cheaper in order to cut down on possible disappointment. Works great and I don't mind holding down the button for however long. What's a few more seconds out of my life. It's great that I can use it and charge it all at the same time too.

Update 30Apr2014-Works great. I just recently purchased an Ipod Touch 5 and it pairs with it. iPhone paired with cars built in bluetooth, Ipod touch paired with Mpow for audio streaming and it works seamlessly.

Update 05Jun2015 - my first one finally died and I"ve purchased a new one. For the price, I'm not bothered at all to get another one. Would highly recommend. Once it's paired to my Ipod Touch, I don't have to re-pair it. I just turn it on and a few seconds later, I hear the confirmed connection beat. Charge last a long time too. I only charge mine once a week, if that.
on December 28, 2015
 This product has been so handy for my husband and I, we use it mainly in his truck and on our ATV stereo box. He loves listening to music from his phone in his truck through this device. He tried the fm transmitters and hated all the wiring so he is really glad to had this inch sized piece in place of those. As I have shown in the video, pairing via Bluetooth is extremely fast and easy. We tried different devices in the past but none has been as easy and convenient as this one. We love listening to music while we are riding the ATV so we have a stereo box attached to the front of ours, in the past we would connect a long cable from our phones into the stereo box. With that method we always had fears of our phones falling and getting damaged so this method works much better. There are no cords and my phone can be placed safely somewhere. It has several cool features and the price is extremely great for what you are getting. I received this product in exchange for my unbiased opinion and my opinion is strictly my own. I think that this product deserves 5 stars because it does what my husband and I need it to do and we think that it is awesome.