Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop now HTL17_gno

I was looking for "cheap" (but great sound of course) small speakers to go with a couple of MP3 players I was giving as gifts. I got these little speakers for $4.81 each and free shipping. What a deal! They are small, compact when folded up and nicely portable. No instructions but pretty self explanatory. The hardest thing to figure out was the little tray that slides in and out at the bottom and will hold your MP3 player, phone or whatever. Surprisingly good sound - much better sound quality than my netbook speakers (not saying much there) and I'm going to order a few more of these - one for my netbook, some for stocking stuffers, etc. I am partially deaf, too, and the volume goes quite high on these before it starts to distort. We are not talking Bose here or home stereo but for the price, well worth it. Great little travel speaker, too. I just fold up and put in my backpack. And I got some cheap wall power adapters for these at Radio Shack. Well under $10 for the whole package.
on November 7, 2015
I was pleasantly surprised by this little dynamos. Had a great sound and couldn't beat the price. I just wanted to find something small and compact to listen to my MP3 player on long car trips and when traveling. I was extremely pleased with the sound quality and felt like I had hit the jackpot - I'd been looking for something like this for quite awhile in the stores, but the price tags always gave me sticker shock.

I'm not a "sound connoisseur" and don't have a million dollar system in my home. I try to keep it simple, which why I was so pleased with these speakers.
on October 7, 2013
I ordered this item to use with my MP3 player when I am outside working in my yard, didn't want to pay a lot for that purpose, so I took a chance, the sound was so distorted that there is no way it is acceptable.
I knew by the price that it wouldn't be the best sound quality, but never expected it to be so bad!
I'm returning it even though I have to pay postage to return it. The supplier needs to know that this item is inferior.

While I was disappointed in this item, and returned it, I wanted to add that the seller was very prompt in issuing a credit to my account which I greatly appreciate.

Still looking for speakers to use with my MP3 player, that has decent sound quality and not terribly expensive, since I plan to use it when I am outside working in my yard. Any recommendations will be appreciated.
on December 1, 2017
Was a gift so can't really say. Seems to work as intended.
on February 1, 2010
This no-name device comes with no directions, and when I opened the box, I wasn't sure if this was the same thing I ordered. I was expecting something I could plug my iPod into and play in the park, on the beach, etc. But I could not find either the 3.5mm connection cord, nor could I figure out the battery situation (it comes with a USB cable for power). Obviously, hooking it up to my computer defeats the purpose, as my computer already has speakers. It took quite some tinkering before figuring out that you have to slide out the bottom piece, at which time the 3.5mm connection cord will pop out. You then re-attach the tray to the front side so you can place your MP3 player within. With that tray removed from the backside, you can access the area where the batteries go.

No, I'm definitely not the most technical person, but I have to imagine (or at least hope, for my own sake) that these tips will save someone else the hassle.

Now that I've finally gotten it to work the way I want, it's definitely not a bad piece for $5! The sound isn't great, but for $5, no complaints either.
44 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 28, 2012
This is a cleverly-designed device. It does a Transformer-like maneuver and opens from a cube shape to the tiny boombox look you see in the product photo. It plays music from a cord you put into the headphone jack from your device. Your phone or MP3 player sits loosely in a tray designed to fit a lot of devices. If you happen to have an Android phone with the usb port on the top or sides, you can charge it while it sits there. It's got an on/off switch and a volume adjuster on the back, plus a really bright blue LED light that makes quite a nightlight. Otherwise you're going to be putting tape over that light.

It comes with a USB cord that plugs into the back of the unit. You could plug that USB cord into a USB charger if you could find one that produces the suggested 6 volts. My other USB chargers, like for the Kindle or the iPhone, are 5 volts. I couldn't find a setup that didn't make the speakers buzz a lot when plugged in. So what do you want for the price of a sandwich? Not a bad little item.
on January 21, 2015
I had one years earlier and just wore it out with travel around the world . This is the same great design and quality and cant be beat for the price and quality of sound. Works great with both my mp3 player and as an auxiliary speaker setup for my laptop. So happy I was able to find this exact product again,I thought it might be out of production after all these years. Super satisfied. !
on April 23, 2012
I bought this item for two reasons. 1) My family was traveling and I needed something to play my son's music on for his bed times while away from home, and 2) to replace his radio in his bedroom, which needed to have rechargeable batteries replaced often. This item, along with the suggested outlet adapter works very well for our needs.

The sound from it is not the best in the world; it sounds hollow and there isn't a lot of bass to it, but for a child of 4, it works out great. There is some slight buzzing, depending on how the jack is positioned in the player, but the is easily remedied with a small adjustment. It also works really well for traveling purposes, tucking away securely and compact, by design.

Ultimately, it is a good cheap alternative to buying a stay of the art iPod dock, if you are looking to take music for your kids with you.
on June 12, 2010
Just as expected no maybe better....didn't expect much and got more than expectations. Fuze works fine on it though upside down as some people complain about it. We will take it along camping and maybe just setting outside on patio. We aren't quite into the tiny MP3 players as the younger generations. But getting there sort of. We don't walk around with it stuck in our ear via earphones but do find it interesting to take along on our long car rides to town as in 180 miles round trip. Our rural neck of the woods has no radio reception most of the time either. So have car system that plays through car radio. That works ok but not great too. This little tyke speaker system is so cute and so cheap and we'll use it now and again but not a lot of the time. Sound is not great but not bad by any means. (At our ages maybe it's our hearing that's not so great:))) Works for us though and that's the bottom line and wasn't over priced from this seller. However you can pay more for it here on Amazon if you like and it's the same exact item so shop and compare then come back here and pick it up.
on November 30, 2011
LOVED IT SO MUCH! its AMAZING for this price. I have an itouch and itouch speakers are BARELY audible so i wanted some nice cheap loud speakers and i saw these. They came in the mail on time, the directions were really confusing(actually there were no directions)..it took me a good 5-10 minutes to figure how it was plugged to the itouch,how to make it stand in the speaker..i figured it out though! it works perfectly....its pretty loud..i blast it when im cleaning,in the shower :p,i love how its pretty loud. the voice come outs a little unclear-just abit, and not so loud for a party but pretty awesome! would definitley recommend for someone whos looking for cheap and convenient speakers. only thing i wish was it could charge from the computer and the wire was longer but its all good! :)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.