- Series: Culture and Technology
- Paperback: 280 pages
- Publisher: University of Arizona Press (June 1, 1992)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0816512841
- ISBN-13: 978-0816512843
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.9 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,766,609 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
The Portable Radio in American Life (Culture and Technology) Paperback – June 1, 1992
From the Inside Flap
As an artifact of culture, the portable radio is an unusual but perfect subject for investigation by archaeologist Schiffer. Seeing the history of everyday objects as the history of the life of a people, he shows how the portable radio has reflected changes in American society as surely as clay pots have for ancient cultures.