Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AYL Portable Mini Capsule Speaker System with 3YR Guarantee with Rechargeable Battery and Expandable Bass Resonator for Smartphones, Tablets, MP3 Players, Computers, Laptops, Cell Phones, iPhone 6S
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on December 22, 2012
This rechargeable mini-speaker is an great choice for anyone looking for a way to amplify your devices audio on the go. It is easy to tuck into a backpack or suit case, but its size does not take away from its superb sound quality. This speaker has a very simple and elegant pod-like design, which expands to create a much fuller sound. This small speaker does not lack sound quality. Bass is great for this size of a speaker and treble is powerful. I have tested a wide variety of music genres and all of them sound crisp and clear for personal enjoyment. The price is VERY fair for such a nice, convenient, little speaker. I would feel comfortable buying this as a gift, or recommending it to fellow consumers. You can connect the speaker to any device that has a 3.5mm audio jack. This includes ANY Apple device, Amazon Kindles, Android tablets/phones, laptops, etc. I also find the battery to last very long compared to other mini-speakers I have owned. This is a HUGE plus!

I HIGHLY recommend this item to anybody interested.

Watch my video review for an in-depth look at this device!
1717 comments| 814 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2012
I'm an airline pilot spending about 10-12 nights a month in hotels. I needed a portable speaker for my iTouch that was simple to use and without batteries. This speaker is my new best friend.

Sound quality: Very good. I like talk radio, news, web site sounds, etc. I listen to music also, but if I only wanted this for music, I'd get something else. It's as good as a high quality radio, but for music I'd spend a little more money for higher quality sound. For my usage, I'm very happy.

Size: Larger than a golfball about the size of a plum. It's surprisingly small for the sound it emits. I pack it in my shoe for travel in the little bag it comes with.

Simplicity: It has it's own rechargeable battery and one cord. The cord plugs into the speaker. The other end has two plugs. One is the common speaker plug for your device and the other is the USB that will charge it. Directions say it will work about 12 hours on a charge. I'm still using it out of the box trying to discharge it. I'm sure it's been at least 10 hours so far. Directions say it will charge in 3 hours. It could also be used in a computer or phone or whatever has the common 3.5 mm earphone jack.

For $16, a great deal. Basically, it just works well, looks good, sounds good, and travels well!!

******UPDATE**********
After nearly six months, I have no complaints or major changes. I use it all the time and it let it discharge until it dies. It lasts so long that it's hard to guess the hours length-but I know that I've only recharged it 4 or 5 times in the six months I've owned it.
0Comment| 299 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2012
I really feel in debt with the product and the seller if I don't write something about this product. I bought one of them like three weeks ago for half of price as it is now, then three of them one week after that. So I own four of them and they are all working fine.

The first one that I used, I took it out of box and began to use something like 2 hours per day, moderate or low volume, and it took about 2 weeks for the power to completely run out and have the first charge since I bought it. The battery seems very good, over my expectation.

About the sound, if you know what to expect from the size and price, you will be satisfied. I own a home theater speaker system with very high-rating Polk speakers, I have about 3 different sets of computer speakers (Bose, Boston acoustic, Altec Lansing)... so I understand what good sound means. These mini and tiny speakers will bring absolute no bass, but very clear mid range and treble. Your ears will not get tired like listening to high-end and full range sound from fancy system. It may be a little distorted if you turn the volume to maximum, but close to that, it can fill your room. It's very convenient if you want to listen to music in the kitchen or outside and don't want to bring or care about larger and more expensive speakers.

The package comes with a little speaker, a little cloth case and a cable with one end is normal USB port (for charging, can be plugged in your computer or any USB charger), one end is mini USB to plug in the speaker and one end is 3.5mm audio jack (to plug in any computer and most smart phones, tablet...). The speaker is smaller than the size of a tennis ball but bigger than an average egg (but rounder), looks cool, and light. It has blue light, will be red when charging, one on-off button. Charger and line-in port is the same thing (which is mini USB port), and use one cord for both. I will post some pictures of it so you can see.

I think this is exact the AYL speaker that used to be the best selling and highest-rating mini speaker on Amazon a few months ago. I know about it because I did research and intended to buy but I didn't, and then that speaker just disappeared, no trace or evidence about it on Amazon now, and then seller Accessorise is selling it for cheaper price and try to put different name on it.
review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2012
Charges through USB port on laptops/ computers etc. At the max volume it is quite loud. I am not listening to music but rather class recordings. The sound comes out very clear. Good base sounds. Very powerful for it's size and I would say it play better than a lot of radios! Great to bring in the car, the park, put in the stroller near your coffee, etc to enjoy audio while not having to wear headphones.Charges super easy and last at least 10 hours. I play it daily for at least an hour and only charge it once a week if that. It plugs into where you would normally plug in your headphones/ ear buds. I read the reviews on many such speakers before and because this one had the best customer service (they would take back any defective items free of charge and replace) that's why I chose it! Company has also contacted me after sales to make sure everything was going fine and the item was working (!!!!). definitely 5 stars. If you have kids and want to still be able to listen to lectures, religious speeches, debates, etc this is helpful as you could just put it up on a shelp, hang it on the wall, etc and hear audio . Really adventurous and you could just nail a mesh bag on the wall and out your Mp3 player/ speakers in it ! I am using a no name MP3 player bought on Amazon.

Oh and it has great packaging would make a very nice gift!
on May 17, 2012
I bought this speaker mainly to play my iPod, and I couldn't be happier with it. The price was great, and the charge lasts for hours. I played nearly 600 songs on one charge, and the speaker still had battery life. In general, it takes 3 hours to fully charge the speaker through the USB connection.

I bought the red speaker, and the quality is actually nicer than I anticipated. It's a brushed metal that looks very sleek, and the logo was green and actually more attractive than what the picture shows. The speaker cone on the top has a red, glossy finish, which also contributed to the sleekness.

The only real hangup with this speaker is the unusual audio/USB connector. It is a little bit awkward to have the the wire all over the place, but this is a minor problem. Overall, the speaker quality is great. I only turn my iPod to 1/2 volume and I can hear it clearly in the shower. Once I tried turning it up to full volume, and it was VERY LOUD (and still very clear), which could be great for some instances, but not when you have a very sensitive roommate.

I definitely recommend this speaker for anyone looking for a quality, very affordable way to hear your iPod or any other device with a headphone connector.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon October 6, 2012
I have reviewed several bluetooth speakers (as you can in the video portion of the review), and the Accessorise Your Life Bluetooth Speaker is a very nice combination of style, size, sound, and value. I think the key for this speaker is that it is an excellent value - I have seen similar speakers priced twice as much as the Accessorise Your Life Portable Speaker.

Notes

- The sound performance is solid considering the size. It is certainly louder and better sounding than my iPad 2, but if you are expecting loud booming sound you will likely be disappointed. Remember this is a speaker that is slightly larger than a golf ball, so for the size it does do a good job.

- 4 different colors - blue (which is my favorite), gold, silver, and zebra.

- Fully rechargeable using a mini-usb

- Pares easily with any bluetooth device (hold down the dial for 5 seconds to put the speaker in pare mode).

- Bluetooth range is probably 10-15 feet

- Features an auxiliary input for use with non-bluetooth products

- Comes with a vinyl carrying case

Final verdict - I am a fan of the Accessorise Your Life Bluetooth Speaker - it provides a nice portable solution at a very affordable price.

4 1/2 Stars

Note - I received this product for reviewing purposes.
77 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon August 11, 2013
- A note - in the video I state the AYL has two 2 watt speakers - when in fact it is two 4 watt speakers for a total of 8 watts.

I like the AYL Mini Touch bluetooth speaker. It offers better than expected sound performance in a ver small package. It offers better sound than the common single radiator style speaker. Unlike many of the small single speakers the Mini Touch can also be used for larger rooms, at campsites or at the pool.

Notes

- Features two 4 watt speakers/drivers (I misspoke in the video)- it is actually a total of 8 watts) which is loud enough to fill a medium sized room - the top of the speaker is ported allowing for a additional bass response

- The sound performance is surprising for the size - it offers a bit of bass depth but it does miss a little on the high end. You may notice more when listen to jazz or music that is focused more on the higher frequencies.

- Very small in size - about the size of three iPhones stacked on each other. I t can easily fit in the pocket of a backpack or travel pack.

- Pairs very easily - I had no issues pairing it with my iPhone or iPad

- Fully rechargeable

- Comes with a padded nylon carrying case

- While I haven't used it as a speakerphone - it can be used as a speaker phone

Final Verdict - The AYL Mini Touch packs a lot of sound performance in a relatively small package. The frequency response is shifted to lower end of the scale causing a little more bass response but at the expense of the higher frequencies. However, at this price point it features more than acceptable sound in a very compact design. Recommended

4 1/2 Stars

Please note I received this product in exchange for an unbiased review
11 comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
For such a small wireless speaker in this price range it definitely packs a punch. Its footprint is small and I can actually hold it in the palm of my hand. It's a perfect speaker for a cluttered desk that won't hold much or on a nightstand. The controls, which are on the top of the speaker, light up by touch. This speaker can definitely boom if you want it to, but isn't like a Logitech. It's a small speaker that you'll probably use at close range and won't need that 30 foot Bluetooth range. It's a good range that even the best of them have to offer.

As far as sound goes, it's really a performer. Audiophiles, as usual will probably take a pass, but for someone like me it's perfect. Pairing it to my iPad was very quick. The iPad searched for the "device" and almost instantaneously connected without the use of a password. I tried several different types of music and was very satisfied with the range. The twin speakers gave a nice even tone, no tinny sound, and no distortion. If you're in the market for a small Bluetooth wireless speaker, this is one you might want to take a look at.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX:

~ AYL Bluetooth wireless speaker
~ 1 Quick start guide
~ 1 USB connector
~ 1 Audio cable

SPECS:

~ Dimensions: 4.53" x 2.44" x 2.21" (115mm x 62mm x 56.2mm)
~ Weight 8 ounces
~ (Φ) 40 MM
~ Input L/R400MV
~ Power Output: 4W*2
~ S/N: 80DB
~ AMP Freq Range: 200Hz - 16Hz
~ Charge Voltage: 5V ± 0.5V
~ Suitable Temperature: 32° - 104° F (0° - 40° C)
~ Battery Capacity: 800mAh
~ Charging Time: 2 Hours
~ Playing time: 3 - 4 hours
~ Bluetooth version: 4.0
~ Bluetooth effective distance: up to 30 feet

3 Year Warranty

Sample provided for review.
33 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2012
I'm tired of blowing out my device speakers,
so I needed an external speaker.
I don't like headphones because they hurt
my ears if I wear too long and they're not healthy.

This device is very light and portable,
no fumbling with heavy speakers that need
lots of batteries or excess wires.
I like how there's a built-in battery!

It's very pleasing to the eye!
The price is right!

The only drawback is the lack of volume control,
I plug it in and forget my computer is set at max, BOOM!
This is one of my favorite Bluetooth speakers that I use constantly around the house.

What is in the box (thick quality box):
-AYL Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker (Bluetooth 4.0[latest 2013 standard])
-Aux Cable
-Micro USB cable
-Carrying case
-Instruction Manual (stuffed in and crumbled)

How to setup using Bluetooth:
1) Turn the switch on the back to the on position
2) Find the Bluetooth Speaker on your device (Shows up as BT Speaker)
3) Tap it on your device to connect to it.
4) Once connected play a song on your device or any other audio.

The AYL Bluetooth speaker sound great and can get really loud. I really can't believe how loud it can go with how light and small it is. I really like that I can have a small, lightweight and loud speaker in my bag without adding any noticeable weight. The speaker is black with matte finish on the sides of the speaker. It is made of plastic. It has a plastic screen on the front to let sound go through. When you look at the inside of the speaker you will see that the actual speaker. On the bottom there is a grip to stop the speaker from sliding. I am really impressed with this speaker. This speaker has an aux port so you can play your non Bluetooth devices audio through this nice speaker. The aux port can be used with any aux cable (3.5mm plug on both ends). The setup was actually really easy. When I first used the speaker I did not even need to look at the instruction page that it comes with. The speaker's battery life lasted me around 3.5 hours of medium to high volume which is great. The built quality is great. It feels solid and feels like it will not break. I really like this Bluetooth speaker because out the clarity if sound and how loud it goes.
Overall, this Bluetooth speaker is outstanding and I recommend it to anyone look for a mini portable Bluetooth speaker.

Watch my video review.
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.