|Standing screen display size||10.1 Inches|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||0.01 Hours|
Portal from Facebook [Gen 1]. Smart, Hands-Free Video Calling with Alexa Built-in
|Wireless Communication Technology||Wi-Fi|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||9.84 x 3.68 x 8.2 inches|
|Photo Sensor Resolution||12 MP|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Move and talk freely with Smart Camera: With Smart Camera, you don’t have to worry about being out of frame. Whether you’re moving around the kitchen, prepping dinner or chasing the kids through the living room, Smart Camera adjusts to follow the action. And as more people enter a room, Smart Camera automatically widens to keep everyone in view, so you don’t miss a moment
- Private by design: Facebook doesn't listen to, view or keep the contents of your Portal video calls. Calls on Portal are encrypted, so conversations stay between you and those you're calling. You can also completely disable the camera and microphone with a single tap, or block the camera lens with the camera cover provided
- Connect with friends, even if they don't have Portal: Easily call friends and family on Messenger — calls can be made seamlessly to and from smartphones and tablets. And you can bring up to six other people into a group call
- Alexa built-in: Portal has Alexa built-in, so you can ask a question, set a timer, add items to your shopping list, control your smart home or more. Just ask
- Experience more together: With Portal, story time will never be the same. With music, animation and augmented reality effects, Portal lets you become some of your children’s favorite characters as you read along to well-loved stories. And if friends or family also have Portal, you can listen to your favorite music together as if you were in the same room, without delays or feedback
- Stay close with Superframe: When you’re not in a call, Portal can display your Facebook photos and videos. You can also see when your closest contacts are available to connect, and get birthday reminders
- Active Facebook account required for product use
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Connecting through Portal feels like being in the same room, even when you’re far apart. Whether you’re moving around the kitchen or chasing the kids through the living room, Portal’s Smart Camera automatically adjusts to keep everyone in view. With Alexa Built-in, you can access thousands of Alexa skills hands-free. And you can make video calls to and from smartphones and tablets, so you can stay in touch even if friends and family don't have Portal. Portal also comes with unique experiences like Story Time, which lets you read along to well-loved stories with fun animation and augmented reality effects. And with Portal you can enjoy music, videos, news, games, and more from Spotify, Pandora, heart Radio, YouTube, CNN, and the Food Network. There is no monthly fee, Portal just needs to stay connected to a Wi-Fi network and AC power.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have to say I was hesitant at first based on the media reports, but so far so good. I am giving this 4 stars only because it has limited apps, does not have a battery and requires an AC connection. Remember, the speed of your connection depends on the Wi-Fi you are connected to. Hope this is helpful!
The problem is that devices does not receive calls. I spent time with support and they said wait for an update on messenger. Waited for that. Called support again but still can’t receive calls.
Time for a refund.
If the Portal performed on par with an Echo Show it'd be a 5 star product, but with the limitations it feels like an incomplete device. The advertising and Alexa certification is misleading with no mention of this lack of support.
My father lives 1400 miles away and has cancer. The joy he got the first time it connected and he got to video chat with his grandchildren was a phenomenal moment. He giggled and kept saying over and over how much he loved his Christmas gift. Whatever else people say about Facebook, thank you for these memories.
On the plus side, has a very nice screen.
Spend a little more and get an Alexa Show.