Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Portland Design Works Shiny Object CO2 Inflator with Leather Sleeve and Cartridge
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CO2 inflator with 16-gram CO2 cartridge and stitched leather sleeve
- Fits Presta and Schrader valves; compatible with all threaded CO2 cartridges
- Control knob regulates speed of CO2 release
- Sleeve leather is vegetable tanned and dyed with natural oils and waxes
- Indestructible alloy construction; lifetime warranty against defects
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Shiny Object Inflator with CO2 Cartridge and Leather Sleeve
The Shiny Object works on both Presta and Schrader valves - no adjustments necessary.
Shiny Object with Leather Cartridge Sleeve by Portland Design Works
CO2 Inflator, 16g CO2 Cartridge, and Leather Sleeve
- The Shiny Object CO2 inflator is made of indestructible oh-so-shiny alloy and fits on both Presta and Schrader valves. Its control knob regulates how fast the CO2 is released.
- The full grain Leather Sleeve is vegetable tanned and conditioned with natural oils and waxes - helping keep your hand warm when the Inflator gets frosty.
- Inflator height: 44mm (1.75")
- Leather sleeve length: 55mm (2.25")
- Weight (including cartridge): 80grams (3 oz)
Prep your Shiny Object and Valve for Inflation.
Ensure that the Control Knob is the dialed 'CLOSE', then securely thread on a 16g CO2 cartridge with Leather Sleeve. If you have a Presta valve, make sure it's open by cleared it with a quick tap to prepare it for inflation. Secure the Inflator head onto your tire valve - the Shiny Object is compatible with both Presta and Schrader valves.
Use Control Knob to Regulate CO2 Release.
Slowly turn the Control Knob open to begin the release of CO2 into the tire. If you hear any leaks, close the knob and ensure your inflator is fit onto your valve correctly. Use a quick burst of CO2 to help seat your tire to the rim or simply allow the CO2 to slowly fill the tube with air. Keep a hand on your tire to ensure you don't overinflate the tube. Check your tire for suggested PSI.
Close Knob and Remove Inflator to Finish.
Once your tire is filled to your prefered pressure, turn the Control Knob closed to stop the fill of CO2. Carefully pull the Shiny Object off of the tire valve. If you didn't use all of the CO2 in the cartridge, you can use it again within a few hours time to top off your tire as needed.
More inflation options available from PDW through Amazon
Portland Design Works Magic Flute Pump
- It's true, the Magic Flute mini pump can't spin straw into gold, nor does it issue forth sweet music, but what it lacks in magical and flute-like qualities it will make up for the first time you are stuck in the middle of Siberia or some other far-flung place with a flat tire.
- The Magic Flute features all alloy construction and a composite bracket that fits under your water bottle cage. Use CO2 when you're in a hurry or pump up the old fashioned way when you've got a bit more time on your hands.
Portland Design Works The Ninja Pump and CO2 Inflator
- The Ninja Pump puts the ancient arts of stealth and power in the palm of your hand. It is master of two fighting styles: Pump and CO2 inflator. It knows the way of the Schrader and Presta, and threads on to both for secure inflation.
- Like any highly-trained warrior, it excels under pressure, and can overcome even the most formidable 120psi tire. Alloy construction gives it the strength of a dragon and the beauty of a crane. With the Ninja, there is no try, only do.
Portland Design Works Barkeep CO2 Inflator
- Like any good taverner, the BARkeep is a trusted compadre who knows how to make all of your worries disappear. It can party with both Presta and Schrader valves, and threads on for extra security.
- The integrated pressure gauge works by its lonesome or with the 16g CO2 inflator, so you can make sure your tires are never over-served. Tap Handle flow control lets you get a perfect pour. Every time.
Portland Design Works CO2 3-Pack
- Our 16 gram threaded CO2 cartridges work with most brands of inflators. They’re also food grade, which means they’re clean on the inside and won’t gunk up your inflator or tire valve.
The Portland Design Works Shiny Object CO2 Inflator with Leather Sleeve and Cartridge is constructed from a durable aluminum alloy. And, considering that it's smaller in stature than a CO2 cartridge, there's no reason to be stranded with a flat -- that is, unless you forgot a tube. Hey, things happen. But the Shiny Object's clever design makes it something that we carry almost solely to show off after situations of duress. The Object threads onto 16g CO2 cartridges, and it features a control knob to regulate CO2 output. The operation is a breeze. Simply turn the knob clockwise to close the valve, thread on your CO2, and then turn the knob counter-clockwise to inflate your tube. The inflator is compatible with both Presta and Schrader valve heads, and to ensure that your hand doesn't freeze off, PDW included a beautiful, vegetable tanned leather sleeve. The combination of sleek alloy and stitched-leather creates a staple- with one foot rooted in the past and one placed firmly in the future. We know that you'll be glad to have it around.The Portland Design Works Shiny Object CO2 Inflator with Leather Sleeve and Cartridge is available in one size and one color. It's compatible with 16g threaded CO2 cartridges and both Presta and Schrader valve types. The Inflator includes a both a leather sleeve and a CO2 cartridge.
- Material: [inflator] alloy; [sleeve] leather
- Dimensions: [inflator height] 44 mm; [leather sleeve] 55 mm
- Valve Type: Presta, Schrader
- Max Pressure:
- Hose Length:
- Deflate: n/a
- Weight: 80 g
- Recommended Use: roadside inflation
- Manufacturer Warranty: lifetime
Color: One Color | Size: One Size
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For additional info, this is my current setup, everything fits correctly below a Selle Italia SLR TeamSelle Italia SLR Team Edition Saddle, barely moves and does not interrupt pedaling at all.
1- Bag Avenir Bigmouth Velcro Seat Bag (Small- 27 Cubic Inches)
2- This tool (inside the neoprene bag): Topeak Mini 9 Pro Mini Tool with Neoprene Bag
3- CO2 Inflator - Portland Design Works Shiny Object CO2 Inflator with 16G Cartridge
4- Additional 16G Cartridge (1)
5- Generic Tire Levers (2)
6- 2 Patches, Glue & Grit from : Park Tool VP-1 Vulcanizing Patch Kit (Single) (no box)
7- Road Tube (700c x 23)
1. I made sure that the Shiny Object release knob was in the closed position.
2. The CO2 cartridge was very easy to screw into the inflator.
3. I heard a very low "hiss" once the seal was broken as I screwed in the cartridge.
4. I continued screwing in the cartridge until it was well seated but I did not over tighten.
5. I filled a backup tube with a Presta valve as well as using a Presta Adapter with no issues either way.
6. The CO2 cartridge does get very cold so the stitched leather sleeve works nicely to reduce the frozenness to your fingers / hand.
Nice and compact, very well crafted and very functional for any cyclists requiring to perform a flat repair on the trail. Was going to purchase one of those hand pumps but heard too many negative reviews about them as well as hearing that you would need to acquire an expensive pump to meet your tires PSI requirements.
I had no desires to spent a lot of money nor perform lots of pump-action on the trail during a flat repair so I opted to get this instead. Excellent decision and this tool will be one of those mandatory items for every trail ride we venture out on for sure.
P.S. If I see you out on trails struggling with one of those hand pumps, I will definitely stop and share with you my CO2!
This thing weighs almost nothing and is well made and it works. It's really nice to have this and an extra tube just in case, but it was awesome to be able to bail someone out that really needed it too. Great system.
Most recent customer reviews
Nope, it's holding it quite nicely.Read more
The rubber came out but contacted them and they USPS the new piece right away.