Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Portta HDMI to AV / CVBS Composite RCA + S-Video Converter v1.3 support 1080p
- Compliant with HDCP.. Input: HDMI.
- Output: RCA Composite & S-video Video, R/L Audio HDMI digital signal to Composite Video or s-video analog signal.
- HDMI Transmission Rate: 5Gbps. Support 165MHz/1.65Gbps per channel (4.95Gbps all channel) bandwidth.
- Support highest video resolution 1080p Support uncompressed audio such as LPCM
- Input video systems - NTSC and PAL is automatically detected and adjusted.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Musou||Goodes||Epst||GANA LINK|
|Color||No||No||HDMI to RCA||—||—||—|
|Connector Type||HDMI to HDMI||HDMI to HDMI||—||HDMI Type A,RCA||—||—|
|Item Dimensions||2.4 x 3.7 x 0.8 in||2.4 x 3.7 x 0.8 in||0.8 x 2.6 x 2.2 in||2.91 x 4.72 x 0.87 in||—||3.54 x 6.1 x 0.79 in|
|Item Weight||2.32 ounces||2.32 ounces||1.44 ounces||7.3 ounces||1.3 ounces||0.8 ounces|
This converter is designed to convert HDMI to either Composite Video or S-Video. It allows
users to enjoy their high definition image and sound when watching movies or playing games
on traditional AV monitors or projectors.
For converter to function properly all cables must be connected and in use (yellow: video, white: left audio, and red: right audio).
Supported audio format: 2 channel analog audio, does not support digital audio
May experience less than a one second lag.
Will not convert audio only.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My DISH dvr has S Video output but the new TV has not and I had to settle for a poor result using RCA AV connections.
Using this gadget to convert my old analog S video to hdmi made such a stunning improvement even my wife noticed.
The up conversion to 1080 gives a result which greatly exceeded my expectations, speaking as an experienced electronics engineer.
This was one of the lowest cost products I could find. However, I was very impressed with the product. The packaging was great. The outer box was cardboard with very high quality graphics. The inside of the box had a molded plastic tray with two cells. One cell contained the converter box and the other cell contained the DC power adaptor. The converter and the power adapter were packaged in reinforced anti-static bags. The manufacturers went "first-class" on packaging.
For my application I connected the RCA jacks from my TiVo to the converter. (Note that you have to provide your own cables... the only cable that the product comes with is the power lead from the DC power converter). Then I connected the HDMI cable that runs to the TV to the converter. I connected the power cable and the thing worked great. I had to press the "select" button on the unit to toggle through the inputs (it accepts "AV", "S", and "HDMI" inputs). I then pressed the scale button to change from 720p to 1080p.
The picture quality was pretty good. (As a test, I switched my cables around to test whether the internal "converter" inside the TV would do any better job of displaying the TiVo picture... it did not). Remember, the older AV components don't produce great picture quality on a high-resolution TV. That's just the way it is.
When I cycled power to the converter (turned power off, waited a bit, then turned power back on) the unit remembered my settings (my settings were AV input and 1080p resolution). I was happy about this because it would be a pain to have to reset it every time I wanted to use it.
Really good product... works as advertised.
Here are the two reasons that caused me to give the product 4 stars vice 5...
(1) The unit runs a little warm. Not hot, but warm. Both of the units I purchased are this way (I bought two because I have both a TiVo and an old DVD/VHS that I wanted to convert to HDMI). It might be running warm because it is so compact. I don't know if running warm means that it is using power inefficiently.
(2) The manufacturer did a nice job of producing a compact device. However, to make the device small, input cable connectors are on the front of the unit and the output HDMI connector, power input connector, and switches/indicator are on the back of the unit. While this arrangement decreased the width of the unit, it made arranging the cables difficult. I would have liked to have seen all the cables on the back and just the switches/indicator on the front. This would have hidden the cables completely. I got around this deficiency by hiding the converters in the back of my cabinet. This workaround would not work for everybody, particularly if you need to switch inputs frequently. (Remember, you can connect as inputs an HDMI source, an S-video source, and component AV source and switch between them with a selector push button).
Overall... really good product. Packaged very well. Compact device. Works as advertised. Provides picture quality as good as converters that are internal to the TV. Only disadvantages, to me, were that the unit runs a little warm and connectors are located on both the front and back of the unit, which makes it hard to hide cables.
I would buy more of these if I needed them elsewhere.
will find another product that actually works out of the box
also, pretty flimsy -- with "pass thru" inputs you need space in front and in back of the box for input / output. box is so light that it was hard to keep in one place.
the switches to change input and scan rate are on the back ... so another pain.