From the Back Cover
- Have everyday conversations in Portuguese
- Make sense of Portuguese grammar
- Properly use idioms and expressions
- Speak Portuguese in almost any situation
Real-life conversations included on the bonus CD
Learn to speak Brazilian Portuguese the fast and easy way
This hands-on, friendly guide helps you start speaking Brazilian Portuguese today! Whether you're a student, traveler, business person, government employee, or just interested in this beautiful language, you'll find practical lessons, cultural facts, and handy references here including real-world dialogues, a Portuguese-English mini dictionary, lists of verbs, and more!
- Portuguese 101 learn to recite the Portuguese alphabet, get a crash course on Portuguese grammar, and start using some basic Portuguese expressions
- Get going hone your small-talk skills with Portuguese words and phrases you can use when asking about the weather, finding out what people like to do, and making plans
- Take it to the streets take your Portuguese on the road and discover how to plan a trip, make arrangements for a place to stay, discuss transportation, ask for directions, order a meal, and handle emergencies while you're away
- It's easy as um, dois, tr?s discover ten quick ways to pick up Portuguese quickly, ten common Portuguese slang expressions, and ten terms that can make you sound fluent
Audio CD Included
More than 30 real-life conversations between native Brazilians give you a chance to practice as you learn.
Please see the Appendix for complete details and system requirements.
Open the book and find:
- How to pronounce the Portuguese alphabet
- Portuguese grammar basics and essentials
- Tips on forming sentences in Portuguese
- The lowdown on Portuguese numbers, times, and measurements
- Portuguese phrases and words used in everyday situations
- Cultural conventions in Brazil
- Ten phrases that make you sound fluent in Portuguese
About the Author
Karen Keller spent three years as a reporter in Brazil and traveled extensively throughout the country. She's fluent in Portuguese and has worked as an online foreign language instructor.