Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > The Notebook (2004) forum

Portuguese Subtitle?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 1, 2010, 4:49:33 AM PDT
Piter says:
This Blu-Ray have Portuguese (Brazilian) subtitles?

Posted on Apr 23, 2015, 2:45:41 PM PDT
I don't know the answer to your question. We lived in São Paulo for three years; my wife controlled the sauva which was causing the famine which was the major reason for the 45-year life span at the time, circa 1970, and the kissing bug which was the carrier of Chagas' disease. I figure there must be, at a minimum, 25 million people alive in Brasil now who wouldn't have been had she not done her work. She was Officer-in-Charge of the UNDP in 1973, a GS-26 position. (The presidency of the USA is a GS-25 position.)

But Donald, why are you writing this here?

Ahh! Your question about subtitles brought back some interesting experiences. I remember going to American movies in São Paulo with Brazilian subtitles. I was laughing out loud at dialogue that didn't get translated in the subtitling, while the folks around me couldn't understand why I was laughing. Similarly, I went to Italian movies w/Brazilian subtitling when the audience around me was laughing and I couldn't see why. . . .
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Notebook (2004) forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Oct 1, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 23, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers