BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Wonderstruck $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 6, 2012
A close girlfriend of mine is getting her Masters in psychology. The course she's taking this semester is on positive psychology. She's been telling me a lot about it and told me about this book on positive discipline for teenagers, which is based on positive psychology. I'm actually planning on sitting down with my daughter and reading this. I've been reading it myself and it make so much sense. Hopefully, she will be open to reading it with me. I so desperately need it. I really appreciate the perspective that it teaches on discipline, because all I've ever known is the way that my parents disciplined me, and it certainly didn't help. I'm looking forward to trying these ideas out with her.
on January 19, 2014
I am a family therapist and recommended this book after I was trained in the Positive Discipline Mode of parenting. I have been in the profession for over 30 years and think this is by far the best book on parenting teenagers. It's easy to read and understand and is not filled with a lot of technical terms parents don't understand. If you want to change your relationship for the better with your teen, read this book.
on January 18, 2000
My daughter is just becoming a teenager, and I am glad I purchased this book at this time. It has helped me to identify my enabling behaviors that maintain her dependence on me. I am now working to empower my daughter to become more independent in her decision making. This book is presented in a very logical format and the suggestions are easily implemented. I have never used punishment as a motivator with my daughter and now feel vindicated in that choice. I encourage parents of teens to get this book for a refreshingly alternative approach to interacting with our teens - treating them like the individuals that they are. Good luck!
11 comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2016
Thanks so much!!
on August 8, 2015
Excellent for parents who think they understand teenagers but are in for a wake up and a true understanding..excellent for parents ready to pull there hair out/ bring understanding and helpful advice!
on August 20, 2016
Arrived with a different cover.
on December 22, 2015
AWESOME product and very satisfied
on June 6, 2013
Not many of the subjects allowed me to really get the issues that I have with my teen settled. Conflicts arise often. Teens are too exposed to adult situations too early.
on January 14, 2010
Let me start with this, I wish I had read this book earlier but still not late. This book has provided me a right path to deal with my teenagers and grow them in a positive discipline environment with respect. This book teaches you to build confidence, self respect and faith in your kids. For me, this book has been a great resource and provided me all guidance I was looking for to deal with my teenagers. I highly recommend this book to anyone with teenagers. I am so impressed with this book that I am thinking to order audio copy of positive discipline to listen in my car when I am driving.
on March 1, 2014
The title of this book speak for itself. Positive Discipline for Teenagers. Then you will enjoy this book to read.