Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on May 4, 2010
I have been extremely pleased with this book - thurs/friday/saturday - I have already read 1/2 way through it - it has great information - a lot of what is in here I have heard from other parents who have the same issues and from her therapist - and a lot of things I hadn't known about the disease - I can't wait to finisht the book - I hope other parents out there that are struggling with (Adolescent Bipolar) especially in the early stage (which is where I am) read this book - It is written on a level that any one can understand - it is on the common persons level - and it is easy reading - If you have a child who has recently been diagnosed with Bipolar (as I have, since the end of March 2010) I highly recommend this book - the Appendix is full of great contact information and where to seek more information - my advise is to get all the information you can and learn from it - This is heartbreaking when it is your own child - I can not recommend this book enough to those of you struggling out there looking, reaching for answers - It hasn't answered all of my questions (not sure anyone can) but it is a great comfort - and the copyright date is 2009 - so the information is fairly current - and the authors are very knowledgeable and compassionate to the reader - please if you are looking for help with Bipolar for your child (mine is 13) purchase this book - you'll be glad you did - I am!! And thank you to the authors of this book - It is greatly appreciated by me and my daughter - We have a long road ahead of us - all we as parents can do is educate ourselves and the ones around us as much as possible - and hope that one day they will find a cure so other children do not have to suffer - DH
on August 5, 2010
I found this book to be absolutely amazing. I kept finding myself with my mouth hanging open in shock at the fact that what was being written about in the book was EXACTLY what it is like to live in my house. Truly an amazing read. It is an absolute must read for families that deal with this issue. There is a huge feeling of "at least I am no longer alone in this".

I found the scientific information to be interesting and very useful. I have used this to help explain bipolar to my youngest son (10 years old). His older brother is the one with the disease, but it is the family who suffers from it.

After reading it I bought multiple copies to send to my mother and sisters so that they can understand what life is like for my oldest son.

This is a must read for anyone who has a child with this illness, and for teachers, relatives and friends who will be spending a lot of time with them.
on February 5, 2013
I bought this book for help with my child who I have a strong suspicion might be bipolar. It's got a ton of info about the disorder but there wasn't a whole lot on "positive parenting" which was more what I was looking for.
on November 20, 2015
If you have a child with bipolar this book is a great resource. It was recommended to me by my kids doctor and it gave me a lot of insight into the illness.
on February 6, 2014
I bought this book for a friend whose son has been diagnosed. The book is helping to guide her from the beginning of this difficult mental illness. This book brings in scientific treatment, and has more clinical options.
on October 5, 2013
for both the parent and the child of Bipolar. In fact I bought it for a friend whose daughter was recently diagnose and they were able to use its info immediately for the IEP meeting. Informs on all aspects: meds, lifestyle, food and more.
on November 27, 2012
I bought this book when my son had a bipolar descent. It was very helpful in many ways. Even for someone with medical experience, the medicine section was very informative
on January 16, 2015
very useful as parents of a bipolar child
on July 25, 2013
Good book - I have found this resource helpful in getting a better understanding of my child's moods and reasons behind them.
on April 8, 2010
Positive Parenting for Bipolar Kids is a welcome resource for long-term issues of living with a bipolar child.Positive is the key word here, and the book definitely gives positive understanding and suggestions.