Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 6, 2016
An intense film. The writer, director, producers (or all three) obviously pulled some ideas from "The Exorcist". Having said that, this film is far superior, in my opinion. This film used nuances and in-your-face effects to a great end. The acting and character development was great. This film was entertaining and I never felt the need to "fast forward" or take a break. Kept my interest and that is very RARE in today's cinema.
2 people found this helpful
on July 7, 2014
A movie said to be based on true story and i have little doubt on this fact. A girl asks father to buy her one antique box from a yard sale. And the story starts from this box. This box has a evil spirit and possessed the girl. This acted very well. There are not many character in the movie as the story does not require this. director is well experienced in making horror movie so has come out beautifully! Kept the suspense and makes the viewer occupied with the story till the end.
Please do not allow your young children to watch this movie.
I am glad with one fact that God's help is needed to cast out evil spirit ,this truth is exposed here! And this is truth!
on December 3, 2017
I wanted to see it when I saw that Jeffrey Dean Morgan starred in it. He was great and the movie was pretty spooky. Natasha Calis plays his youngest daughter who becomes possessed, and Kyra Sedgwick plays his ex-wife. They all did great jobs and it was definitely worth watching.
on April 6, 2016
Not your typical horror/possession movie. Very good acting and a really interesting story line. If you like horror movies with a story and not just a hack/slash film you should check this one out. You won't be disappointed.
2 people found this helpful
on April 11, 2015
Having been based on a true story, I think this movie was well done. The acting was great, as was the dialogue and the plot construction. It moves along at such a rate to give you all the information you need and keeps you interested and informed at the same time. All around, very well done, and is now in my library. If you are easily creeped out by things that are real, don't watch!
on February 28, 2015
The Possession is one of the rare supernatural films that one can watch over and over. The storyline flows well, bringing in all the right elements together; the acting is fluid and passionately portrayed. The supernatural moments are done well, not to show too much or too little, just enough to heighten the senses. The soundtrack is superb, bringing to life the dark twists and turns that sets this movie apart from the rest.
on January 24, 2013
No spoilers here!
I love horror movies and to find one that is actually worth watching is fairly rare. Most are filled with complete stupidity and bad acting. Still I try and do find a few gems. This is suppose to be based on an actual event which makes it more intriguing. We all know that gives a wide license to tell a story which must be taken with a huge grain of salt. I did look it up and they "say" there is a box, but whether you believe in the supernatural or not matters little if you like the genre and can lose yourself in the film for awhile. I did. I like the actors and thought they did a credible job pulling me into the story. I thought the young lady playing Emily did a very good job.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Some people act as if puking is a sign of Satan. Really? If that is the big deal for the devil then I guess millions of people are possessed after they have been out drinking too much, or eating bad seafood. Come on! Don't disrespect this unique and well made movie because the little girl didn't puke green pea soup or get busy with the Crucifix. That is SO 1973! This story was well written and the filmography was excellent. It had some intense scenes but nothing to make you turn away from the screen. I thought some of the graphics pertaining to the demon were quite disturbing without being plain disgusting. I gave it the full five stars because it -on its own merit- was an excellent movie. Yes, I agree that if we compare it to some of the more grisly offerings from 1973 forward it is not as SHOCKING --but not every movie is written for SHOCK VALUE. This was first and foremost a love story. I will leave it at that because I do not want to drop any spoilers. Listen, if you are looking for a lot of puke and demons speaking through kids to tell the parent that she wears army boots, this probably is not your best choice. If you want repulsive blood and guts, rent or purchase Descent and Descent II. Those are freaky, disgusting but very good movies. This one, I contend is very good, and quite freaky --just not disgusting. I would be willing to bet that you will not look down your throat in the mirror the same ever again. And every time you cough, you will think of this movie. Oh yeah. It's subtle, but effective.
5 people found this helpful
on August 11, 2015
I had to sleep with the tv on a comedy channel. I didn't expect this spook movie would leave me wishing I hadn't watched it alone. Watch this with someone who wouldn't mind having his skin clawed into with every intensely frightful scene.
on June 8, 2015
Good acting,
Good story, you care about the cast, and story.
Unexpected, overall good film.
Scare meter 3/3

Does this box, power the girl into deep dark problems.
Will they save the family?
Will the girl live?