Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ed Sheeran Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 3, 2017
I wanted to see it when I saw that Jeffrey Dean Morgan starred in it. He was great and the movie was pretty spooky. Natasha Calis plays his youngest daughter who becomes possessed, and Kyra Sedgwick plays his ex-wife. They all did great jobs and it was definitely worth watching.
on September 12, 2014
Quick story recap: The wine cabinet from hell terrorizes people who have it in their possession. A family buys it a garage sale and the results are disastrous for their child who really explores the cabinet.

I think this movie is an attempt at being "The Exorcist" for a modern audience. It says based on a true story but the only "true" part is the wine cabinet which is a debatable "truth" as well. The movie is entertaining though. It is well casting and acting is very good. I though the pace of the movie seemed appropriate. It has some freaky moments. It also has some moments that leave you with a feeling of "Oh come on now, that's ridiculous": Not a movie of the year, nor will it be one you must see or must own a copy of. But, hey if horror is your genre or it's Halloween night, it's a decent way to kill time.
on April 6, 2016
Not your typical horror/possession movie. Very good acting and a really interesting story line. If you like horror movies with a story and not just a hack/slash film you should check this one out. You won't be disappointed.
They built up the tension not just through the spooky stuff going on, but because of the situation between the parents. Sometimes you weren't sure what was real and what wasn't because there was some emotional family drama going on, too. Good special effects and a few interesting jump scenes.

Supernatural fans will think it's funny that John Winchester can't sort out a demon on his own.
on April 16, 2017
Love it
on December 11, 2017
Big horror fan. That being said the only good thing about this movie is getting to look at sexy Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
Dumb plot. Not scary. Not thrilling. Just weak in general.
on January 24, 2013
No spoilers here!
I love horror movies and to find one that is actually worth watching is fairly rare. Most are filled with complete stupidity and bad acting. Still I try and do find a few gems. This is suppose to be based on an actual event which makes it more intriguing. We all know that gives a wide license to tell a story which must be taken with a huge grain of salt. I did look it up and they "say" there is a box, but whether you believe in the supernatural or not matters little if you like the genre and can lose yourself in the film for awhile. I did. I like the actors and thought they did a credible job pulling me into the story. I thought the young lady playing Emily did a very good job.
VINE VOICEon February 6, 2013
The Possession is a film that's so formulaic that after 20 minutes you can predict not only what happens but who is going to die and in what order. The one good thing is that the child actors run rings around the adults in the film - other than that, you can literally set your watch to the events as they unfold in the film.

The plot has something to do with a kid buying a box at a garage sale that comes with a hidden demon. Possession follows. There's the compulsory Internet Research Scene (IRS) to explain everything to the audience. There are rabbis who then fill in the gaps if you missed any part of the exposition. SPOILER ALERT: And then like every possession film ever made, it ends with a Very Religious Character (VRC) screaming at the demon to leave the possessed and for some reason the demon does. If anyone can write a possession film that doesn't rely on an IRS or VRC, I will personally buy you a beer.
on March 23, 2014
Well, I am not one for the blood and guts type of sci-fi thrillers out there, so I usually as odd as it sounds, only buy the "true" supernatural stories, and 99% of them I can deal with...but THIS one??? after I saw it right after the first time I donated it to the local library... I could NOT have it around me, or in my apt... very evil story... too true... GREAT thriller and on a lower key at first if you're used to blood and slasher movies...but like I said, too reminiscent of real events, couldn't keep it around... Delivery of item was fast, thanx!
on May 28, 2016
Used-very good? More like someone opened it, watched it once, didn't like it and sold it. I got lucky and grateful I didn't get screwed! Extremely satisfied customer!!