Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 12, 2014
Quick story recap: The wine cabinet from hell terrorizes people who have it in their possession. A family buys it a garage sale and the results are disastrous for their child who really explores the cabinet.

I think this movie is an attempt at being "The Exorcist" for a modern audience. It says based on a true story but the only "true" part is the wine cabinet which is a debatable "truth" as well. The movie is entertaining though. It is well casting and acting is very good. I though the pace of the movie seemed appropriate. It has some freaky moments. It also has some moments that leave you with a feeling of "Oh come on now, that's ridiculous": Not a movie of the year, nor will it be one you must see or must own a copy of. But, hey if horror is your genre or it's Halloween night, it's a decent way to kill time.
on April 6, 2016
Not your typical horror/possession movie. Very good acting and a really interesting story line. If you like horror movies with a story and not just a hack/slash film you should check this one out. You won't be disappointed.
They built up the tension not just through the spooky stuff going on, but because of the situation between the parents. Sometimes you weren't sure what was real and what wasn't because there was some emotional family drama going on, too. Good special effects and a few interesting jump scenes.

Supernatural fans will think it's funny that John Winchester can't sort out a demon on his own.
on February 6, 2013
Some people act as if puking is a sign of Satan. Really? If that is the big deal for the devil then I guess millions of people are possessed after they have been out drinking too much, or eating bad seafood. Come on! Don't disrespect this unique and well made movie because the little girl didn't puke green pea soup or get busy with the Crucifix. That is SO 1973! This story was well written and the filmography was excellent. It had some intense scenes but nothing to make you turn away from the screen. I thought some of the graphics pertaining to the demon were quite disturbing without being plain disgusting. I gave it the full five stars because it -on its own merit- was an excellent movie. Yes, I agree that if we compare it to some of the more grisly offerings from 1973 forward it is not as SHOCKING --but not every movie is written for SHOCK VALUE. This was first and foremost a love story. I will leave it at that because I do not want to drop any spoilers. Listen, if you are looking for a lot of puke and demons speaking through kids to tell the parent that she wears army boots, this probably is not your best choice. If you want repulsive blood and guts, rent or purchase Descent and Descent II. Those are freaky, disgusting but very good movies. This one, I contend is very good, and quite freaky --just not disgusting. I would be willing to bet that you will not look down your throat in the mirror the same ever again. And every time you cough, you will think of this movie. Oh yeah. It's subtle, but effective.
on January 6, 2016
An intense film. The writer, director, producers (or all three) obviously pulled some ideas from "The Exorcist". Having said that, this film is far superior, in my opinion. This film used nuances and in-your-face effects to a great end. The acting and character development was great. This film was entertaining and I never felt the need to "fast forward" or take a break. Kept my interest and that is very RARE in today's cinema.
on April 16, 2017
Love it
on January 24, 2013
No spoilers here!
I love horror movies and to find one that is actually worth watching is fairly rare. Most are filled with complete stupidity and bad acting. Still I try and do find a few gems. This is suppose to be based on an actual event which makes it more intriguing. We all know that gives a wide license to tell a story which must be taken with a huge grain of salt. I did look it up and they "say" there is a box, but whether you believe in the supernatural or not matters little if you like the genre and can lose yourself in the film for awhile. I did. I like the actors and thought they did a credible job pulling me into the story. I thought the young lady playing Emily did a very good job.
VINE VOICEon February 6, 2013
The Possession is a film that's so formulaic that after 20 minutes you can predict not only what happens but who is going to die and in what order. The one good thing is that the child actors run rings around the adults in the film - other than that, you can literally set your watch to the events as they unfold in the film.

The plot has something to do with a kid buying a box at a garage sale that comes with a hidden demon. Possession follows. There's the compulsory Internet Research Scene (IRS) to explain everything to the audience. There are rabbis who then fill in the gaps if you missed any part of the exposition. SPOILER ALERT: And then like every possession film ever made, it ends with a Very Religious Character (VRC) screaming at the demon to leave the possessed and for some reason the demon does. If anyone can write a possession film that doesn't rely on an IRS or VRC, I will personally buy you a beer.
on March 23, 2014
Well, I am not one for the blood and guts type of sci-fi thrillers out there, so I usually as odd as it sounds, only buy the "true" supernatural stories, and 99% of them I can deal with...but THIS one??? after I saw it right after the first time I donated it to the local library... I could NOT have it around me, or in my apt... very evil story... too true... GREAT thriller and on a lower key at first if you're used to blood and slasher movies...but like I said, too reminiscent of real events, couldn't keep it around... Delivery of item was fast, thanx!
on May 28, 2016
Used-very good? More like someone opened it, watched it once, didn't like it and sold it. I got lucky and grateful I didn't get screwed! Extremely satisfied customer!!