- Series: Chandler & Sharp series in cross-cultural themes
- Paperback: 78 pages
- Publisher: Chandler & Sharp Publishers; F First Paperback Edition Used edition (1976)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0883165244
- ISBN-13: 978-0883165249
- Package Dimensions: 8.6 x 5.9 x 0.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,020,969 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #40845 in Sociology (Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Possession (Chandler & Sharp series in cross-cultural themes) Paperback – 1976
This book includes statistical information on possession belief and possession trance gathered from a large world-wide sample of societies. It includes a fairly lengthy analysis of Haitian voudu. The book specifically discusses possession as a type of belief and contrasts such beliefs with possession trance as a type of behavior. These two sorts of possession are shown to be associated with different types of societies, societies having only the possession belief being generally those of lesser complexity. (from the back cover)