- File Size: 1211 KB
- Print Length: 321 pages
- Publisher: Full Fathom Five Digital (October 14, 2015)
- Publication Date: October 14, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B013XH2CV6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #165 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $14.99 (100%)
Possession (The Dark Rituals) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I’m not too big of a fan of things being set in an insane asylum, just a personal choice as I’m sure others would love it. But I didn’t enjoy this as much as the first book in the series simply because of the setting. I felt that it seemed to be predictable to have the sadistic staff in the asylum so those parts tended to slow down for me. And everyone Colina interacts with I want to yell run, they had to have a reason to be in there!
Also, there were so many questions left at the end of Awakening but I felt that it was put on hold to deal with the killer in the asylum. The magic aspect could of used a bit more expanding on too but it was nice to bring a little bit more of a look into that world with some of the patients.
On the plus side I’m more looking forward to continuing now with the series than ever to hopefully answer so questions left from the first book and now with the cliffhanger ending of the second.
I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Catrina Burgess mercilessly throw us (Colina) in the middle of insane asylum.
There are just few troubles there: patients, orderlies, doctors, sedatives, ghosts, serial killer... yes... serial killer in insane asylum and its after Colina while all she wants is to be with her loved one, Luke.
This book is maelstrom of emotions and darkness.
Take this roller coaster ride with Colina through darkness and madness towards hope, but don't be fooled.... not everything is as it seems.
You can't stop reading... Catrina you owe me for sleepless night :)
Colina thought she had lost everything when her family was brutally murdered. Then she fell in love and things became infinitely worse. After surviving three dark rituals, Colina paid a steep price…the death of her boyfriend Luke. Not willing to give him up so easily, she refused to let his spirit rest and finds another body for him to possess. Unfortunately, the body was already in use…Dean—a witch who failed to pass the dark rituals and left permanently hospitalized. To get close to him, Colina committed herself to the insane asylum. While she tried to rescue Luke, Colina found herself falling for Dean. And she will need both Luke and Dean if she had any hope of escaping a serial killer who has been using the asylum as his own personal playground.
The story began a bit shaky for me, but I must confess, I was sucked in all the same. I enjoyed the unique writing, and loved the twists and turns. I had no idea where the book was heading. I enjoyed learning of Colina’s power with her. I even enjoyed the secondary characters, both the good guys and the villains. While the story was deliciously dark, the last few pages of the book just ruined it for me. All the progress the heroine made during the whole book just vanished. I felt betrayed and very frustrated, and took off a whole star because of it. The ending felt orchestrated by the author to get readers to pick up the next book. Unfortunately, no matter how much I enjoyed the writing and how curious I am how the series would end, I will not be finishing this series at this time. Maybe later, after I had a time to forget my frustration.
I received a copy of the book from NetGally in exchange for an honest review.
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Coming of Age
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Fantasy & Supernatural
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Thrillers & Suspense
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Fantasy & Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Romantic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Thrillers & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban