|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Save $5.00 (63%)
Post-Human (Book 2) (Post-Human Series) Kindle Edition
|Length: 182 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $2.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Book 2 of 5 in Post-Human Series (5 Book Series)
"The Dark Side" by Anthony O'Neill
Visual, visceral, and tons of fun, The Dark Side fuses hard science with brutal crime and lunar adventure. Learn more
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
As I type this review, the Kindle price is just 99 cents - you're going to get a lot more than that in value. If you like science fiction, I would highly recommend this one!
And it's seemingly a world of ceaseless wonder, peace and plenty, where nanobots are injected into the body to maintain youthful effectiveness (making people virtually ageless), allowing humans to fly via implants in their spines and to transport themselves seemingly effortlessly across great distances, even on inter-planetary trips.
But something goes awry. The giant super-computer that controls all of this, begins to see humans as insignificant insects that are more hindrance than help...and it immediately decides what must be done - it takes out "the grid" that sustains all modern life.
James Keats and four fellow researchers are spared only because they were temporarily separated from the grid...along with "the purists" a group of humans who continued to live naturally off the grid, without benefit of the AI and its nanotechnology. The rest of the story is a wildly imaginative struggle of man against machine that ultimately brings the post-humans and the purists to a better understanding and even a begrudging respect for one another....I'm not a major sci-fi reader (I think the last Sci-fi book I read was Herbert's "The White Plague") but these two books are excellent.
What this book was... was entertaining. It was a fast paced science fiction novel with characters that run the gambit of human flaws and strengths. Without spoiling it, the few main characters can be cowardly or brave, intelligent or stupid. You feel for the people and fear for their nearly impossible situation they find themselves in.
Some of the science behind it is not explained and it seems as if this novel is part super hero novel, part Matrix. But it is all fun. If you are looking to be entertained and lose yourself in a future we will probably only dream of, read this. It's fun. Easy to read straight through. Suspend disbelief and just enjoy it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
World and everyone in it (except characters tied to the story and even some of them) were super thin. This made story feel very artificial and pointless. Read morePublished 5 days ago by weicca
Solid book. I thought I was reading a Matrix knock off. Similar story line in obvious ways. Guess sci fi like this will become science fact in years to come.Published 1 month ago by Lloyd Parker
I love this series. It is very well thought out and was very enjoyable to read. I hope there is moer to it. I also look forward to teading more from David Simpson.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I have read both book 1 & 2 and am looking forward to book 3. Very good reason.Published 2 months ago by schnauzerman
Loved it. Simpson's books read like a movie, which is exactly what I was looking for. Fast-paced, exciting.Published 3 months ago by Thor F. Bremer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Technothrillers
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Exploration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Technothrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Exploration