Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
asked by Eric Strate Photography on October 30, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
I can't pre-order...
Too little faith in canon cameras when they are released. I will probably get it down the road (feb-march) if their aren't any issues.

Would upgrade from mkII.

Would be nice if canon could release the 1d and 1ds as one camera, and just allow us to switch between high fps and high MP.
But alas, I'll refrain.
PencilInWin answered on November 4, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I pre-ordered. I agree with PencilInWin - the early bug rate in newly released Canon cameras has been very high. The 1DM3 had the focus issues, my 5DM2 had the notorious "error 20" issues necessitating 3 (yes, that's three) trips to the Canon repair facility for shutter assembly replacements. However, I got an early 1DsM3 and I am thrilled with it. I am going to sell my 5dM2 and switch the workflow I used to do with it to the 1DM4. Hope Canon got this one right from the get-go.
Frank Edema answered on November 16, 2009

A
I received my preorder confirmation at 9:19AM CDT on October 20th. Amazon has been taking preorders for almost three months, and now they've stopped. Yet, I still have no camera, and to think, I was hoping to have it for Christmas.
David L. Manning answered on January 19, 2010

A
I notice that Amazon has two vendors selling the Mark IV for $6600. I am a big Amazon Fan however I believe they do themselves a disservice by listing Scalpers (neither of which I've ever heard of) selling the product at $1600. above suggested retail. Three months from now they'll be selling for $200.00 below suggested retail. In any event I am patiently waiting for my number to come up. Sure would like to hear from others on the "Wait" list and those with recent arrivals.
George B. Search answered on January 20, 2010

A
I'm also on the wait list. They got my hopes up, giving me a Jan. 19 delivery date, then changed it to "we don't know when it will ship."

I might try the local camera shops. I don't mind paying sales tax, but I'm not going to pay an extra $1,600.
randym answered on January 21, 2010

A
E. Krider answered on January 21, 2010

A
If you ordered after 9:19AM CDT on October 20th, you just moved up. I canceled my order after finding one elsewhere. Good luck to you all.
David L. Manning answered on January 25, 2010

A
B&H has had them in stock for more than two hours! The shipment must have been huge.
David L. Manning answered on January 26, 2010

A
Put my order in on December 14, 2009, still nothing yet,
William Fox answered on February 9, 2010

A
I cancelled my pending Amazon order from October 20, 2009. B&H has them in stock so I placed my order with overnight shipping. Scheduled to arrive Friday, February 26, 2010.
George B. Search answered on February 25, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product