Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Poster Art of the Disney Parks (A Disney Parks Souvenir Book) Hardcover – September 11, 2012
From timeless classics to new favorites, find children's books for every age and stage. See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
VANESSA HUNT is a Walt Disney Imagineer and a lifelong Disney aficionado. Her education is in art history, and she is part of the group responsible for the more than 130,000 pieces of original artwork preserved in the Walt Disney Imagineering Art Library. She has been curator of several Imagineering exhibits featuring many of the works from the Art Library collection, and she has consulted for The Walt Disney Family Museum. Vanessa is also the coauthor of the wildly popular Maps of the Disney Parks: Charting 60 Years from California to Shanghai from Disney Editions. She is currently designing a new book featuring the art of Disney Legend Marc Davis.
Top customer reviews
- There are no artist bios at all! Not ONE single page devoted to Bjorn Aaronson or Sam McKim? Heck, there isn't even a picture of an artist in the whole book. Why? This is a shocking omission I hope the authors remedy for future editions, because without insight into the creators, you gain no real understanding of the artistic process.
- It needs more concept art and fewer modern posters. Again, the concept art gives you a window into the process and teases the reader with "what could have been." I know the Disney vaults contain thousands of these preliminary sketches, so why not include at least one example with every iconic poster? I would much see see more examples of this than some of the poorly drawn Toyko DisneySea posters (what were they thinking with the Mermaid Lagoon Theater poster?).
In all, a good book to help you retain that Disney feeling, but one which falls short of its true potential.
- Beautifully illustrated;
- Large format book;
- High gloss paper;
- The images of attraction posters are clear and bright;
"After the introduction by Tony Baxter, there are 9 chapters: Here You Leave Today…, Main Street, U.S.A., Adventureland, New Orleans Square and Liberty Square, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Tokyo DisneySea, and Disney California Adventure. The book ends with some acknowledgements and an Index by Artist."
** FUN FACTS **
- Disneyland used silk-screening to render each poster, but Walt Disney World favored a 4-color lithography process;
- An average poster could have 60 colors, take a month to complete, and cost over $30,000 just in the labor alone;
- The poster program ended in the 1990’s but started up again in 2001 for the Tokyo DisneySea Park, thanks to the digital age.
The book is quite large in size so you're able to enjoy the posters without pressing the book up to your nose. There is a nice introduction, a section on how the posters are printed, and short introductions for each section.
I'd like to mention one word of caution, however. Amazon seems to have a problem shipping this book undamaged. Initially I couldn't even order the book from Amazon since it said that they were examining their shipping method since people were complaining. When that advisory was lifted I ordered the book from Amazon expecting them to have gotten the shipping problem resolved, however the first copy I received was poorly boxed and as a result the book was damaged. I called to get an exchange, and as usual Amazon was excellent about it, and the replacement book was perfectly packaged and arrived in pristine condition.
All in all... exceptional and beautiful.
Most recent customer reviews
Cover is torn & crumpled!!! This was Supposed to be a Mother's Day gift :(
Nothing as upsetting & unacceptable than giving a trashed looking gift :(