Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Postnatal Rescue
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$7.99

on February 17, 2008
This is my 6th pregnancy that I am recovering from and this video has been a great help. Erin OBrien gives simple explanations for each movement/exercise used. She explains the "whys" about what a postpartum body is going through and shows sincere concern about her postpartum audience. There are 3 15 minute exercise progressions- completely doable and enjoyable, plus she gives a couple of simple straightfoward tips in each section re: diet and cardio. She also includes stretches you can do beginning the day you return home (which feel so good when you feel so wrecked from pregnancy.) This would make a great gift to a expecting or new mom!
on June 25, 2008
I forgot I had bought this DVD and started using it about 6 weeks after having had a c-section, and by that time I was pretty much able to skip right to the second workout of the three. (There was also some bonus stretching material for very soon post-partum, which I would have liked to have tried sooner.) While the three workouts seem a bit repetitive in parts, they go by quickly, and soon after you begin you feel as if you're done. I liked the idea of easing back into exercise and not attempting sit-ups or crunches right away, and this workout gave me the confidence to do that and not worry about injuring myself. The instructor has a little bit of a "I know it's hard but it's necessary" tone which can be annoying at times, but overall she's got a nice, motivational approach. The (very short) cameo at the end by her husband James Denton (from Desperate Housewives) is cute, as you see her interact a bit with her own family. I used this DVD for about 6 weeks, at which time i got back to my regular crunches and such.
on February 18, 2013
I thought I was going to need something very soft to begin my post pregnancy workouts since Ia had a csection but it turned out that I didnt really. At my 6 wk doc clearance, I did the first 2 groups of excercises once and then went up to the 3rd group. By the 4th day I was a little bored. Before my pregnancy i was an active person and enjoyed yoga, pilates, weights and dancing so this was slow for me. But if you wanna start slow, dont normally workout or had a difficult delivery then this might work best for you.
on August 10, 2013
i'm so glad i found this DVD! i initially was just going to buy tracy anderson's post-pregnancy dvd, but i'm so happy i read about this one first. it's the perfect early postnatal DVD. i started doing progression one before i had my six week doctor's appointment, but it was very gentle, and a nice way to feel like i was doing *something* about my mushy abs without being very strenuous. it's pilates-inspired. i also have had residual physical problems after my delivery that necessitated going to a chiropractor, and this DVD didn't feel like it would push the envelope so much that i would injure myself or set back my recovery.
i definitely feel much stronger after doing this.
other things to note..
-the 15 minute time length is, IMO, *perfect* for when you have a young infant. there's actually a chance you can get it in every day! 45 minute long DVDs, not so much..those take me almost all day to do.
-i love that Erin does the routine just on the carpet in her living room. it makes it feel very manageable and approachable.
-follow the progressions and don't be tempted to skip ahead. i tried progression 3 because i was getting bored, but i'm honestly not ready for it yet. it requires significant core strength, IMO.
-Erin's lecture at the beginning of progression 2 on healthy eating is pointless and annoying. you're not going to get skinny on 15 minutes a day here.. the point of his DVD to me is to turn my mushy core strong enough that i can carry my son without pain.
-there's no arm work here, unless you count push-ups. the majority is abs and legs.

my recommendation is to master progression 3 before you move on to tracy anderson. only at that point will your core be strong enough to do her DVD.
on September 19, 2010
Giving birth to my 1st child was a very painful experience. I had a lot of tearing and couldn't sit comfortably for several months. I liked this video for a few reasons: instructor seems very sincere and compassionate, the segments are short, the segments contain similar exercises that become harder as you become stronger, but what i liked most was that THERE WERE NO EXERCISES WHERE I HAD TO SIT ON MY BOTTOM!!!! Sitting "indian-style" or on my sit-bones, etc. just was not possible for me after this labor so I was thankful that I could do every exercise in this video. I was sadly disappointed to find some of the other well-rated videos had so many exercises that I couldn't do.

So, this video may not be challenging enough for the mother with an easy delivery and a boot camp attitude, but for those who have had a difficult labor or who want to GENTLY ease back into exercising, this is a WONDERFUL video!
on September 29, 2013
I did this DVD four weeks after having my second child and it is just what I needed to get eased back into exercise. The progressions are the right length for a mom with a newborn. There are a few minutes of discussion and then around 15 mintues of workout. I did each progression for a week or two before going to the next one. I think Erin's disposition is warm but challenging and not too annoying. I actually found out that I really like pilates based exercise because of this DVD. I will recommend this to all of my friends that are new moms. You just can't go wrong with it.
on January 23, 2014
I've only just started this video (am on progression 1). The exercises seemed fairly easy, so at first was disappointed until the second day, then I could feel some soreness in the pelvic area which I assume is from the exercises. I agree with some of the previous comments that this isn't a strenuous workout. But it works for me because but I was placed on bed-rest for the last trimester of my pregnancy and had a difficult post-delivery issue that left me feeling like I'd been punched hard in that area. The instructor (Erin) has a nice soother voice and encouraging tone which I need during this time.
on August 27, 2013
I wish I could return this video. I assumed that since this was geared to postnatal women that it would be sensitive to the issue of abdominal diastasis (which most women have post pregnancy to some degree). Nope. The second "progression" has you doing Pilates 100's which are one of the WORST things to do and can cause more damage. The workouts are very simplistic and I could find better for free on tv. Some of the stretches feel good but other than that this is a total waste. SKIP!!!
44 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2013
I gave birth to my second child last week, in a relatively short and uncomplicated vaginal birth. I exercised regularly throughout my pregnancy and was very active before pregnancy as well. I found the first progression to be a good warm up, and the second progression to be the right challenge level for me at 1 week post partum. The third progression may take me a week or two to build up to. Even though the video says not to begin before 6 weeks post partum, I think you can start earlier if you have been exercising regularly. I plan to use this exercise series to get my muscle tone back over the first few months and then move on to more challenging workouts.
on August 21, 2015
Erin keeps it simple and C-section, diastis recti friendly. She even says "No Sit-ups, your body is not ready for that yet." Highly recommend. And you can ease back into your normal fitness routine once you've mastered her techniques.