Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Potato Express 1000188 Microwave Potato Cooker
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Size: Small|Change
Price:$4.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on November 23, 2013
Make sure your raw potatoes are room temp. Wash them and put in bag. Simply microwave and it works like a charm. Good stuff! Our first attempt was wrong since we had potatoes in fridge the middle did not cook. So simply make sure they are room temp and it works just perfect! Very happy with this product!
11 comment| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2013
I took two full size potatoes, washed them and put them right in the bag (no drying necessary) and then right in the microwave. Entered 4 minutes and pushed start...went to do some other things and when I came back the potatoes were perfectly cooked...what I like most is the simplicity coupled with the the great results. "Just set it and forget it!";-))). Great quality durable product looks like it will hold up nicely over time.
55 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2014
Surprisingly It Works, but there are Sketchy Instructions & Exaggerated Advertising Claim.

First, it does work. It makes nice moist potatoes. They are cooked in this bag, in a microwave, much faster than any other home method.

Instructions for the bag
The instructions state to wash the bag before first use. The instructions did not state if you could put in the clothes drier. I could feel insulation between the two layers, so to be on the safe side I let it air dry.

Instructions for the potato
Wash the potatoes, do NOT PIERCE.

Cooking Instructions
You put the bag in the microwave flap side down.
When you cook (they state NOT at the highest setting) your potatoes, it is 4 minutes for the first, then add one minute per potato. So you can put UP TO FOUR POTATOES and seven minutes. Then add 1 minute at a time until done.

Bag size
How you can find four potatoes to simultaneously fit this little insulated bag of nine and-a-half inches by 8 inches is beyond me.

Sketchy instructions:
They do not tell you the power settings. They implicitly state, do NOT cook on the highest setting. The correct setting is not in the enclosed booklet nor on their internet site; I know, I spent an hour looking for how to calculate the power setting based on oven wattage, I did not find any such chart.
They also do not tell you how to tell the potato is done without cutting it open.

Exaggerated advertising claim:
No way can you get four average potatoes in this bag, maybe the fingerling potatoes or the smallish red potatoes.
on December 20, 2013
The picture on the box shows the Potato Express placed flap side up in the microwave. However, the directions on page 2 of the paper Instruction Guide say to place the Potato Express FLAP SIDE DOWN in the microwave. Makes sense that would work better. So follow the directions, not the picture.
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2015
I loved this product when I bought it a few weeks ago.
HOWEVER.... This afternoon I followed all the directions (as usual) and placed one potato in the express bag in the microwave for 3 minutes. Not two minutes later, I smelled something burning, opened the microwave and saw the bag completely melted in the corner! Serious fire hazard!! (And very upsetting since I was so happy when I first bought it.) The bag was clean as per directions prior to use. No reason whatsoever for this to have happened. When searching for the company's phone number, I discovered that the website is "404 NOT FOUND"
review image review image
on December 15, 2013
Great way to cook potatoes--tastes like it came out of the oven. Add 2 more minutes for a larger potato.
on November 14, 2013
I haven't had time to try all the other things this product claims to cook well but the potatoes came out perfect so I highly recommend the product to anyone that likes baking potatoes in the microwave.
on December 11, 2013
Have just started using this product. Have cooked russet and sweet potatoes. It has taken longer than 4 minutes but we have an old low wattage microwave. Cooks the potatoes perfectly and enjoy using it.
on November 26, 2013
Works great! All I did was place my potatoes in the potato express and popped them in the microwave and hit 4 minutes!
They tasted great and were cooked perfectly!
on December 30, 2013
This product is the worst. It does nothing the way that it was advertised. I put 3 potatoes in and they all came out
"Rock hard" what a complete lie this was, talk about false advertising "hated it"