Poulan Pro PR550N22SH 22-Inch Briggs & Stratton 550 Series Gas-Powered Side Discharge/Mulch Lawn Mower with High Rear Wheels
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5.50 Torque Series Briggs & Stratton
- 22-Inch Deck
- Mulch and Side Discharge capable
- 7-Inch front wheels and 12-Inch rear wheels
- CARB compliant
Customers Also Shopped For
|Manufacturer Part Number||961120083|
|Package Height||17.12 x 24.75 x 37.6 inches|
|Shipping Weight||69 pounds|
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Found out how to make it work. In the Spring, dump all the old gasoline out. Pour in brand new gasoline and wait 24 hours. Then it will start like a charm. Never had a lawn mower like this before. My neighbor blames the gasoline. I am not so sure. Did not try Stabil in Fall, but that would be an interesting experiment.
10 May 2016 It's been 4 years now and the mower still works as well as it did the day I purchased it. As with any product, the key to longevity is regular maintenance. Changed the oil and filter and it's been doing great ! I still recommend it and stick to my 5 star rating.
I use this mower to mower around the horse barn, slopes that are too steep for a lawn tractor or have obstacles too close to get the tractor into. It accomplishes this OK, but I have had issues with the mower ...
1. The air filter clogged up and I have not been able to locate a replacement locally or on-line. Luckily, banging it on the concrete barn floor dislodged enough dirt that it is happy again. (When the mower starts surging or the RPM starts oscillating, check the air filter.)
2. There is no throttle level to control the speed. The mower runs at full rpm EXCEPT if the throttle return spring has broken. (As it did in my case when it caught on some brush I was trying to mower under.). If the throttle control spring comes off or breaks, the mower will either stop running or will run at really weak rpms and not be good for anything. Again, I could not locate the specific part, but picked up a replacement spring from ACE hardware. On my version of this mower, you need to remove the air filter housing to reach the throttle controller. It will be attached to an L shaped white plastic part next to the engine housing.
My mower does start on the first pull (after priming) and it does run okay aside from fixing the above issues when they happen. Compared to the Sears mower that I had to 20 years, this mower is very cheaply made and I seriously doubt it will last as long as the Sears one.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you like clumps of grass and having to rake your yard this is the lawnmower for you.Published on July 23, 2014 by jack mccrory
Like so many others who have reviewed this mower, I have to say this was a waste of money. I got one season of mowing out of it and now the engine has died. Read morePublished on June 1, 2013 by polarkev
Four weeks after purchasing this lawn mower my wife took it in because it would not start. It started at the shop so they gave it back to her and said no trouble found. Read morePublished on November 26, 2012 by P. Smith
The shipping box is sturdy, and the mower is meticulously packed. Therefore, the mower arrived intact, which is a rare event for large items that are shipped. Read morePublished on October 28, 2012 by Average Customer
What a hunk of junk. The mulch door broke off, got under the deck, and got sliced up by the blades on the first day of use. Read morePublished on August 20, 2012 by sportsman
This Broke on first time. Blade broke off! could not return and got liitle to no assistance with fixing ! this is a poor Quality item that you can not return or repair ! Read morePublished on August 4, 2012 by aprincess2