|Item Weight||43.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||19 x 23 x 40 inches|
|Item model number||F4501|
Poundex 5-Tier Glass Top Media Shelf, Chocolate
|Price:||$142.51 + $27.49 shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Handsome 5-tier media shelf unit from Poundex; with space for up to 5 AV components
- Crafted with solid wood frame and bottom shelf finished in chocolate; cable management slots provided
- With 8mm clear tempered glass top; 3 middle shelves in 5mm clear tempered glass
- Easy home assembly with hardware and accessories included; available also in silver finish
- Assembled, measures 23 inches wide by 19 inches deep by 40 inches high
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Poundex 5-Tier Glass Top Media Shelf, Chocolate
Altra Carson Audio Stand, Espresso B00AEUKAAG
|Shipping||$27.49||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||High Performance Parts||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Dimensions||40 inches x 19 inches x 23 inches||35 inches x 20 inches x 26 inches||36 inches x 18.5 inches x 21.25 inches||55.81 inches x 17.25 inches x 13.56 inches|
|Item Weight||43.2 pounds||Information not provided||Information not provided||35.42 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:43 Mins|
Furniture items at this price point tend to be cheaply made with extensive use of particle board, fiber board, vinyl woodgrain, etc. Not this item. The wood components are mostly solid wood. The bottom shelf may have a particle board core but it has a veneer of real wood. The metal parts are nicely coated. Put simply, the unit is very well made.
I had some concern about shipping an item with a lot of glass (i.e. the shelves) particularly since I am assigned overseas (the military postal system is rough on packages) but the parts were we well packaged and everything was received intact.
Assembly was straightforward. The instructions were quite adequate but I need to caution you have to pay careful attention to the diagrams. There are several pieces that can easily be placed 180 degrees out of position if you are not careful. Trust me on that; there were a couple steps I had to go back and redo. However, the end result was worth the effort.
The open design allows for good ventilation of electronics that run hot (especially amplifiers). I also like the cable management afforded by the back panel. The depth was adequate for my Pioneer AV receiver, but just barely. If you have a large amplifier/receiver, I recommend you verify dimensions (including room for cables in the back).
All in all, it's a high quality, attractive piece of furniture that will accommodate most electronic components and it comes at a great price.
However, there are a few things that you should note:
1. Both came in half-torn boxes. One had 2 minor dings on the left pillar and a small (really small) gash on the bottom board:( The gash is not visible once I put stuff on it. The dings are not visible unless you look really close. Both are minor issues and are not significant enough to send the product back. Frankly, I just don't have the time to repackage everthing and send it back. A few weeks later I ordered the second one, which came in an even poorer packaging but the components were intact. No issues with the second one, but I think thats by sheer luck. So my suggestion, please inspect everything carefully.
2. The glass I thought would be black or deep brown. Turned out, its just plain white. But hey, this thing costs way less.
3. Not much room at the back for banana plugs, if you have a big amp i.e.....like the Yamaha R-S700.Read more ›
Thus, I began my search, and came to the realization that AV racks are way too damn expensive!!!! People really pay upwards of three hundred dollars for these things? Man, that's insane. I knew I wasn't going to pay that price (I have bigger pieces of furniture that I paid that price for), and so it actually took me months to settle on the right AV rack.
The criteria for my new AV rack was A) needs to be open on the sides and back (components need to breathe), B)preferably with glass shelves (adds to the open feel), C)wire management in the back, D)wide enough space between shelves, E) at least 5 shelves, F)needs to match décor, G)not expensive in price.
I have to say that I'm amazed that this Poundex, a no-name brand, fit all those criteria.
My package arrived in a box that was three times the actual size of the box that carried the item. A box within a box, with HUGE amounts of Styrofoam, wrapping, and the like. Needless to say, it arrived in perfect condition. No scratches, broken parts or flaws that others have complained about in their reviews. I think it took as much time getting all the parts out of the box, as it did assembling them.
Okay, I will be the first to admit, that this rack is not the easiest to assemble. The manual that came with it is not very explicit.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This rack is great, has a minimalist design that really highlights the components, and the shelves are spaced enough to fit large components, even a larger Sony A/V receiver. Read morePublished 16 months ago by PCS ME
Went together quickly and easily, a little stronger than I even expected. For the price this was a great purchase.Published on July 15, 2014 by Brandon
Nice looking piece of furniture! Easy to assemble and is currently used to hold a 42 inch flat screen TV, DVD player, cable box and lots of DVD's.. Read morePublished on June 8, 2014 by Rory Ivey
We have our TV and electronics on this shelf and they look great! Very sturdy and the cord control in the back is perfect.Published on May 15, 2014 by LuCile L Gibson
Had to return because it came as a metal shelf when in the ad it clearly stated it was wood!Published on April 21, 2014 by Liz