Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HDE Power Supply AC Cable Adapter for XBox Kinect Motion Sensor
Your Garage Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Buy 2 kids' books and save Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on September 6, 2011
I recently purchased a used Kinect bar to use with my old (white) Xbox 360. Unfortunately, I did not realize that the accessory does not work without an additional power cord/USB plug. As I said, I bought the Kinect used, and the seller originally had it as part of the Xbox 360 Kinect bundle - which does not include the power cord. (The stand-alone Kinect has it, the bundle package doesn't)
Quick fix to the problem: Purchase this cable through Amazon (+free Prime shipping).

As you can see in the picture, the power cable splits into a female plug (for the Kinect cord) and a USB end (to plug into the Xbox).
Everything runs great and does exactly what it is supposed to.
on August 22, 2011
Product arrived quickly due to Amazon Prime and came in a labeled plastic bag as packaging.

It works perfectly for my purpose of 3D motion capture on the PC after I got my drivers working properly.

In order for the Kinnect to work on the PC it require additional power that adapters like this provide. Cable was much longer than expected but that suited my needs fine.
66 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2011
I bought it to connect my Kinect to laptop. Got it in 5 days. Works as described. Cable is pretty long. Much cheaper than one sold by XBox store. Highly recommended.
on September 29, 2011
I'm surprised by the previous review stating that it failed to work with his older 360. My 360 is from launch day and is somehow still running but I had a power surge that apparently damaged the Kinect power supply as it would no longer boot up (orange light and error message stating not enough power). I replaced the original cable with this one and everything is back up and running. No complaints
on December 9, 2015
Purchased too long ago to return it so that's my fault for not checking it sooner however, after attempting to use it to connect to my laptop for integration with software, the Kinect constantly connects and disconnects due to the power adapter which is labeled as being HDE model# SND-3601. I literally cannot even install the driver to use it due to this constant flaky connection which is within seconds of connecting then disconnecting again.
on January 22, 2014
So, the best part of all this is that I can now use my HTPC + Kinect as a family room Skype video/audio source. And with some Anti-NSA flare I programmed the Kinect to look at the ceiling if it's not engaged by Skype. So it auto rotates down to face me automagically, and turns back up when I'm done. Sweet!
Oh, and it works quite well too. I only wish I knew how to switch it to infrared mode to mess with family on the other end of the feed.
on October 7, 2015
I teach a programming course that uses the Kinect 360. I purchased five of these units and none of them work properly. I can't speak to their effectiveness with an XBox 360, but they are not identical to the genuine Microsoft power supplies, and you should definitely avoid these if you plan on programming with your Kinect.
on July 9, 2011
We have three 360's in the house, two of the new Slim/Black Kinect bundles and an older Falcon HDMI (White) 360. I bought this cable so that we can use the 2nd Kinect in the room where the older 360 is being played. Unfortunately even with the wall wart plugged directly into an outlet and the USB plugged into the back of my 360, I still am getting a "Not enough power" message.

I tried this cable with both of our Kinect sensors, one with the twin USB block and the other model that just has a flat jack, neither of them worked with my older 360. Both of them worked on either new Slim 360.
on December 7, 2015
This works perfectly for the Kinect for our Xbox 360, an older version that doesn't power the Kinect by itself. I couldn't believe the absolutely ludicrous price that Microsoft charges for their "name brand" power source. For $10 I figured I absolutely couldn't go wrong. I was correct. This works perfectly, has plenty of length, and didn't even come close to breaking the bank.
on January 3, 2013
On the plus side, I plugged it in and connected my Kinect to my PC, and everything worked. But as soon as I tried to unplug the adapter from the wall power outlet, the adapter literally fell apart, with the wall plug piece snapping off and one of the internal wires becoming disconnected. I've bought chinese-made crap plenty of times in the past and I've never had something fall to pieces so easily. Stay away.