"...gives an excellent presentation of the wide field of power systems dynamics. It is very readably written, especially for students and engineers..." (Automatica, Vol. 38, 2002)
From the Back Cover
* Progressive approach from simplicity to complexity.
* Detailed description of slow and fast dynamics.
* Examination of the influence of automatic control on power system dynamics.
* Stability enhancement including the use of PSS and Facts.
* Advanced models and algorithms for power system stability analysis.
Senior undergraduate, postgraduate and research students studying power systems will appreciate the authors' accessible approach. Also for electric utility engineers, this valuable resource examines power system dynamics and stability from both a mathematical and engineering viewpoint.