- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (October 21, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118731492
- ISBN-13: 978-1118731499
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,182,629 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Power Up: Taking Charge of Your Financial Destiny Paperback – October 21, 2013
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
Stop being a slave to debt and money anxietyand takecontrol of your financial destiny
"If you've ever wondered how you got into a debt problem, ormore important, how to get out of one, this book is a must-read.From learning how advertising influences your spending to teachingyour kids to become responsible money managers, Power Upcovers the bases. Nice work, Howard!"
Stacy Johnson, CPA, President, MoneyTalksNews.com
In Power Up, Howard draws on his years of experiencehelping thousands of people overcome devastating financialhardship. He provides you with time-tested strategies and powerfultools to rebuild your financial life on a solid and enduringfoundation.
A survival guide for these economically rocky, debt-riddentimes, Power Up delivers:
- Guidelines for creating a realistic budget and sticking toit
- Budgeting tools, worksheets, and other valuable forms
- A look at the tricks that lenders and credit card companies useto make you a slave to debt
- Tips on how to learn to live without credit cardsand lovedoing it
- Help in understanding the difference between what youwant and what you need
- Ideas on how to redirect your urge to shop into activities thatsatisfy your deeper needs and methods to improve your fiscalpsychology
- Priceless advice on how to educate your kids about money andpersonal finance
A chance to start over again with a clean slate? The peace ofmind that comes with knowing you're in charge of yourfinancial destiny? Power Up!
About the Author
HOWARD S. DVORKIN, CPA, is the founder of Consolidated Credit, an organization that has helped more than 5 million people over the last twenty years. He has helped thousands of individuals face and overcome devastating financial hardships and avoid personal bankruptcy. Mr. Dvorkin also is a personal finance columnist for Fox Business News online, and he has been interviewed about debt and personal finance by the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Fortune, Entrepreneur, American Banker, Investor's Business Daily, Good Housekeeping, Better Homes and Gardens, Family Circle, and more. He has also been a guest on countless national and local television and radio outlets, including CBS Evening News, The Early Show, ABC World News, and CNN.