Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Color: Black|Size: 24 lbs per hand|Change

Showing 1-10 of 378 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 406 reviews
on January 1, 2009
The power block dumbbells is my first adjustable dumbbell set i have bought. I love the size of it as i can store it just about anywhere and yet be able to lift weight anywhere from 6-24 pounds. The only problem with it as others have mentioned is that you might mess up getting the pin in straight to adjust the weights but it is easy to figure out when u have messed it up. Another annoying thing about the dumbbells set is while ur working out the plate hit each other and u hear an annoying clunking sound
44 comments| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2007
I really like this product because it is compact and not as cumbersome as the larger sets. For most people, this will suit their needs and they can get an upgradable set later on. The small size allows almost everyone to perform conventional exercises with proper form. With the larger PowerBlocks, this is a concern because of added bulk and length.

The square shape of these dumbbells allows the manufacturer to put more weight in a smaller place. This makes these much smaller than other rounded adjustable dumbbells over the same weight range and increments.

From a safety perspective, I also think these are the safest and most rugged adjustable dumbbells. However, this does not mean that nothing can go wrong. You need to be conscious of inserting the pins straight across and the pin mechanism right side up so the magnets engage to hold the pins together. There is a also a backup elastic band to prevent a plate from falling, but this might not save you in an overhead triceps extension.

This product is rugged and well made. It is less likely to break then some other brands and the concept is simple behind how the adjustments work. In other words, there are less things to break or go wrong and I believe these can take a fairly hard fall and still be fine. I haven't dropped mine, but I base this assumption on the way they are designed and the quality of the materials and how they are put together.

I would definitely purchase these if you do circuit training and want to keep your pulse up. If you become serious, you can buy an expandable set over a larger range later. This is great entry point product.
11 comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2013
I started strength training a few months ago and quickly found two problems - my house was filling up with a pile of weights, and I really wanted sizes between 10 and 15 and between 15 and 20 pounds. These weights have nicely solved both problems. They're fairly quick to change the weights and they've felt solid to me - I've never felt like the pin was in danger of falling out while I was using them. I was worried that their shape would make them hard to use (since you're reaching in between the side bar things) but I quickly got used to them and it hasn't been a problem. The grip seems ok - they're certainly more comfortable to hold than the 15 and 20 I have.

I would definitely recommend these to any looking for lighter adjustable weights.
review image
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2016
Use these daily. I did a lot of research before ordering these. I love that they increase in only 3lb increments. They are not as bulky or awkward as I thought they might be when I first started looking into adjustable dumbbells. They are fairly quick to change between weights as long as they're on a flat hard surface. I do a lot of HIIT with weights (think Jillian Michaels, Beach Body, Fitness Blender) and they work great. For the money, these are awesome and replace a sh@t ton of dumbbells. For the most part (most exercises I do) 24lbs per hand is all I'll need and more. There are a few moves that I feel I could go heavier (think deadlifts) but if that times comes I'll probably just buy an inexpensive weight bar. I have no fear using these, they do not feel flimsy to me at all. Hope this review helps if your on the fence. Happy exercising!
on October 7, 2016
I had these babies in my cart for a long time. I would go back and forth between "I need these!!" and "I can get by". I initially saw them on FitnessBlender workouts and thought they looked kind of neat, but I wasn't ready to spend $150 on the set. As I got further along with my FB workouts, I realized I needed more weight and I finally executed this purchase and I`m SO happy that I did. I LOVE these things. They are definitely worth the money. This range is perfect for me as I am just starting to lift heavier and still have PLENTY of room to grow with these weights. I workout with them 3-4 times a week depending and they are super easy to use. I actually look forward to strength training now. Adjusting the weight was a quick learn and by the second time I was pulling the pin out and adjusting to the next weight up or down fairly quickly. You do have to have these on a FLAT surface or else the pin can go into the wrong slot, but no big deal. Just be aware of what you are doing. Overall, I`m just kicking myself that it took me so long to buy these. I love them.
on July 29, 2016
I absolutely love these weights. I've been going back and forth about purchasing them for awhile and finally decided to go for it. I have been using them for 3 weeks now. Instead of purchasing the stand I leave them set on a folded wooden tv table and it works great. They have to be on a hard surface to change the weights with ease. I have used the weights for numerous strength training exercises. I was a little nervous at first doing over head presses, tricep extension and skull crushers but the weights don't move around and are very secure. They fit in my hands well without bothering my knuckles or wrists. I'm so glad I finally decided to buy them.
review image
on April 27, 2008
I bought these dumbbells as a secondary set to the 5-50 lb. PowerBlocks I bought only a few weeks before. I liked the first product so much that I bought the lighter set so my husband and I can lift together.

These are extremely easy to use and surprisingly compact. I went to the fitness store and looked at these and the Selecttechs side by side and was astonished by the length of the Selecttechs. In my opinion, that product would not work for women due to how long the bar is to accommodate all the weights.

Though this system is a little oddly shaped (blocky) it is much more compact and thus easier to manipulate. True, it takes a little time to find a comfortable grip for a few exercises (such as things behind the head) but once you know what works for you the system makes lifting easy.
on March 10, 2016
These are a dream come true. The compact design is great for small spaces. Super easy to increase or decrease weight during a workout. They're comfortable to use too.
on March 28, 2015
Sturdy and compact - just what I needed. They don't jiggle around while you're using them.

If you're a beginner/intermediate level lifter, they'll last you a long time. If you hit the maximum weight on one lift, try a different lift.
on March 9, 2017
love this weight set

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.