Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on August 20, 2013
Short Version: Paired with an AMD FX-4130 quad-core at 3.8Ghz, 12GB of RAM, and a 46" Toshiba HDTV, I can only rarely tell the difference between games on my PC and games on my Xbox360. In fact I have several titles on both platforms and some actually look better running on this card than on the console. If you already have a decent CPU and a fair bit of RAM in your machine, this card is hands-down a better buy for gaming than a console IMO.

Long version:
So far I've run all my games on the highest or next-to-highest setting and it's super-smooth. Older games like Day of Defeat Source and Red Faction 2 are on highest possible settings and running in the 200fps range!
This card stays relatively cool while running smooth frame rates in high or ultra settings in games like Crysis 2 ME, Burnout Paradise Ultimate, Dead Space, Metro 2033, StarForge, Battlefield 3, etc.
I have been able to bog this card down if I really try, but we're talking about a $160 video card and I can run Battlefield 3 on almost all highest settings, at over 60fps at 1900 x 1080 resolution on a 46" HDTV with the HDMI port, and it looks so good it makes my roommates cry with envy. Also simultaneously running a 23" monitor at the same resolution on the DVI port, but don't use them both at the same time for games (the screen sizes are just too different), so if you're looking for that 3-monitor-surround-your-head-with-game-awesomeness setup, I can't testify to that here. But for what I use it for, I'm very happy with it!
I'm upgrading from a Galaxy GeForce 9500GT (which was similar price about 3 years ago) and this absolutely slaps that old thing in the face and calls it names. While it obviously doesn't really compare to the super-high-end cards out there now, those sell for at least 3 times what this 7850 cost me, in my opinion it's amazing for the price point.
Smaller monitor worked perfect right out of the box, but took a small amount of tweaking (maybe 15 minutes) to match it up with my HDTV and get it looking great. The Catalyst control software has some really nice features that made it pretty straightforward. I will recommend if you are connecting to an HDTV, set your tv to "PC Mode" and turn "Game Mode" on if your tv has one, and then start messing with the card's settings.
on July 29, 2013
I was using an older 5770 and I needed to upgrade. This card spiked my interest with its low price and high performance and I have to say I couldn't be happier with it. The newest game I have right to is Tomb Raider and I was able to clock in an average of 60+ fps on Ultra. Hitman: Absolution ran maxed out with out a hitch as well.

The card runs silent compared to my older card and the temps are below expected. Lower power consumption than its beefier brothers as well. It is a bit larger than I thought(same size as my 5770 to be honest) but it fits snuggle in my case.

If you need a mid-term up grade between a new build this is the card to get. It is just a real bang for the buck card. It isn't going to go head to head with a GTX 770 or a Titan, but it cost only a fraction of what those cards are going for.

Do yourself a favor and get it.
on January 10, 2014
Used this in a build for my son for a school/gaming PC. i3-3240 processor, 8GB Corsair Vengeance memory, gigabyte LGA 1155 MoBo and a 500W 80 Plus power supply. AFTER some tweaking it's a wonderful card and everything he's thrown at it runs flawlessly. I didn't give it 5 stars though because it took some serious trouble shooting to get it to work well. There's a lot of reviews talking about flashing screens and other odd graphical anomalies. I'm not an IT guy, but eventually figured out that the base clock speeds when NOT gaming (mostly seen when using a browser or embedded video like you tube) jumps from a minimal setting to higher ones and causes screen flicker/lines to appear and disappear.

The Radeon cards come with a Catalyst Control Center which lets you set overclock speeds to the card but NOT increase the minimum speeds. To change the minimum speeds I created a profile with the CCC, searched for the file it saved as, then edited the file in notepad (there's a want0 and want1 setting under each characteristic, the want0 number which has trailing zeros if I recall, is the minimum speed) By increasing the minimum it did seem to make the card run about 5 degrees warmer during normal operation, but the graphic glitches went away. I couldn't find anything on Radeon's web site to address the issue.

It really is a five star product but one shouldn't have to go through so many flaming hoops to get a piece of hardware to function properly.
on November 30, 2013
my pc was just built.. its my amd powerhouse low cost high on results.

This card X2
RAM barowed atm getting 1866 G. Skill Snipper
Pioneer BR Burner
PSU Azza Dynamo
Case azza salano
CPU AMD FX 8350

OK.. let me start with what you wouldnt expect from your graphics card! This card has an over all inhancment for "video" utube, your player, internet video, home video..Also when converting video its helps speed up that prosess by using your card as well with your amd cpu!! i know as if it wasnt fast enough right :) Ok now for the stough you gamers do expect! These games are on max or next to max settings! NOTE: all results for single card testing not cross fired. Also 60 is the max refresh rate needed for my systems tv.

AC Blackflag 60fps (max settings with stage one smoothing aka fxx)
Tomb Raider 60fps Ultra
SKYRIM game of the year uber texturing awsomness pack MAXED! 60 fps
Dead Pool 60 fps maxed..
RIFT my RAM isnt good enough for its testing yet but ill give you a solid and say it will be a great card for you rift wow and other MMORPG fans.

All that for around 150$!! yeah this card is well woth the money.

Now for the cons... (crickets cherp in the background)
on August 4, 2013
As far as now, this is the only card right now that can kick butt for the amount of money $160. Plays all my games and plays crysis 3 full high settings but only via overclocking with some frame rate compromise. This thing overclocks very very well. it is quiet and only has one fan which i thought was going to be a heat problem but this thing runs cool. Just place it in a good case. The only issue with me is that I get some artifact with firefox but has gone down with the newest beta driver from AMD. I also a decent amount of artifact in MS flight sim X, depending on my location in the game. BTW, I am using windows 8, which i love cause the speed, so it might have something to do with it. Other than that, PowerColor is a new brand that I would buy from again. Never heard of them but looks like a good product for cheap.
on June 14, 2013
Very nice graphics card. I've never used PowerColor before, but so far it's going great. Idle temps on the card is 39-40c as opposed to 55-57 on the previous Radeon HD 4870.

Working great. Would recommend it.
on September 29, 2013
Hi good day , i recieved this card three days now, at first when i am using fire fox the screen would randomly appear with certain distortions on the upper right of my screen. I updated the drivers from amd but this still happens. Today, i am surfing as usual and the screen started to flicker with lines running across the screen. I tried out some games with it and it runs great but as for these glitches i am disappointed. Is there anyway to fix this?
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2013
This was my first Graphics card hardware install and I was amazed by how easy it was. Impressive, polished graphics all around. It almost would not fit in my cpu, but after tying off all my wires off to the side, I was barely able to cram it in there. It's a lot bigger than it looks so make sure you have a deep, wide enough computer to support it.

Also, after about 2 hours or so of game time, my computer starts to get really hot. I don't have any more room in my tower for additional cooling but I highly recommend it.
on August 12, 2013
So I RMA'ed a MSI card that came working but causing all kinds of problems. This one worked out the box but one problem i ran into like the other radeon card. The drivers seem to not install automatically and i had to jump through hoops to get it to work. Never had these issues with Nvidia cards. I love Radeon and don't want to pay the Nvidia price (which are always higher). I tried Bioshock infinite on ultra all settings works like a charm. I also tried primal carnage, The walking dead and they all ran maxxed.
on June 5, 2016
I've been mining cryptocurrencies on this card since 2013. It's still working, and still profitable for me to do so. It has paid itself off several times over. (though I've spent a ton of what I've earned on buying groceries for people, surprisingly.)