- Size (LWH): 1.9 inches, 1.4 inches, 1.79 inches
- Weight: 1.44 ounces
PowerGen® Black 2.4-Amp (12 Watt) Dual USB Wall Charger w/flip down Plug Designed for Apple and Android Devices
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- PowerGen Dual Port USB AC Charger charges your iPad, iPhone, iPod, HTC, Blackberry, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras, PDAs, Mobile Phones.
- Use your existing USB charging cables to charge most USB powered devices / Easy-to-see LED confirms whether USB charger is properly connected
- Soft blue LED shows when charger is receiving power.
- Input:100-240V 150mA ; Output:DC 5V 2.4A Max. or 12W (A combined total of Max. 2.4A)
- Sophisticated circuit design with over-heated, over-current, over-charging protection. Charging will be automatically stop when battery is full.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Soft blue LED shows when charger is receiving power.
- Does not block other outlets
- Triple Protection: Over-current, short-circuit and over-temperature
- The previous 10W is cTUVus approvded by TUV Rheinland PTL, LLC (tested under UL-60950 standard), cTUVus is an alternative to UL listed. TUV # 72122684
- The new 12W is cTUVus approved by TÜV SÜD America, Inc. (tested under UL-60950 standard). TUV # U8 13 05 83667 001
- Both UL & TUV approved are Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTLs)
MP3 players, ipods, iPhone 6 6 plus 5s 5c 5 4s 4s 3G, Apple iPad Air Mini 2 3 4, Mobile phones, GPS, MP4, Portable wifi, Amazon Kindle fire / DX and other kindles.
USB Port 1 (Designed for Apple products) Compatibility
iPad @ 2.4 Ampere Max.
iPhone / iPod Touch @ 1 Ampere Max.
Others phones / GPS / Tablet etc. @ 0.5 to 1 Ampere Max. (May not support charging of some devices)
USB Port 2 (port close to LED, designed for non apple products) Compatibility
iPhone / iPod Touch @ 0.5 Ampere Max.
Others phones / GPS / Tablet etc. @ 1 to 2.4 Ampere Max.
NOTE 1: Currently known support tablets: Amazon Kindle Fire & all other Kindles, Samsung Galaxy Tab Series, Nobal Nook Color, Nook Tablets, HTC Flyer.
NOTE 2: NOT compatible with HP TouchPad, Asus transformer or Motorola Xoom.
NOTE: Product Patent Pending:
Top Customer Reviews
** Sept 2013 update. The updated model has the ports marked. The new swing-away prongs are nice for travel. The price is now usually $10. I have changed my review from 4-stars to 5-stars.
- - - Speed Matters- - -
Sometimes you need to charge in a hurry. Even if a charger "works with your device" it may be painfully slow. Get one that will charge your devices at full speed (like the one that came with your device). This is not so simple. Product info is often unclear. Reviewers are often unclear.
For starters, the "Amps" need to be high enough. That's usually 1 Amp for smartphones, about 2 Amps for tablets. (A higher amp charger is always OK.)
The messy part is, Apple devices use their own rules to decide charging speed. A designed-for-Apple charger may be slow to charge non-Apple devices, and vice versa, even if its Amp rating is high enough.
- - - About this PowerGen Wall Charger - - -
PowerGen gets it right by optimizing one port for Apple products (including iPad) and the second port for non-apple products. The two ports make it versatile, even if you never charge two devices at once.
- - - Pricing - - -
In April 2012, PowerGen dropped from 13 to 10. Nice.
* Fast charging for Apple and non-Apple devices (see Note 1)
* Nice Price
* Doesn't block other outlets (see Note 2)
- LED power-on indicator (dim blue, not obnoxious)
- 12-month warranty
- Branded product. Amazon reviews apply to this exact item.Read more ›
|Length: 0:59 Mins|
* iPad 2 only on the A port
* iPad 3 only on the A port
* iPod 60 GIG only worked on the NA port as it is an old school Apple charging design
* iPod touch on both ports
* Kindle Fire on both ports
* Kindle Keyboard on both ports
* iPhone 4 on both ports
I like that the wall charger has two USB charging ports and it can charge two devices at the same time. (Like our two iPhones simultaneously)
The unit did not charge the HP TouchPad as claimed but so far I have tried a dozen different charging devices and none of them will charge the HP TouchPad except the original HP charger and the HP Touchstone. The HP TouchPad requires a strong 5.3 VDC at 2.08 Amps. When I tried it I got the HP error message that the charging device was not supplying either enough voltage or current to effectively charge it.
The unit can provide up to 2.1 amps which is the rated charging rate for an Apple iPad 3. If you plug in multiple devices they both will still charge (They share the 2.1 Amps) but if one of them requires more than ½ of the 2.1 amp power it will charge more slowly than with its own AC wall charger. Plugging in only one device provides up to 2.1 Amps to either USB port.Read more ›
First, it is NOT UL LISTED. This means I can't use it. I won't risk causing a fire - any non-UL charger scares me and should scare you!
Second, it can't charge my iphone and ipad at the same time. Instead the second port is for "non listed devices" - not sure what that means but it's a useless port to me.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works as it should charging my Ipad 3 and Iphone 5. Shipping was prompt and items was well packaged. Thank you.Published 3 days ago by Linda5186
Works great but am having to replace the supplied USB cable after a few months. It seems to have a short in it now and when it does charge my phone say Slow-Charging, which... Read morePublished 10 days ago by Karl Coleman
Bought this for school use as I always seem to run out of a phone charge half way through the day. It really comes in handy for when you need to charge or when someone else forgets... Read morePublished 12 days ago by M.A.
Stay away as your life depends on it. This thing caught fire after 1 week of charging phones. Fortunately, I was near it as the charger caught fire. Read morePublished 12 days ago by B**H
I lost the power block that came with my Ipad so I needed a replacement. I also so have an Android based phone, now instead of multiple power blocks, I can use one block and two... Read morePublished 17 days ago by long distance daughter