BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on July 11, 2015
To be honest with everyone I had to send mine back for a refund, Not because it was cheap looking or didn't work (It Was Really Sturdy & Heavy Duty), the problem I encountered was the darn thing is so short and stubby it will not reach the bottom center contact pin in both my wife's Honda or my GMC PU Trucks cigarette lighters,

It did how ever work in my Nieces accessory plugs that she has in her Toyota, so if you plan on buying this make sure you have the shallower accessory plugs in your vehicles.
on December 6, 2013
Sturdy build. Works exactly as promised.
My Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone from Verizon charges from both ports. Both Standard (S) port and Apple (A) port work for my phone. With S port, my battery settings show "AC". With A its "USB", which is slower. Luckily I have only one phone :)
The blue light is stylish and indicates that the charger is connected to the car port.

Awesome product and great price. 5 stars.

I wish they launch two more products - a S only product where both ports are Standard (S) and an A only product where both ports are Apple (A) ones. Me and my girlfriend both have android, so I would be much more happy to get the S only product instead of the mixed one that they have now.
on December 12, 2012
I have an iPhone 4S. I was so excited to get this in the mail because I'm getting ready to go out of town and need something to charge my phone. This seemed the easiest solution. Upon plugging the output into my car and then into my phone, my phone froze. Then it proceeded to drain of all of the battery until it shut off.

I cannot imagine how this product had so many good reviews!!! I usually trust Amazon's rating system but this seemed a bit fishy?
on October 8, 2012
After a massively disappointing road trip where my electronic devices started going dead one by one, I started a search for a car adapter that follows the industry standard. I was disappointed when I discovered that there are two standards -- the real one and Apple's. Most of the charging products on the car market are built for Apple products and my Android products won't even charge. My camera and phones wouldn't charge at all on my old charger. This one is great because it contains a standard port that works for all non-Apple devices and a non-standard port that works for my old IPod. Thanks to this product, I can clear out half a dozen custom chargers and replace them with svelte cables.

Another important detail is that this charger is one of the only ones to fit snugly and perfectly in my old car. It didn't require any fiddling to get it to fit in the charger or to make a good connection.
on February 26, 2013
I ordered two of these, and tried them in multiple vehicles with multiple devices, but neither one would charge any device in any vehicle. Judging from other reviews, I must have gotten defective ones, but it's odd that neither one worked. I'm returning them both today.

Edited to refer people in the Midwest & Northeast to this review, which I wish I had seen. http://www.amazon.com/review/R3RTGS7NT8QLXQ/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_alt_6

This charger apparently will work if it's warm enough. Looking through the "Didn't work" reviews, it appears that all of us are from colder states and ordered the charger in the winter. So I'd avoid this if the temperature gets down to freezing where you live. It's not unreasonable to expect a charger to still charge things even though it's cold. (The one I got to replace this one works just fine.)
on April 16, 2017
Doe's exactly what you'd expect. It works.
on December 20, 2012
We purchased a couple iPhone 5s- and since they do not make a proper charger- we chose to switch over to these PowerGen adapters to use with the lightening cable. They feel really solid and do the job great! Haven't noticed any speed or heat issues. Actually, bought these at Amazon over getting another Belkin that the Verizon store sold us. We bought two and are very happy.
on November 8, 2012
I am a fan of the PowerGen USB Car Charger. It works and works really well. I've used it now for over a month, and I've been able to charge both my tablet and my phone at the same time with no issues. The charger itself has a low profile which is perfect as it doesn't stick out to far. I've had other chargers that stick out three or four inches which (for me) has ment having to find a place to store them when not in use. The blue light is also pretty cool and makes knowing everything is plugged in and charging easy to see. And the charger itself CRANKS out the power, it seems to charge faster then any charger I've ever used before (albeit those were chargers that came with my phone). I know that others have complained about it being wobbly, but I haven't experienced any issues with that firsthand. So far, I'm very impressed and have already recommended it to friends and family.
on January 31, 2013
I got this instead of buying a single charger for each type of device I may need to charge. Most are now micro-usb, but I still have a few mini-usb devices that need some power. This has 2 port which is great if you're on a trip and you and your S.O. both need to charge your phones, use a GPS, listen to lectures on your tablet on the way to Ski, etc... An item of note is one port is 2A high current (respectively) and one is a regular 1A output. Read the pamphlet - some devices don't react well to the different currents and you'll need to use the right one.

My only suggestion to the manufacturer would be to change the embossed label from A & B to 2.0 and 1.0 for the amp rating. After a while you forget which is which and you can goof up your device if you put it in the wrong hole.

Then again, that's true for many things...
on August 28, 2012
I really wish companies would put a little toggle to switch between apple compatibility and everyone else in the world. Nexus 7 tablet only charges on the lower-power plug. Doesn't seem very easy to pop open and manually fix, but seems to do reasonably good job charging.

All in all, I think it's a great charger...but I'm not going to give companies that only support Apple 5 stars