Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on October 22, 2012
Pros: two standard cigarette lighter outputs plus a single usb output; pivoting plug to fit different spaces.

Cons: does not stay securely plugged in to the vehicle's socket. While driving I frequently find that the devices running from this adapter (which include a radar detector and cell phone) are no longer powered. Pushing on the adapter reseats it into the socket and things will run well for a while. For this reason I can only give it 3 stars.
on April 28, 2012
This does exactly what it's supposed to do. It connects securely to the car power outlet, and electronIcs connect securely to the splitter. The pivot feature is quite useful since there's so much going on near the power outlet-gear shift, compartments, etc. The USB outlet is also great, giving you one more outlet for items that could be charged using a USB cord. On a recent 10 hour car trip I used the splitter for the GPS, the Bluetooth, and my iPhone (using the USB port.). It would have been a difficult car ride without this handy item.
11 comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 4, 2013
I needed a way to double the number of cigarette lighter attachments in our car, as our GPS takes one up on every trip.The PowerLine 90310 does the trick, with the added bonus of a USB power port. Now I can plug in my GPS, a phone charger, and have a spot to keep my MP3 player's battery from running down on a long trip while it plays my favorite songs via the car radio's auxiliary input port. The plug on the unit folds down nicely for storage and the only reason that I dropped one star from an otherwise stellar review, is that my right knee sometimes lightly bumps the splitter and the electrical connection to the car lighter socket disconnects. I'm made aware immediately, as my GPS senses the disconnect so I reach down an shove it back firmly in place. It's a minor ergonomic issue, but since your car, and your knee length may vary from mine, I can still fully recommend this item.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
As our usage of 12-volt and rechargeable devices increases, vehicles often don't have enough power sockets to go around. Our vehicle dashboard has only one socket. This device enables me to operate two 12-volt devices and one USB device from that single 12-volt socket as long as the total load does not exceed 10 amperes. My wife can plug-in the 12-volt adapter for her notebook computer, while I simultaneously power my GPS and use the USB socket to charge my smartphone. The swivel base enables me to adjust its position so it's not in the way of my cup holder or other dashboard controls. Sockets on this adapter have spring loaded covers to keep out dust and debris when they're not being used, but they can interfere with the connection of plugs that have large + ends on them. Ultimately, I ripped those covers out of mine. It works better without the covers. I can see nothing about this adapter's design that would prevent it from being used safely and effectively in a cigarette lighter socket. My order was placed on a Friday night and it was delivered the following Wednesday, which met my expectations. In fact, I was so pleased with my purchase for my car that I ordered two more for my motorhome.
on October 22, 2016
Works reliably every time. The USB port does away with the need for an additional charger cord. Doesn't overheat or hum like other units.

However, this is a bit larger of a unit than average, and because of that its weight tends to pull it loose if I go over a large bump or make a sharp turn. (My D/C outlet is vertically-mounted). This is rare, so it's not really a big issue.
on December 30, 2013
Don't expect a tiny little dual adapter. I was shocked how big they were. I mean they are big....not gigantic, but larger than you envision that's for sure. Just keep that in mind if you have a small car with no room. Haven't used them yet, but will update as to perfomance issues once I do.
on January 1, 2014
Just tried this out and it does what's expected; powers a seat heater cover and a phone charger. I was initially worried since I assume the seat heater pulls quite a few amps, but there wasn't any issue.

The only design change I would make is to have the post in the center rather than off to the side. When plugging something into the offset port, the unit moves quite a bit feels like it will pop out of the car outlet. Not a huge deal since you can just support it with your hand while plugging something in (and you probably won't be unplugging/plugging things in extremely often), but that's pretty much the only reason I docked it a star.
on October 23, 2013
This adapter doesn't fit the auto socket well (the plug is not well designed to stay in the socket - pops out on rough pavement!) and the sockets are too short for standard 12v plugs. With the spring loaded "pads" inside the standard size plugs don't fit tight and pop out. If you have one plugged in, and plug in a second, the first pops out. Very poor design. The body does swivel nicely and the USB seems okay. avoid it!!
on January 23, 2013
I bought this for my 2008 Honda Civic Lx which has only 1 Cig. Lighter. It comes in handy as it splits the port into two and more importantly provides enough power to both so my devices such as GPS and Heated Seat Cushion etc can run without any issues.

It also has a USB port which can be used to charge my phone (I hear iPhone 4s onwards needs slightly more power but this works fine for me on iP5). The one end that you stick in the car's port fits in tightly and swivels to about 180 degrees so yoyou can have it literally in any position you want by turning it after you insert and then also using the 180 degrees arm movement. Overall you won't be disappointed with the purchase.
on September 3, 2013
Dont bother buying this, the swivel section is loose and wont stay in place. The plug in section does not make good connection and shuts off and on. And the plug in sections dont make good connections to what ever you plugg in to them.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.