New Trent PowerPak Xtreme 12000mAh Rugged Water/Dirt/Shockproof Dual USB Port External Battery Charger/Power Pack for Smartphones, Tablets and more. (Black-Grey)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Rugged Series 5V@2A-1A Dual USB Charger charges 2 devices simultaneously. 2A output is for iPad/Tablet and 1A output is for iPhone/smartphones.
- Compatible with most smartphone’s (Apple, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, Nokia, Blackberry, Sony, etc…) and 5V Tablets compatible devices.
- Rigid and durable build makes the PowerPak Xtreme water proof, dirt proff, and shock proof. The ideal companion for those who enjoy camping, hiking, biking, and many other outdoor activities.
- No iPhone/iPad adapter or cable is included, but the PowerPak Xtreme NT120R is compatible with the original Lightning/30-pin connector Apple manufactured charge cables.
- No AC wall charger is provided, but the PowerPak Xtreme NT120R can be recharged using the supplied micro-USB charge cable with any standard 5V/2A USB charge ports, including most computer USB ports and USB wall chargers.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Meet The Tank
The PowerPak Xtreme acts like a tank without feeling like one. Weighing in at just 9 ounces, it's a heavy-hitter with 12,000 mAh of charge capacity and dual USB ports that can keep your devices up and running 24/7.
Drop Resistant and Water Proof
The PowerPak Xtreme is designed to endure extreme conditions and environments. Sporting a sealed case the Powerpak Xtreme can be submerged in 3 feet of water for an hour!
With its thick, thermoplastic casing, this device can adeptly handle impact and drops of up to one meter.
Built For The Rugged
Designed by the adventurer, for the adventurer. The PowerPak Xtreme can accompany you to high altitudes, fight off bad weather, and remain unscathed after staying clipped to the outside of your backpack all day long.
Powerpak Xtreme is compatible with most Apple, Android and Windows Smartphone's and 5V Tablet, goPro, GPS, portable game consoles, etc...
* For Apple devices, please use the original Apple Lightning or 30-pin cables.
**Some phone/tablet/devices may require a special converter cable to be compatible
Outputs: 5V@2.1A and 5V@1A
Dimensions: 5.2 x 2.8 x 1.2 inches
For optimal charging we suggest charging the battery from a high speed USB wall adapter or charger (Not Included)
- New Trent's USB wall charger
- New Trent's Car charger.
Be sure to find the official New Trent logo to ensure a 10 month warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Dislikes: Only downside; charging ports are 1A and 2A. I would prefer having two 2A ports. Having two 2A ports would still allow regular 1A phones to charge safely, but would allow the fast charging of two higher draw devices, like I have, at the same time.
After two weeks of use, I have to say, I'm really loving this battery pack. I've made it my sole source of power for my phone and tablet to test out it's recharge rate, as well as seeing how many full recharges I get out of it for each device. It performs exactly as the math says it would. Almost 4 full charges for my phone (Samsung Note 3), and almost 2 full charges for my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.)
The battery pack is rugged and durable. I tried a couple of what I consider common drops; knocking it off a table, and dropping it from my car onto the pavement. No damage done, and it works just fine. Along with being well protected, it looks rugged and hardcore. The hatch covering the charging ports is solid and easy to use. It provides a tight seal to keep it water proof.
Overall, I love this battery and I've already recommended it to friends that I think could use it. It's not too bulky for being protected like it is. It's not too heavy considering it's a 12,000mAh battery. It's easy to use and charges my devices fast. This will be my new camping companion this summer. I'm sure it's up to the challenge.
Thanks for making a great battery that will keep up with my needs.
There are indicator lights on one side of the orange to show how much charge it has. They're not on constantly except for when plugged in.
There is an on/off switch on the side (haven't quite figured that one out, but I didn't read the directions, either.)
It's a manageable size that fits in the side pocket of my backpack, in my smaller purses, and even the back pocket of my cycling jerseys (though it is a little heavy, but still manageable.)
It does not come with a charger.
The door that covers the ports and protects it from water is extremely secure, and not easy to open (that's a good thing!)
Piece on the end allows you to tie it to something (a cord, cable, whatever)
Rubberized side grips so it's not easy to drop, even when wet.
Perfect if you use your phone a lot and go through charge, but can't sit somewhere long enough to fully charge your device.
Rating = 5
I purchased the NT120R for a 5 day cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I needed the ability to charge my Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8, a Olympus underwater digital camera and a Kindle Paper White.
Item arrived from Amazon quickly because I'm a Prime member.
The NT120R was packaged well and the graphics and design of the packaging look great and catches the eye of the consumer while having the important product information on the front of the box and having additional detailed specs on the back of the box.
Instructions were fairly straightforward and easy to understand.
While on the trip I charged the devices listed above from different states of discharge. They all charged quickly and without problems.
During the trip I was caught in a severe thunderstorm for about 30 minutes. The bag that I was carrying the NT120R in was pretty soaked and the outside of the NT120R case was very wet. After returning to the cruise ship, I wiped the outside of the case with a towel and it was good to go, still functioned properly. Also during this trip the NT120R was dropped in our cabin by accident from about 3 foot high. It landed hard on the thinly carpeted floor but there wasn't a mark on the exterior case and it's still working perfectly.
Very rugged construction and the size is outstanding compared to other battery packs I own. It fits into a jacket or pants pocket or can be hooked to camera bag using an inexpensive caribiner clip.
I initially charged the NT120R using my Galaxy S4 charger which is significantly faster than trying to charge it using a standard USB port on my computer.
I own another New Trent battery pack and this is by far a much better unit in both styling and functionality.
A few suggestions to help improve the product.
1. I understand it's designed to be waterproof but the door is rather hard to open. I have to use 2 hands to open it, I put my thumbnail into the slot while using my other thumb to push on the "tab" sticking out from the door. Some users may have trouble opening it.
2. In the instructions, it doesn't have the power button clearly marked. I'm a computer engineer so it was pretty easy for me to figure it out but the instructions just have the power button labeled as "button" in the first diagram, this could be misleading for some non-technical type users. It should also state that pressing the button while recharging a device that it will show how much battery is left via the built in LED's.