Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on November 17, 2014
So far, love the camera, takes great photos, very useful for taking SUPER close up shots of my nscale model train buildings and landscaping work. Probably would have been better off though, buying what extra stuff I needed (individually) for the camera. The battery/charger combo and media card work just fine, and I use the media card holder to carry an extra battery. The holder has three compartments to carry extra media cards, but seems it would be an awfully tight squeeze for three of them after you fold it up. That spindly legged tripod is a pain to adjust "just right", otherwise the camera will tip over. The USB port on the camera to computer card reader is in the wrong position to fit into my computer's front assorted card reader ports---so it's basically useless. Bag is OK, but way too big for the way I travel (as compact and as little as possible). My old camera's bag works just fine, a compartment for the camera, extra battery/media card, and a little pocket for my driver's license, money and credit card. Compact, grab and go. Don't know if I'll ever get around to using the HDMI cable.

The camera and assorted kit stuff arrived quickly, and all appeared to be in it's original packaging. Didn't come with an instruction manual, that can be found on the internet for downloading.
on August 29, 2014
Had a 12 megapixel power shot with 3X zoom for a long time. Loved it too, small enough for the pocket and pretty good picture quality. This is the power shot on steroids with 16 megapixels and 30X zoom!! It is a bit bigger, a tad heavier, but still slides into the pant pocket, and takes fantastic photos. The technology in this small package is amazing (including of course that you can take videos). This is a small powerhouse and can't believe you wouldn't like it.
on August 28, 2014
Takes absolutely superb shots. The phone app with remote viewing/shooting were definite deal maker features. The auto ID face tag and focus really separates this from a lot of other choices. The dial controls which can (easily) be used to override the exposure settings make this model more of power users camera. The AUTO setting is quite good though at balancing backlighting and subject lighting. I have an earlier, more compact model that easily fits in the pocket. This model is thicker but what you get back is convenience of controls and navigation. Although exposure controls are present on my earliear model the physical dial selection and convenience is clear on this SX700.
on May 17, 2015
I'm technologically semi-naive, so judge my comments accordingly.

Software set-up was easy. There were just a few inconsequential hiccups in learning how to upload photos.

So far, I've settled for the Auto setting, letting the camera's chips do the thinking for me. They're smarter than I am. Shots taken in conditions ranging from full sunlight to the dimness of indoors in the evening have come out very well.

I haven't had this camera for long, but so far, its battery seems to last a long time on a single charge. I haven't had to recharge it since I got the camera several weeks ago.

I like the fact that this camera, despite its 30X zoom, fits in a back pocket.

My previous camera, the Powershot SD780 15, cost half as much. It was good. But this model is, for my purposes, at least five times better.
on September 16, 2015
Relatively small camera to have full 1080 60 fps video, and 20X optical zoom.... but the best feature is the manual settings.... you have complete control of aperature and shutter speed as well as focal distances using the ring to scroll from 6 inches to infinity, and very easy to use.... absolutely marvelous.... finally you can use the 10 second timer with the proper focal distance and aperature preset instead of the camera automatically focusing on the landscape when you push the shutter, and not changing the focus when you when you step in front of the camera for a selfie. The flash won't automatically pop-up and fire because you have to flip a little toggle on the side of the camera to pop it up and can easily set it from 1/3 to full power. Also one touch to view exposure settings and you just spin the ring to scroll from 2 stops down to 2 stops open... important if your subject has different lighting than your background... just get a good case and be careful... these little cameras don't have a very good lens cover and if you put it in a tight jeans pocket with car keys the lens could get scratched.
on January 24, 2015
I purchased this camera to replace an older Canon I had dropped too many times. I received the camera in a timely fashion just prior to my trip to China. Although I downloaded the manual before I left I didn't have time to review it before I left. This camera is so well designed that the learning curve is short because of the well-designed prompts. It has many features, many of which I have not yet tried but its basic operation is efficient. Of the features I used I find the sharpness, speed, zoom, photos taken with available light, and movies is high. I am very pleased with this camera and would recommend it to a friend. The bundle I received contained a tripod that is useless but the other items are nice, particularly the extra battery/charger and card wallett. I haven't used the other items yet. The price from Beach Camera was good. The size/weight is larger than simpler point and shoot cameras but worth the many useful features and photo quality.
on September 23, 2015
Pros: cost, size, zoom, lens, photos, wifi & software options

Cons: Stabilization lacks, low light not good enough, no external microphone input & manual focus and White balance is hard to get to fast.

I use this for a 2nd camera for interview, theme park videos, blog style videos and pro shoots. I'll stick to my Blackmagic Cinema Camera for a lot of stuff, I was hoping for a smaller, cheaper alterative. The No Mic Input was a deal breaker on this guy! Word to the wise: You get what you pay for.
on September 11, 2015
Camera is responsive in taking picture which is what I wanted, previous cameras (other brands) were slow and picture opportunity was missed. Clarity of pictures is great. It is heavier and bulkier than I wanted, but the responsiveness of the camera shutter helps offset that disadvantage. Was glad an extra battery was included, otherwise would have a problem with battery dying. Have not figured out how to use a portable back-up battery charger with it. Would prefer instructions on the use of the camera/features (rather than how to use the cloud etc.) were in the accompanying book rather than having to download more paper to carry around. Purchased August 2015 for overseas trip.
on October 9, 2014
I was very disappointed in the over all picture quality. I am by far not a professional photographer but have use several cameras over the years and have taken many pictures ( mostly outdoors ). Pictures taken without the telephoto and on the auto setting seemed to wash out and not as brilliant as the real thing. Pictures using the telephoto lens were no more than just ok up to about 20 power, after that they were very grainy, not clear and crisp at all. Even sitting on a steady surface and using the digital zoom the pictures were very fuzzy not clear at all. It had a hard time focusing and took a lot of time. I sent it back. And the accessories package that I bought also.
on January 23, 2015
Came with everything as advertised. Such a relief to have an extra battery for long vacation days, although a single battery charge takes lots and lots of photos. The 30X zoom is amazing, I had no trouble getting clear zoom shots even without the tripod. My indoor photos in dimmer light will take some practice, some good, some bad shots, haven't figured out the trick yet. It took two days to make it through the downloadable manual, so much to learn. But the camera does so many things. I was able to upload photos to my phone/Facebook/and the Canon web album without difficulty once I got it set up. Great package for reasonable price.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.