Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 5, 2017
The batteries and charger arrived on June 9th 2017. I charged both batteries, placed one in my Canon SX40HS. When I turned the camera on the battery meter showed a full charge. I put the "spare" Vivitar battery on a shelf.

87 days and 235 pictures later the low-battery icon started flashing on my SX40HS. I never kept statistics on the original Canon battery so I can't say for sure if this is good, bad, or ugly performance.

I took the "spare" Vivitar battery that had been on the shelf for 87 days and put it into my camera. When I turned it on the battery meter showed that the Vivitar battery only had 2/3 power left. That's a very high rate of self-discharge. On the G-B-U scale that teeters between Bad and Ugly.

Edit: yesterday I ended my review by saying that these were worth the money. The 2nd battery that I'd had on the shelf for just under 3 months died after taking 20 pictures. So stay away from Vivitar branded batteries )-:
on July 9, 2012
I just purchased a new Cannon Powershot SX40 camera. As it only comes with one battery, I needed a backup or 2. When I saw this offer on Amazon from Butterfly Photo I couldn't pass it up. The package came fast and the batteries and charger work great. The batteries seem to be just as good as the Cannon battery. The batteries were well worth the price, plus I got all the extra stuff. This was a Great purchase all around.
on December 14, 2015
These replacement batteries are not close to Canon quality. These batteries do not hold a constant charge, the are best when used not more than 20 minutes before they go completely dead. The product does come with 2, so when my Canon battery does need a charge, I usually pop these in back to back for about 40-50 minutes of recording, allowing my real battery to finish out the job. However the replacement charger does charge my Canon battery well. I'll bump the stars to 2.5.
on February 17, 2017
Ultimately happy with this product. my camera acts a little funny with these batteries. The battery power display start blinking red with a line through it pretty quickly after I put a fully charged battery in it. Don't seem to have that problem after I charge the manufacturers battery with this charger. I don't know why? Science.... Anyways, I was very happy with the amount of goodies that came with this. Not going to give it a full 5 stars, because of that weird battery problem, but the price was worth the risk.
on August 6, 2013
Speedy Delivery:
I received the 2 Pack Battery And Charger Kit For Canon PowerShot SX40 HS SX40HS, SX50 HS, SX50HS, Powershot G15, G1 X G1X Digital Camera Includes 2 Extended Replacement (1200Mah) NB-10L Batteries + AC/DC Travel Charger + LCD Screen Protectors + MicroFiber Cloth from ButterflyPhoto faster than promised. The product was well packaged and arrived in ready-to-use condition.

Great Product:
Just finished a 2 week trip using the batteries and charger with my new Canon SX50 HS camera for my daughter's wedding and our whirlwind trip through the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Devils Tower, Mount Rushmore, and Crazy Horse monuments and parks. We have had absolutely no problems charging one battery in the car while driving while using the other one in our camera that was constantly in use during 12+ hour days. Batteries held a charge longer than expected, given the constant drain with the camera always being on and in use.

Great Customer Service:
The folks from ButterflyPhoto even made a personal call to follow up on the delivery and performance of their product, and to make sure I was completely satisfied with my purchase. They made me feel like a valued customer and it is obvious they really care about their customers and the quality of the products they sell. I would not hesitate to purchase any additional camera needs from ButterflyPhoto in the future.
on July 6, 2017
Charger good; one of the two batteries discharges too quickly. Both discharge faster than the Canon battery that came with the camera.
on June 13, 2013
I recently bought a camera that requires a battery pack. Not used to that, so I wanted to have back-up batteries, but at $50 a pop for the Canon brand name battery, I didn't want to end up paying more for the batteries than I did for the camera. This 2-pack of batteries (which have more juice in them than the one that came with my camera, so they last longer) came at a great price. And as if that weren't good enough, I also received a car charger and a wall charger unit for this one low price! I love it! Now I can shoot pictures for hours without having to worry about running out of battery power! A great investment!!

UPDATE: The first time I used the car charger, it worked. When I plugged it in yesterday, however, the light didn't come on, so it appears to have died already. Very disappointed in that, but still think the price for the 2 batteries & home charger is a good deal.

LATEST UPDATE (7/9/13) - The seller agreed to send me a new car charger unit, so I returned the one that wasn't working & within a couple days, had a new one & it seems to be working fine. Thank you to the seller for being so easy to work with!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2012
I really like having extra batteries for my camera, so now I have 3, 2 came with this kit, and 1 with my camera.. The light in the kit is really nice for a room with not much light, this flash is bright.. and the AC/DC charger I love it because it can be used in the car, and also you have a extra AC for the house, because one came with my camera, so now I can charge 2 batteries at the same time if I need to..Love this kit!!
on April 24, 2017
I have bought 2 of these. One battery did not last long at all, but others seem to be fine. Way less than the Canon brand.
on March 14, 2016
Awesome value for the price. I lost my original battery when we moved and was in desperate need. The item came fast and I got two for a great and an extra chager and car charger for an amazing price. Both hold a charge just as well as the name brand did and got me through when I needed them in a hurry. Not to mention you can never have enough camera lens cleaner cloths!