Spring Deals Automotive HPC Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on December 14, 2010
I received these back in 10/26 so it's been almost 2 months. I watched many reviews on YouTube before making this purchase and I was lucky to be one of the first people to pick these up.

Packaging: 5 stars
Can't go wrong here, Monster does a great job on packaging (and I'm a sucker for good packaging). I love the box, and plastic zipper case.

Sound: 3.5 stars
It's good, not great. I expected more. I owned my fair share of head phones. From the Bang and Olufson A8, the V-Moda Vibe, Klipsch S4, and the Apple In-Ear headphones. I'd say it hits all levels at a decent range. There wasn't as much bass as I'd hoped (and I tried all 3 fittings). There is bass if you jam it up in your ear, but it will slip out with some running. Even at it's best, the bass still isn't that great. Does it sound as crisp as the Bang and Olufsen? No, does it have better bass than the V-Moda Vibe, No. Does it have a good mid range like the Klipsch S4? No. Does it suck? No. it's a fairly okay headphones that should be prices at about $100, not $150.

Application: 3 stars
It definitely stays on once its on. I've been running with these and they don't come off. They are fairly comfortable but it can strain your ears after about 2-3 hours. (everyone's ears are different)
I really, really wanted to like these headphones (this is my first pair of Dr. Dre anything). The cord is nice, it doesn't tangle that much and the extension cord is a plus. So here's the bad, I ride a motorcycle and I usually wear headphones and listen to music. Over the ear headphones just don't work with helmets (at least mine didn't) It was easy to put on the helmet but removing it was the problem. Another thing I noticed while working out at the gym, the buttons on the control talk are so easy to press. They are a little too sensitive. You can be jogging moderately and all of a sudden, your music stops. The distance from the left ear phone to the control talk is about 6 inches. So this means the control talk rests somewhere around your neck area. While doing heavy weight lifting, like squats or decline press, your neck caves in and presses the control talk button on accident. It would be nice if the control talk was a little lower (maybe 2 more inches). It would be nice if the head jack had an elbow application, I can already foresee that the wires will stretch and bend-- and it will be only a matter of time before it rips. So...Awesome that it stays on, but crappy that the control talk buttons get pressed so easily.

Build Quality: 1 star
It's been about 2 months and I use these about 4 times a week at the gym and just today, the control talk just broke. It completely split into 3 pieces while walking to the gym! You'd think after spending $150 you'd have a pretty good build quality, I guess not. Like I said, I REALLY wanted to like these things, and for the most part, I did. It's just til now that it broke.

Customer Service: 0 stars
I will follow up with this review once I contact customer service later on today. They better replace my headphones-- this is ridiculous.

Update** 12/14/10 11:20AM PST
I've attempted to contact customer service for the 5th time only to be hung up on or placed on hold again. Monster has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. I've already filed a complaint with BBB. Hope that your headphones don't break or are defective so you don't have to deal with what I just did. Everytime I call, I am placed on hold for half an hour when someone picks up, doesn't say anything and either hangs up, or places me back on hold. What kind of business is this??! Who does that?!? I lowered my rating of the product from 3 stars to 1 stars because of this horrible customer service.

Either hire qualified CSR or terminate the existing ones who don't want to work!

Update*** 1/4/11
Finally received a replacement from Monster after formally submitting a complaint through BBB. Hopefully these headphones won't fall apart again.
2323 comments| 637 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 17, 2014
The headphones did not work for me. They kept falling out my ears. I switch to the urbeats. With the smaller tips the urbeats stayed in my ear.
on May 23, 2017
Volume controls don't work
on August 27, 2015
No complaints from my life partner...She's obsessed with pink
on March 11, 2017
Work great
on October 16, 2014
Came in the mail right away and was packaged well. So far so good. I love the Pink color beats! Great for all activities. Thank you!
on July 22, 2014
These are good work out headphones. The sound doesn't really sound different to me though.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 8, 2015
on August 26, 2013
These were a gift back a couple of months ago. I must say they sounded AWESOME when I first put them in. I clearly heard an improvement from my factory Apple earbuds... Now the bad news, they broke within two weeks. The button/microphone attached to the earphones stopped working. Not only did it stop working, it decided that it would fast forward, rewind, call siri, you name it. I reached out to Dre's company and the return process is brutal, which I won't get into. I finally received my "refurbished" pair several weeks later. They worked for two weeks, and the same problem. Now the right earphone doesn't even work. They sounded good, it's unfortunately not a great quality product that can hold up. I'm in the middle of returning another pair, I'd prefer to go have half my money back instead.

Stay away if you want to work out with these, they won't last.
on December 24, 2013
Look- I don't think any musical mastermind or professional DJ/musician is going to want to purchase this. For starters, I think they are already well aware that these aren't of professional quality or use. Likewise, I don't expect these headphones to be ground-breaking or anything along those lines. I simply expect about a year or two of use out of them, a lovely/girly appearance, and fun to bring to the gym or on long runs. That's all there is to it. The sound is good enough, the look is wonderful, and the little extras (such as the button controlling sound, song selection, and phone controls) are very nice. Good buy for $150.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.