Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Powerex MHR9VI Imedion 9.6V 230mAh 1-Pack Rechargeable Battery
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on September 14, 2011
I recently purchased several different Hybrid NiMh batteries and performed simple current and voltage tests. Nothing as elaborate as some of the testing I have seen reported on-line by other reviewers, but enough for me to get a sense of the performance of different brands. Of the three or four different brands I have looked at, these Maha batteries are absolutely the best. The manufacturer claims they are rechargeable up to 1000 times which is at least twice as much as the other brands I have seen. Haven't had mine long enough to know if this is true, but based on their superior performance so far I tend to believe the claim.

This battery is available in both 9.6 volt and 8.4 volt versions. I first purchased the 9.6 volt battery thinking that this would work better in my electrical meters because it would maintain closer to the approximately 9.5 volts that a new alkaline battery for which the meters were designed would put out. However, it turns out that when fully charged, the 9.6 volt Imedion puts out 10 to 11 volts under light load. This probably makes it a great choice for devices that draw a lot of current. I decided to try the 8.4 volt Imedion in my meters which have typically low current draws, and, indeed, they maintain their voltage in the 9.0 to 9.75 volt range when freshly charged.
on December 4, 2011
I purchased two of these 9 volt batteries and the maha charger. They work great. Battery capacity for power is excellent. I have purchased regular alkaline 9V batteries for our carbon monoxide detector. The battery gauge always shows a less than full charge when inserting brand new batteries. Not the case with these rechargeable batteries. The gauge is maxed and has been maxed for a couple of months. I also use this battery in my guitars to run the internal preamp. Simply outstanding!
on January 6, 2012
I've only charged it up a few times, but in tests with a wireless Shure SM 58 mic, it goes for 7 plus hours. However, my test method was simply to turn it on, keep a piece of paper nearby marking the start time and the end time when I notice the battery indicator has turned red. In the test, I don't have the mic sending any signal (I don't really wanna sing for 7 straight hours), it just picks up the ambient sound of my living room. I think when actually using a mic for singing/speech, it uses the battery more. Anyway, I repeated the test 3 times and everytime it went about 7 hours which is pretty good. I have an older Maha and it still goes for 5 plus hours.

I think this should pay for itself many times over.
on March 25, 2011
Very few options out there for a rechargeable 9v. Bought this one to use with a TENS unit, and so far (4 charges to date) works well.

Make sure you have a 9v charger - they are also not very common.
on October 14, 2013
We use these batteries in a theater setting, in our wireless microphones. We are very rough on them, so I replace all of these batteries every 1.5 years. In that time, we would have gone through hundreds of non-rechargable 9 volt batteries, so these easily pay for themselves.
on December 28, 2010
We have an old bathroom radio that uses a 9V. It is chews up up alkaline and most rechargeable ran out quickly. This battery, with its extra reserve runs significantly longer than any rechargeable I have previously used.
on April 30, 2013
I'd never heard of these batteries until I started looking online for rechargeable 9v and these kept coming up so I decided to try one out now I have 4.ive had the first one for about 6 months and have only charged it once (using n a household alert system)in that time.they are high n price but like you always hear you get what you pay for.the 4 stars is because of price but would buy more if needed
on May 14, 2012
Remember, as you stack NiMh cells on top of each other, you end up with a voltage that's an exact multiple of 1.2V. So for a "9V" battery, you have to settle for either 8.4V (1.2 x 7 cells) or 9.6V (1.2 x 8 cells). At 8.4V many devices will think that the battery is already dead fresh from the charger. "IF" your device can tolerate a higher voltage, 9.6V, these batteries work great. Long shelf life, long performance life, quick charge time ... Oh, that's another thing, your charger has to support 9.6V as well, some of the older ones don't.
on June 14, 2013
Okay, here are the basics:

Nickel metal hydride 9 V rechargeable batteries are heavy. If your device uses more than two of these batteries you might want to consider other options. These batteries are also full-sized, that means that there are 100 percent the maximum size of the specification for the 9 V battery.

They typically last about 25% less time than an alkaline battery.

The best 9 V battery you can possibly get is the energizer lithium ion disposable battery. Given the price, I would only recommend this battery for critical usage. Critical usage for me would mean something like a smoke detector, or a device that is remote and hard to get to. The other thing about the li-ion stuff is that they are all basically temperature insensitive. They run e same in extreme cold and hot, which NiMH do not!

I will say that the Imedion battery is absolutely a quality product.

However, if you have a high current 9 volt device you really need to consider a lithium ion rechargeable battery in order to get the performance you need out of your 9 volts.

If you do use a rechargeable lithium ion battery, you will absolutely see better performance than either a nickel metal hydride battery or an alkaline battery.

I have had both of the Imedion "9 volt" batteries, and the 8.4 and 9.6 versions do not have extended runtime compared to each other. They, oddly, last exactly the same time in any sort of high current drain scenario.

The iPowerUS and MaximalPower rechargeables (li-ion) are great... And you're not throwing tons of alkaline batteries in a landfill or (hopefully) recycling them.

The Imedion are decent, but not a perfect replacement for normal 9v batteries.
on September 6, 2012
Bought these for use in a Sunday church service for all of our instruments and body packs. Unfortunately, they all...ALL of them leaked and went bad within 1 month of purchase. Thats about 4-6 times being used. REALLY disappointed!