- File Size: 3110 KB
- Print Length: 290 pages
- Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers; 1 edition (October 10, 2009)
- Publication Date: October 27, 2009
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002SE63ZC
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#124,422 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #38 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
- #64 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Superheroes
- #87 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Bullies
|Print List Price:||$6.99|
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
Powerless (Supers of Noble's Green) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 290 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $6.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 10 - 12|
|Grade Level: 5 - 7|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
That's kind of what happens to the kids of Noble's Green, Pennsylvania, the self-proclaimed "Safest Town on Earth." Part of why Noble's Green is so famously safe is that all of its residents under the age of 13 have one or more super powers. Some are terrifically strong or fast, several can fly, others can disappear, and still others have superhuman senses. When a house starts on fire or a car drives off a bridge, the kids are on the scene, ready to save the day however they can.
Having super powers is a blast: flying is a total thrill, and the games of hide-and-seek are taken to a whole new level. So it's especially sad that, on the night of each young superhero's 13th birthday, his or her powers --- and memories of ever having them --- are sucked away forever. Why do the kids of Noble's Green have these powers? And why do they disappear faster than a speeding bullet? These are mysteries that are beyond even the powers of the super kids.
Help comes from the unexpected source of decidedly un-super Daniel Corrigan. Daniel and his family move to Noble's Green to be with his grandmother while she's dying from cancer.Read more ›
The town of Nobles Green was visited by a mysterious glowing green meteorite many years ago. Since then, the children of that little town often get super-powers, only to lose them when they turn 13. Our protagonist, Daniel, is not a native to the little village, so has not super-powers, but quickly gets enmeshed into the fun, duties, trials and tribulations of being a Super- even when you're not old enough to stay up to watch the 10 o'clock news.
Daniel does have a nose for mystery and some common sense, and these two abilities leads him to try and find out why his friends all lose their powers- and memories- when they hit thirteen. But Daniel is not prepared for the danger and deeper mysteries behind the truth.
Fun & a nice fast read, suitable for any reader over nine, and fun for us older sorts, too.
I hope this author keeps churning them out. Can't wait for his next book.
After a near fatal fall, Daniel's friends let him in on their secret - they have superpowers. It's been happening in the town for generations, a fact carefully kept secret thanks to a series of rules, including the one that none of them likes to think about: it ends at thirteen. When the superkids reach their thirteenth birthdays, the next morning they have lost their powers, and forgotten they ever had them.
Daniel can't help but feel something isn't right about this. But his investigations into the mystery of the superpowers will put both him and his friends in danger, and uncover a history he never could have imagined.
POWERLESS is a fun, fast-paced read, with a courageous and likable main character in Daniel. It's refreshing to read a story in which the protagonist isn't the super-special one, and Daniel proves that you don't need superpowers to be a hero. The supporting characters are quirky, but have depth as well, and the villain is effectively creepy. The twists along the way will keep readers guessing right up until the end. The end itself is satisfying, but leaves a few questions unanswered.
This reviewer hopes there is a sequel in Daniel's future! Highly recommended.
Reviewed by: Lynn Crow
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Powerless is a really great book! Daniel is a regular kid, moving into a regular new town, when he stumbles into a girl named Mollie. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Connell Timothy
It was amazing it was well wrote and probably the best book I've read. It kinda leaves at a cliff hanger but I'm excited to read the book.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Okay characters, interesting concept, impressively bad dialog.Published 6 months ago by devin strauch
My grandkids and I started listening and reading Powerless over thanksgiving break. The message of the book, to me, is that no one is ever powerless and the those with power can be... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Hope
This book is a really good book for 9-10. This book is amazing and so nice written and so many people love. Read morePublished 9 months ago by KC NYC
It was awesome and high flying action novel about super kids and it was so well writes so so oPublished 11 months ago by Beth G.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Children's Books > Action & Adventure
- Books > Children's Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Moving
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Friendship
- Books > Children's Books > Mysteries & Detectives
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Fantasy & Magic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Mysteries & Detectives
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Superheroes
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Bullies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Friendship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Mysteries & Detectives > Fantasy & Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic