|Item Weight||65 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||25 x 33 x 13 inches|
|Item model number||PM1200|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||5 Years|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Powermatic PM1200 1791330 Air Filtration System
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3 filter system includes a diffuser to disperse exhaust air
- Remote control operates on radio frequency for wider range of effectiveness
- Timer has 9 settings for up to 9-hours of continuous operation
- Inner filter has fine mesh pockets for high efficiency can be blown or washed clean
- Electrostatic outer filter is disposable
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
1791330 Features: -Air filtration system.-PM1200. Assembly Instructions: -Assembly required. Dimensions: -Dimensions: 13'' H x 25'' W x 33'' D.
The Powermatic PM1200 Air Filtration System uses a two-step filtration process to trap up to 99% of five-micron particles and 85% of one-micron particles. This unit can be operated at the cabinet or with the included remote radio frequency transmitter. It includes necessary hardware for mounting to the ceiling and comes with filter guards that can be installed and removed without tools.
The PM1200's two-step filtration system captures particles as small as one micron. View larger.
The exit filter disperses clean air, providing you with a debris-free work environment. View larger.
Designed to strike the proper balance between air flow and filtration, the PM1200 is ideal for the professional woodworking shop, where dirt and debris can compromise air quality. The PM1200 uses two filter stages: the outer filter captures large particles and the inner filter catches the smaller particles that pass through the outer filter.
The electrostatic, disposable outer filter removes 99% of five-micron particles, while the inner filter captures 85% of one-micron particles and has high-mesh pockets that can be blown clean.
Readily-Available, Durable Filters
For easy maintenance, the PM1200 uses intake filters measuring 24.0 x 12.0 x 1.0 inches (WxHxD), a readily available size. The exit filter does not require replacement and can be periodically cleaned with a vacuum or compressed air to ensure efficient operation.
Both the inlet and outlet filter guards are easy to install and remove without tools. The system grilles are secured via simple, finger-operated catches--they come off easily but stay securely in place during use.
Full Set of Controls to Save Energy
Because woodworking shops have fluctuating levels of dust, the PM1200 features a full set of controls, all of which are conveniently located both on the system itself and on the included remote control with easy-to-read LCD screen. Set one of the three available speeds--Low (547 CFM), Medium (706 CFM), or High 1,196 (CFM)--to match current conditions and save on energy costs.
The PM1200 is backed by a five-year warranty.
What's in the Box
Air filtration system; remote control with mounting bracket; nine-volt battery; four eye bolts; four hex nuts; four flat washers; manual; and warranty card.
The on-board panel and remote control allow you to use the PM1200 from anywhere. View larger.
See all Product description
Top customer reviews
I'm not sure why I didn't realize this, but this machine is big. The box weighed in around 75 lbs and the machine was a bit of a challenge getting it into my basement shop, but I did manage to do it by myself without damaging the machine or my house.
1. The shipping carton is wholly inadequate, consisting of a cardboard box, a thin layer of foam, and even thinner plywood panels; a mere gesture toward protection. Consequently, when I unpacked my unit I discovered extensive damage to the housing. One side was badly dented. However, the unit still operated normally, so, because of the difficulty of returning such a large and heavy item that had already been unpacked, I opted keep it.
2. The removable front and rear panels covering the filters and diffuser (they are not at all difficult to remove, as mentioned in other reviews) are held in place by plastic tabs that are part of the plastic cover panel and intended to flex to exert light pressure against the steel housing. Of course, sooner or later the flexing will fatigue the plastic and the tab will break off and, in my case, it was sooner. One may have been broken during shipment and the second broke off the first time I removed the cover. I think that magnets embedded in the plastic cover would provide a more durable means of holding it in place.
Timer, remote, electronics works as described
Significantly increased the air-quality in my garage shop
Cost. If you have an old blower and have the skills to make a box with an area to put a filter you can likely save hundreds of dollars and get the same benefit.
Quality control is terrible. There were three loose screws rattling around the inside of this machine. The screws, come to find out, hold the blower in place and it was impossible to access the area required to screw them back in. I had to look through my bin of old screws to rig something suitable to keep the fan stable. Some simple lock tight or different machine screws could have prevented the problem.
Like other reviewers, the chrome accent pieces were bent and falling off which is strange because the box that it came in was fully intact and lined with thin wood to keep damage to a minimum. There must be something happening at the factory before the machine is boxed.
Well I've had this one up and running for about a month, and I'm very happy with the performance and noise level. My oscillating fan makes more noise than the AC on low speed. Even as it moves to medium and high, there is no rattle or loose noises. Very satisfied.
REVISED REVIEW: I had to reduce the stars down to three. After only one week that the remote control feature stopped working...sometimes. I've had to unplug the unit to reset it twice now. Sometimes the remote works and sometimes it does not. Very frustrating situation for a new machine.
The squirrel cage fan in this unit is bolted to the case using six bolts. These bolts are thread into the sheet metal of the fan which is thin and can only accommodate a couple of complete thread. I seems that the threads easily strip out during shipping of possibly assembly. On the first unit I received all 6 bolts had stripped out resulting in the fan smashing around in the case casing significant damage. This unit was returned to Amazon and a new unit shipped. The second unit had one stripped out bolt which I fix by installing a lock nut - in my option Powermatic should have used nuts in the first place. The case of the second unit was dented in shipping due to insufficient packaging however I decided not to take a chance on a third unit being delivered in better condition.
On hanging the unit from the ceiling the case buckles around the eye bolts. Some internal bracing at the load points would probably prevent this.
Overall this Powermatic unit doesn't seems to be of superior quality than any of the other cheaper brands. In the future I won't be paying more for just a premium brand name.