From the Back Cover
This intuitive, applications-driven guide to electronics doesn't overload you with technical detail. Instead, it tells you -- and shows you -- what basic and advanced electronics parts and components do, and how they work. Practical Electronics for Inventors offers over 750 hand-drawn images that provide clear, detailed instructions that can help turn theoretical ideas into realities.
CRYSTAL CLEAR AND COMPREHENSIVE
Covering the entire field of electronics, from basics through analog and digital, AC and DC, integrated circuits (ICs), semiconductors, stepper motors and servos, ICD displays, and various input/output devices, this guide even includes a full chapter on the latest microcontrollers. If you want to succeed in turning your ideas into workable electronic gadgets and inventions, this is THE book.
ENTHUSIASTIC READERS HELPED US MAKE THIS BOOK EVEN BETTER
This revised, improved, and completely updated second edition reflects suggestions offered by the loyal hobbyists, students, and inventors who made the first edition a bestseller.
Reader-suggested improvements in this guide include:
- Thoroughly expanded and improved theory chapter
- New sections covering test equipment, optoelectronics, microcontroller circuits, and more
- Answered problems throughout the book
Practical Electronics for Inventors takes you through reading schematics, building and testing prototypes, purchasing electronic components, and safe work practices. You'll find all this in a guide that's destined to get your creative -- and inventive -- juices flowing.
New projects, sample problems, and much more!
Starting with a light review of electronics history, physics, and math, the book provides an easy-to-understand overview of all major electronic elements, including:
- Basic passive components
- Resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers
- Discrete passive circuits
- Current-limiting networks, voltage dividers, filter circuits, attenuators
- Discrete active devices
- Diodes, transistors, thrysistors
- Rectifiers, amplifiers, modulators, mixers, voltage regulators