- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (February 17, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118787315
- ISBN-13: 978-1118787311
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.7 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 30 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #65,521 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Practical Reverse Engineering: x86, x64, ARM, Windows Kernel, Reversing Tools, and Obfuscation 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
LEARN THE SCIENCE AND CRAFT OF REVERSE ENGINEERING TO FIGHT HACKERS AND ROOTKITS
Criminals increasingly are using malicious software (exploits, viruses, rootkits, etc.) for fraud, denial-of-service, intrusions, and espionage operations. Reverse engineering is the only method to thoroughly dissect and understand such software. So it is no surprise that reverse engineering is one of the most important subjects in information security. Unfortunately, it is often perceived as a mysterious and complex black art. Although reverse engineering is a difficult subject, the authors believe there is a scientific approach to it. Practical Reverse Engineering aims to demystify the art and systematize the reverse-engineering process for students and professionals.
- Discover a unique, systematic approach to reverse engineering that incorporates hands-on analysis with real-world malware
- Find detailed coverage of the three most popular processor architectures: x86, x64, and ARM
- Use this concise, structured treatment of the Windows kernel and kernel-mode drivers, featuring walk-throughs and exercises with real-world rootkits
- Learn sophisticated code-obfuscation techniques, such as those used in virtual machine protections, and how to deobfuscate them using program-analysis techniques
- Discover advanced debugging techniques to automate and streamline the reverse-engineering process
- Apply newly learned concepts with complete walk-throughs and exercises using real-world malware
About the Author
Bruce Dang is a senior security development engineering lead at Microsoft focusing on Windows kernel and reverse engineering.
Alexandre Gazet is a senior security researcher at QuarksLab focusing on reverse engineering and software protection.
Elias Bachaalany is a software security engineer at Microsoft.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book is fairly small for a technical book at only 340 pages, but it is very dense. Every sentence is important.
You need to have used IDA and windbg before you start reading this book.
Very helpful to translate your knowledge from x86 to ARM and explaining how Windows kernel code works. I really like it's line "If the process of reverse engineering Windows drivers could be modeled as a discrete task, 90% would be understanding how Windows works and 10% would be understanding assembly code."
Chapter 3: The Windows Kernel is my favorite chapter so far. If you're trying to learn more about the kernel from a security prospective, this is what you must read. I wasn't looking for a reverse engineering guide on it, instead fundamentals and concepts with a security perspective, but instead I got both. There's nothing else out there like this book.
Most recent customer reviews
First the positive. This book does indeed contain densely packed information you will not find in other books.Read more
to a medium of...Read more