Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on April 19, 2014
This book lays out how to walk in both worlds in such a simple and sensible way. I may pass it along to a fellow shaman friend or perhaps just suggest it to them, because I will probably read this one again. It offers great suggestions on how to navigate our new world and is totally down to earth on every page. I highly recommend the book. It is an easy read even if one is not on the shamanic path.
on June 4, 2016
Shamanism has always 'called to me' but seemed so complicated. Katie Weatherup opened my heart and set my feet on the path that I had always yearned for.This book is like sitting with a good friend! It is a comfortable read..demystifies a lot of the basics of shamanic work. Thank you very much!!
on February 6, 2015
The author has put together a guide that is GOLD! Katie masterfully shows the novice as well as the experienced practitioner, and all of us in between, a way to be as a human and a way to be of use to the world while being in proper alignment. The book is short but don't let the size fool you as it is packed with information. What I truly have enjoyed is every time I read it, more comes through from between the lines, sort of like a transmission from lineage or spirit. I have read quite a few books on Shamanism and have been a long time practitioner and most books I read and pass on. This book has remained in my possession since I purchased it and will continue to do so!
on September 6, 2014
great book. gives useful information in a way that expands knowledge and makes the info easy to work with and incorporate into new or already established practice.
on October 9, 2014
This is a fabulous book for anyone who wishes to learn how to work with the spirit world directly, and practically. She truly understands that we are both human and spirit, and we DO have to walk in both worlds for a satisfying life. I love the way she explains practical how-to's to journey and connect with spirit. The drum CD included is a super awesome bonus! It makes journey work so much easier!
on August 16, 2014
I highly recommend this book. It's well written, concise and informative. It's a great place to start.
on June 11, 2013
This book is a good guide for understanding shamanism with a simple description of what happens. This is not a teaching guide full of exercises. If you are serious about learning and understanding basic core shamanism, then you should read this book.
on January 5, 2013
For those new to the practice, I highly recommend this book. It's practical, grounded and sensitive and reminds us that we are always an integral part of this complex world, we just forget to notice.
on November 25, 2008
This book truly is for the who wants a deeper spiritual understanding but who lives in this world and wants to stay here. I ordered four other books when I ordered this one - I sent three of them back. They were too traditional for what I was looking for at the time. The book is written in an easy to understand way without arrogance. I have many books on shamanism and this is the best (but also the least "traditional"). Katie gives a simple to follow directions to go on a Shamanic journey - if you try, don't give up - it might take more than one try. I will read this one again.
on May 14, 2011
I'm a pagan and have been since 1998 or so. I knew a little something about Shamanism and always wanted to know more.
This book open your eyes to new, wonderful possibilities. It helps you to see things different and learn about brand new things... making possible to know yourself better. You'll learn not only about new things, but will also learn how to explore them.
I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. :)