Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Practice Makes Perfect: Complete Spanish Grammar, Premium Third Edition Paperback – April 28, 2016
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Gilda Nissenberg Ph.D., is an experienced educator and faculty trainer. She has authored curriculum for intermediate and beginning Spanish high school courses for Miami-Dade Public Schools, the Southern Region College Board (GA), and the New York College Board.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The book has 26 different chapters
- The book also includes over 2,500 exercises to help you learn Spanish
- There’s even a bonus online section that includes audio and text
Like the title of the books suggests, Complete Spanish Grammar is very complete. You will learn topics that are easy to understand such as conjugating verbs in the present tense and the preterit and imperfect tenses (past tenses). And you will also learn some of the most complicated topics of Spanish grammar such as reflexive verbs and the Spanish subjunctive mood. You’ll also learn almost every other Spanish grammar topic imaginable. For example:
- Irregular verbs
- Stem changing verbs
- Ser and estar
- Determining when to use the preterit tense vs. the imperfect tense
- The future and the conditional
- The progressive tenses
- The present perfect and the past perfect
- The future perfect and the conditional perfect
- The passive voice and passive constructions
- Not just the present subjunctive but also the imperfect and the pluperfect subjunctive
- Nouns and articles
- Adjectives, adverbs, pronouns and prepositions
- And a lot more
One features that I found helpful about this book is that the author includes verb charts that you can quickly use as a reference. But the two things that I like most about this book are:
One, the author gives plenty of advice on how to avoid many of the common mistakes that native English speakers make when speaking Spanish. For example, the author points out that in Spanish the English auxiliary verb “do” is not translated in Spanish and that Spanish does not require an auxiliary verb in order to ask a question. She then gives several examples, including:
Compramos la casa? – Do we buy the house?
Abro la puerta? – Shall I open the door?
Two, at the end of every chapter there is a “vocabulary section” – This is where the author defines all the news words that were taught in that chapter. I found this to be a huge time saver. Since all of the new Spanish words were defined in the “vocabulary section” at the end of each chapter, I didn’t have to look up all the news words in a Spanish dictionary.
In closing, I want to leave you with a list of my favorite three learn-Spanish products available here at Amazon:
1.Easy Spanish Phrase Book NEW EDITION: Over 700 Phrases for Everyday Use (Dover Language Guides Spanish) Easy Spanish Phrase book. This is an economically priced, handy resource that easily fits into my back pocket. You can conveniently take it anywhere with you when vacationing in a Spanish speaking country in order to have more than 700 phrases in your Spanish-vocabulary arsenal. And unlike so many learning-Spanish books, there is also a section called "Computers and Technology" where you'll find Spanish vocabulary related to modern technology.
2. Learning Spanish Like Crazy Level 1 CDR - w/ Super Bonus Package - Learn Spanish & Speak Spanish - New & Improved for PC/Mac - Free Updates for 1 Yr LSLC is my favorite audio Spanish program because the program focuses on everyday, Latin American Spanish. This is a new and improved version with new content and new native Spanish speakers, and I find it to be much better than the previous version. The program is geared toward the foreign-language learner who wants to eventually achieve fluency in Spanish instead of someone who just wants to learn a few travel phrases. Compared to the other programs that I have used, this one does the best job at teaching you how to develop an authentic sounding Latin American Spanish accent. The program also comes with a very impressive bonus package.
3. 501 Spanish Verbs with CD-ROM and Audio CD (501 Verb Series) 501 Spanish Verbs. If you think you can accomplish fluency in Spanish as an adult without mastering conjugating Spanish verbs, you are only fooling yourself. This book is an absolute essential resource for learning how to conjugate Spanish verbs.
If you have any questions about Practice Makes Perfect’s Complete Spanish Grammar, please post your questions below and I will do my best to answer your questions.