Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Practice Makes Perfect Spanish Pronouns and Prepositions, Second Edition
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Discover it $5 Albums Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Wedding Store Tailgate-Garden Amazon Football TV Wall Mounting CrisisinSixScenes CrisisinSixScenes CrisisinSixScenes  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition RollingStones Shop Now STEM

on November 17, 2010
This book introduces students to the world of Spanish pronouns and prepositions. Following the book's introduction which provides an overview of how the book should be used, there are two sections which go into great detail about the different types of Spanish pronouns and prepositions. Students will be exposed to 15 different topics on Spanish pronouns and prepositions. Some topics include subject pronouns, interrogative pronouns, prepositional pronouns, direct object pronouns, indirect object pronouns, double object pronoun constructions (indirect+direct), reflexive pronouns, para and por and verbs and adjectives with characteristic prepositions. Besides the main subjects of Spanish pronouns and prepositions, the book also presents appendices highlighting verb conjugations, answers to the exercises from both the Spanish pronoun and preposition sections and an English-Spanish vocabulary list.

This book is designed for those who have some knowledge of the Spanish language, those who wish to broaden their insight into the workings of Spanish pronouns and prepositions, and those who are simply attempting to brighten their shine in the Spanish grammar arena. Whether you are an advanced learner or beginner, this book is a great tool for sharpening your Spanish language skills. While advanced learners have the edge of skipping through chapters due to their advanced level, it is recommended that beginners not skip any chapters as the book is designed in a sequential manner that builds on grammatical concepts and vocabulary that were discussed in previous chapters.

If you've been searching for a book to assist you with honing your Spanish grammatical skills in the areas of pronouns and prepositions, you've just ended your search.

Some other Amazon products that I recommend for Spanish language learners are listed below:

A resource that highly recommend for adding new words to your Spanish vocabulary is Quick Study-Spanish Vocabulary Flash Cards-1000 cards It is a tremendous bargain for the price since you get 1,000 of these cards.

For learning how to conjugate Spanish verbs, the best product is the Verbarrator Version 1.1 (Windows Version) software. This Verbarrator actually replaces the boring Spanish verb conjugation books and makes learning how to conjugate Spanish verbs one of the most fun parts of learning Spanish. And, of course, the more you use the tool the quicker that you will learn how to conjugate Spanish verbs and reach fluency. It is one of the best investments you can make in your learning-Spanish studies. Another feature that I like about this interactive software is that it really helped improve my pronunciation.

The last product that I recommend for anyone who is really serious about learning Spanish is The Ultimate Spanish Review and Practice w/CD-ROM (UItimate Review & Reference Series). This Spanish grammar book covers every aspect of Spanish grammar imaginable. To get the equivalent learning-Spanish value of this one book you would have to buy 3 or 4 books in the Practice Makes Perfect series.
on August 16, 2011
..this workbook is well constructed and extremely helpful.

After having taken a night class, read a few books, and gone through all 5 levels of Rosetta Stone; Pronouns continued to confound me. I had the idea that if I could just spend some time focusing on them and practice, I could get past them as an obstacle. Working through this book was exactly what I needed at that time. It manages to teach you the subject while challenging you to learn more Spanish while not inundating you with new vocabulary or confusing you with strangely constructed exercises.

I consider this workbook to be an essential part of one's Spanish learning arsenal. Lo compre.
on November 12, 2011
The book is excellent except for the tremendously annoying fact that the examples of what's being taught are in a font that cannot be resized, and the font is VERY, VERY, small.
No matter how many times I try to read the material, and I like her format and style of writing, everytime I come to another example, I stop reading. The font in these areas is actually smaller than the smallest font that Kindle generates. Yes, it's that small. These portions are also about 1/5 the darkness of the rest of the type.
If there are people out there not having this problem, please, please let me know.
I'll be returning the two books that I've purchased.
44 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2010
This book along with the Verb version of this series are excellent learning tool. It's not for complete beginners, more so for those in the intermediate level. It has exercises with answer key in the back of the book. The chapters are broken up in concentrated topics which helps learn each facet of the language thoroughly.
on March 10, 2015
This book was EXACTLY what I looked for:
1. It has great structure and grammar explanations
2. It introduces a lot of vocabulary
3. It gives you a million of various exercises to practice each topic introduced in a lesson
4. It makes you translate from English to Spanish (the most difficult thing to do in every language). So once you can translate correctly, you know you mastered that topic.
5. It comes with a wonderful Spanish audio, that I constantly use as an answer key and to practice listening to Spanish.
6. Each chapter can be studied independently, so this book can be used as a supplemental material or on its own. I use with Spanish verbs and "Easy Spanish" by Barbara Bergstein.
7. It's really inexpensive.
on February 13, 2011
This book is designed very well for learning. And the subject is essential. When people start to "think in Spanish" I believe about 90% of that lies in understanding the way prepositions and pronouns are placed in sentences. It seems to me that this is the biggest difference between Spanish and English when you look for things that go against the grain of automatic language in the English speaker's mind. If you're too busy, I suggest you do one exercise per day (but repeat the exercise until you're comfortable with it over multiple days as needed). The limited amount of reading needed before doing an exercise, and the value of each exercise are very nice features! As soon as a principle is presented, you're practicing. I began understanding Spanish much better after just the first few lessons.
on February 9, 2013
I am a teacher of Spanish as a Second Language, I am bilingual English/Spanish, and I have used the collection for English learners as well (has helped me sort my prepositions, but it was a must when I was teaching English as a second language) Now I use these for my husband, who is trying to learn Spanish, and I recommend them whole-heartedly, they have all explanations in English, the intro to the exercises in English, and the activities are in Spanish. So, one can use them independently and feel confident to understand the content while the activities help you build the sentence structure and gain vocabulary. It is also includes a key to correct the exercises or check your progression. The collection covers virtually everything there is to the language, and I really really recommend it for all levels. They have sentence builders, vocabulary, basic grammar, intermediate grammar, advance grammar, verbs, past tense, irregular verbs, the subjunctive..... Great collection.
on June 8, 2015
This is an excellent combination of explanation and exercises. You need to have some basic Spanish skills in order to use it - otherwise you won't be able to understand the sentences in the exercises. But the author does a fantastic job of taking the mystery out of pronouns and prepositions. I am trying to teach myself Spanish using a college textbook and am doing pretty good - but this was a trouble area for me. I understood the grammar, kinda sorta, but just wasn't really getting it, and was constantly making mistakes. This book has been a tremendous help in clarifying what I already had a basic grasp of. Practice Makes Perfect Verbs, by the same author, is another book that has been indispensable for me - the best verb book I've even seen.
on April 2, 2016
It's very well written and does a great job of illustrating pronoun and preposition usage with very good examples. Unfortunately, like other Kindle readers, I find my that in my Kindle edition the example sentences are in a VERY small type font that can't be enlarged, unlike the rest of the text. No matter what the examples just stay tiny. They are just at the threshold of being readable and this greatly distracts from the readability of the book. If the examples can't be hanged to a type font that can be read without severe eye strain for some obscure reason, can't they at least be inserted to illustrations that enlarge when clicked on as has been done with other Kindle books?

Bottom line, get the paper book, not the Kindle edition. It's worth the few dollars more.
on May 16, 2011
This book is fantastic. It explains a lot of litte things which a lot of books don't even bother to explain. For example, why you don't need to mention the Subject in Spanish most of the time. When I was taking Spanish course, it was always bothering me about not mention Subjects, because in english it is necessarry most of the time.
My spanish teacher is an native speaker whom can not explain why subject is no need to be mentioned in Spanish and also didn't understand why this will be a problem for me to understand. Little things like that makes me really furstated until I discoverd this book. All of my confusions about Spanish are finally be answered.

With a bite size of excercise for each unit improve my Spanish step by step. It also pointed out the different usages between Latin Amrian and Spain.I brought this book originally is for reviewing my Spanish. Therefore, I'm looking for something which I can take a lot of pracetice to begin with. I have to say it is not for the beginner. If you have learned a litte bit before, this will be a good work book for you.