Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on October 15, 2011
After dragging my feet for quite some time, I finally caved in and ordered this book for several of our students. I run a successful ACT test prep company and we have always stuck to official ACTs for all practice -- mainly The Real ACT (CD) 3rd Edition (Real Act Prep Guide) our own product, Boost Your Score! The Unofficial Software Guide to the Real ACT, and other materials purchased directly from the ACT company. We have been finding, however, that some of our students still need even more practice. I've gone through most of the other books out there (Kaplan, other Princeton Review books, Barrons, etc.) and I've been unimpressed, particularly when it comes to science and reading passages. I simply do not feel that those books do an adequate job of simulating actual ACT questions. This book, on the other hand, is excellent. Questions very closely mimic those on official ACTs, answer explanations are clear, and questions are sorted by subject for students who need extra practice in a particular area. Great job, Princeton Review!
on June 14, 2011
With the exception of "the Real ACT" tests, the princeton tests comes closest to the real act than any other prep companies' tests. If you need more tests to practice with then get this book! It's great!
In prepping students for the ACT, I have found that many of them need lots of supplementary work, of the drill and practice variety. I have also found that these students benefit from working on real ACT-type questions under time constraints, similar to an actual ACT test.

1,296 ACT Practice Questions is one of the best books on the market to meet this need for supplementary practice. The Reading passages and Science passages are well-written and fit the criteria of ACT-style passages and questions. The answers are also detailed and the explanations are easy to understand. I'd definitely recommend this book for supplementary practice in preparation for the ACT.
on June 18, 2009
This book is so fantastic! I wasn't sure what to expect because there wasn't as much information or reviews as I'm used to. I was very uneasy about this purchase. Wow, I really wasted my time. This book is amazing! The 400+ pages are full of ACT questions and answers (short listed and explained) As of yet, I have not seen any "tips or tricks" just cold-hard practice tests (and solid, detailed instruction in the answers section). The pages are NOT made of regular book paper (which may be a turn-off for some...the pages aren't white or laminated. They are kind of light brown and a tiny bit "scratchy" but nothing to complain about). You can put your answers on a different paper and take the tests over and over again (Which is quite nice).

I have not fully examined all of this book, (I only got it this morning) but what I have experienced far-exceeds my expectations. There are four tests for each section (plus writing and essays). And like I mentioned before, there are short listed answers (1:a, 2:d, 3:e ect) and DETAILED long answers (1:a because you're trying to find x, you must first...) it is such a wonderful aspect! I am so thrilled with this and feel that if I study from it often, I'll get a good score on my ACT. Again, DO NOT hesitate.
on February 5, 2012
This book helped me a lot when I was practicing to the ACT, it has a lot of qood questions in it, but as they say in the book: It is not REAL ACT questions, if you want 100 % real ACT questions, you will have to buy an original ACT product.I liked it alot, and recommends the book.
on September 8, 2010
It is a good practice book. However, users should note that there are a lot of errors in the answer key, especially the science reading part. Also, there are some answers that don't match the explanations given, so it spends time to check which answer is actually correct. The quality of this book is the worst amongst the other princeton review products.
on November 22, 2012
I am a professional tutor who specializes in teaching the standardized tests for college and graduate school entrance. I focus primarily on the ACT and the SAT. This book is perfect for practicing the techniques and material for the ACT. It doesn't have any test prep information in it. There are other books that have that type of test prep information in them. This just has the questions and answer explanations. Princeton Review probably does the best job of recreating the question types that are on the actual ACT as any of the test prep companies on the market. I would advise that one purchase this book in conjunction to another book that teaches the actual techniques to get a solid amount of information and preparation for the ACT.
on January 11, 2013
Purchased 2 items and they both arrived within 3 days. This is a great book to study for the ACT. Highly reccommend over the book sold by the ACT company. We have both and this one is SO much better to simplify and explain.
on November 30, 2012
This book is absolutely fantastic for practice. The math and english in this book is exactly on par with what you will see on the actual exam. The science is alright, while this book does have a few hard passages, they are simply too short. The actual ACT has much longer science passages. The only con about this book is that the reading is too easy compared to the real test. Nevertheless, the amount of practice you get from this book makes it worth your time and effort.
on September 11, 2010
We purchased this to help a student at our school and it was an excellent choice because the student felt better relaxed and prepared for the actual test. Great price for the Textbook and fast shipping!

God Bless :))