Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 593 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 747 reviews
on February 22, 2014
Eckhart has a way of clearly stating, in westernized terms, what is the essence of Buddhist philosophy. Our mind is constantly propelling us into the past or future and prevents us from experiencing the present moment; the only moment there really is. Quoting Lao Tsu (the Tao) "If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present." Peace is all you really have and how easily we give it away. Eckhart made it clear to why we do that.
on July 22, 2017
The ego mind and pain body the book describes were destroying my sanity and ability to function due to being in a relationship from which I was unable to separate. I ordered the audio as well as Kindle version to saturate my way out of desperation. (The hardcopy just purchased now serves as a "loaner" to friends.)

Two weeks later...I find peace and joy in the NOW and the relationship is over. Plus I have clarity in other life situation areas. During the two-week suffering-before-letting-go healing process I reached out to a Centers for Spiritual Living practitioner who teaches The Power of Now and has read Tolle's original Power of Now text 32 times. He helped by asking questions I was unable to ask myself.) I now make the Now the priority of my life. How wonderful to have a direct path to serenity.

For those who adhere to conservative Christian perspective, one can substitute " seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness" phrase for the word NOW.
on December 30, 2016
This book is essential for any spiritual seeker, especially someone acquainted with Eckhart Tolle. The teachings in this book are not a rehash entirely, but are very important clarifactory instructions on how to live the spiritual life. I absolutely love Eckhart Tolle's teachings, but his books sometimes left me with questions on how to live out his teachings; this is the book on how to do that.
on May 2, 2017
I absolutely love this book, it's changed my way of life in such a profound and amazing way. This particular copy I bought for my neighbor who struggles in her relationships with family. My personal copy i would never ever part with! Realizing that I am not the "thinker" but the observer changed my life and relationships forever! Oh, and I highly recommend that you read "A New Earth" to dive even deeper. Having the ability to recognize the ego will free you!
on February 3, 2009
I have read The Power of Now and A New Earth, and have since bought Practicing the Power of Now and Stillness Speaks and am halfway through each. I have to tell you, I am changing. Something has happened, and I am not afraid anymore. It took more than just reading one book. I had to keep flooding myself with these teachings and practicing them. At first I agreed with the words but I didn't feel the peace, at least not for long. I would read and feel it but the teachings would recede quickly to the back of my mind, allowing the usual judgments and fear to come to the front. These little hardbound books are just what I wanted, a rapid insertion of wisdom into my cluttered perception. If you have felt that Eckhart Tolle really does have something special in his explanation of who we are and how to find peace, than you should keep collecting his books. Or just have one and read it as many times as it takes, until you really get it. Eckhart didn't invent this stuff, it's everywhere from Jesus to the Buddha to dozens of other contemporary spiritual teachers. Tolle just teaches the priniciples in a way that sinks in for me. These principles are true; I know because I have found peace. It's awesome. Maybe the best thing that ever happened to me.
on August 1, 2017
This Book is a great book. it is Practical
it has helped me shine light of consciousness on negative patterns that keep dragging me in Past or towards the future.

My favorite quote is from Chapter 2 "The Present Moment is all you will ever have" The writer states that while we have to use the past and future to deal with practical aspects of our lives. yes, we have to reflect and Plan as needed. we should Always say yes to the Present moment and Live in the Now.
In Chapter 8 , the writer likens the Present Moment to a flashlight, that helps create clear in a dark foggy place...and states in chapter 9, enough presence helps rid of Dark Past mental activity...

if you are looking to learn and bring more presence in your life , read it. Goodluck!
on June 13, 2016
I feel like I've been asleep my entire life.. And just now woke up. Clarity.
I understand things I didn't think I would until death gave me the answers.
on November 14, 2015
The Power of Now is a gem. Ageless wisdom form East and West that attentive people can use in our fast hectic modern world to find refuge in and eliminate almost all sufferings from their lives by learning to make the shift as described in this follow up book from living in the imaginary past or future to living in the only time we human beings can: The Now.
Highly recommended to watch the numerous videos of the ever entertaining and always profound and real Eckhart Tolle on YouTube.
on March 23, 2015
I finished this book this weekend. It's much shorter than the Power of Now, which I read a couple times prior.
This practicing book is good because it helps you to PRACTICE what Tolle talks about in The Power of Now. I think I still prefer the Power of Now. I enjoy reading the more in depth analysis Tolle takes his reader. Make no mistake though, that book requires multiple readings IMO.

After having living with my pain body for YEARS I can't tell you what peace and stillness I experience now because of the Power of Now.
on June 18, 2013
I have purchased this little book over and over to send to friends and family thru the years! Everything in it is relevant for those of us wanting to live a more empowered and in the moment life and mindset. It has helped me tremendously as I have had the tendency to "worry" about things and people, constantly analyzing what I can do to "help". For many years I rarely lived in the NOW as a result of my projections of fear into the future. I missed a lot of precious NOW moments in those days. That aspect has now diminished greatly and the instruction in this wonderful book has had a lot to do with that! I read it almost daily to keep myself on track! I am much more at peace, relaxed and trusting of the process in all things with greater ease! I like that "easy button" I now use in my mind. Thank you Eckhart Tolle for sharing your insight and wisdom with the world. You are helping all of us who want greater peace to become gentler souls on the planet. You are here and we are better off for it!
Kelli in Sedona, AZ