Pragmatic Programmer, The: From Journeyman to Master 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
There is a newer version of this item:
Inspire a love of reading with Prime Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Prime Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Some of the authors' nuggets of pragmatism are concrete, and the path to their implementation is clear. They advise readers to learn one text editor, for example, and use it for everything. They also recommend the use of version-tracking software for even the smallest projects, and promote the merits of learning regular expression syntax and a text-manipulation language. Other (perhaps more valuable) advice is more light-hearted. In the debugging section, it is noted that, "if you see hoof prints think horses, not zebras." That is, suspect everything, but start looking for problems in the most obvious places. There are recommendations for making estimates of time and expense, and for integrating testing into the development process. You'll want a copy of The Pragmatic Programmer for two reasons: it displays your own accumulated wisdom more cleanly than you ever bothered to state it, and it introduces you to methods of work that you may not yet have considered. Working programmers will enjoy this book. --David Wall
Topics covered: A useful approach to software design and construction that allows for efficient, profitable development of high-quality products. Elements of the approach include specification development, customer relations, team management, design practices, development tools, and testing procedures. This approach is presented with the help of anecdotes and technical problems. --This text refers to an alternate kindle_edition edition.
From the Author
* Pragmatic Project Automation (0974514039)
* Pragmatic Unit Testing in C# with Nunit (0974514020)
* Pragmatic Unit testing in Java with Junit (0974514012)
* Pragmatic Version Control Using CVS (0974514004)
* Programming Ruby 2nd Edition (0974514055) --This text refers to an alternate kindle_edition edition.
- File Size : 4923 KB
- Print Length : 458 pages
- Publisher : Addison-Wesley Professional; 1st Edition (October 20, 1999)
- Publication Date : October 20, 1999
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B003GCTQAE
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Simultaneous Device Usage : Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #242,507 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: