As a mysterious high plains drifter travels across the wintry North Dakota prairie, he finds a man lying unconscious in the middle of the road and stops to lend a hand. After defrosting, the man explains that he's on his way to meet his pen-pal girlfriend for the first time, as she's being released from prison. Desperate for a girlfriend of his own, the drifter sees this as an opportunity to change his lonely existence, and hatches a plan to steal his new companion's identity, forever changing the destinies of all three people.
An unnervingly romantic, starkly humorous, and startlingly composed drama. --Roya Rastegar, The Huffington Post
From the frozen plains of North Dakota comes this WONDERFULLY BIZARRE story about three people searching for love in the oddest ways. --SUNDANCE INSTITUTE
OFFICIAL SELECTION --SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL
Top customer reviews
If you want to see the state and some representation of the people who live in North Dakota, it's a good watch. You shouldn't watch it for a pick-me-up.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Film Movement
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Independently Distributed > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials